plugY for mac

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: plugY for mac

Post by whist on Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:00 am

@renix wrote:...my Mac is 7 years old runs like new tell me a Windows laptop that can do that

My computer running Windows can run any game properly without having to install 1337 different programs and without going through all kind of various trouble just to get it to run (don't even talk about installing mods or something of the kind lol, it gets even more complicated...). Tell me of a MAC that can do this.

I never said MACs aren't good computers. Those who say that are retarded nonetheless. My point was that it's not, and never will be, meant for games. The toaster is better than the PS4 to make toasts, but that doesn't make the toaster the best machine. MACs are meant for work, and using it to mainly play games is just hilarious (as a matter of fact... I had a friend posting a picture of his new "top tier gaming computer" on Facebook recently... the guy bought a MAC lmao...)
whist
Nihlathak

Huehuehue™

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:23 am

@renix wrote:In my experience mac laptops have lasted longer that's what I was taking about and is your pc custom built / a gaming comp which tend to run longer but can be very expensive
The pc I run the server off of is not a gaming comp. It is pretty solid for it's time which was like 07-08. Now I do have a beast comp that I had built for me but it was only like $2,500 and it has as sick of specs as I could possibly need for gaming. If I had the same stuff in an apple or dell the price would've been doubled no doubt.

Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:34 am

@whist wrote:
@renix wrote:...my Mac is 7 years old runs like new tell me a Windows laptop that can do that

My computer running Windows can run any game properly without having to install 1337 different programs and without going through all kind of various trouble just to get it to run (don't even talk about installing mods or something of the kind lol, it gets even more complicated...). Tell me of a MAC that can do this.

I never said MACs aren't good computers. Those who say that are retarded nonetheless. My point was that it's not, and never will be, meant for games. The toaster is better than the PS4 to make toasts, but that doesn't make the toaster the best machine. MACs are meant for work, and using it to mainly play games is just hilarious (as a matter of fact... I had a friend posting a picture of his new "top tier gaming computer" on Facebook recently... the guy bought a MAC lmao...)

Then why are most MAC owners unemployed? Oh snap, no he did'ent.

The primary reason the Macs suc at games is that different video card properties are desired for picture and video editing than for games. Accuracy trumps speed for the purposes to which higher end macs are put to use.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by renix on Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:53 am

I was just stating my experience not a actual controlled test our proven fact just for me have lasted longer I would assume there are equally good if not better Windows computers compared to mac I just like mine and have had good experience with it

renix
Asatruar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:48 pm

Are student employees (those who work for tuition money) counted as unemployed? Fuck load of mac users (50 pct?) at my top uni and they support only mac tech support Sad. Also don't sell PC's.

jw...

Will
Talic

Mr. Generosity/Former Forumer & Freak :)
TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://medianxl.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Westville on Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:51 pm

This topic fit me so well..

I had a Mac for years, it was dropped on cement multiple times etc and always worked. About 6 months ago my logic board finally went out. I called to get the replacement part and was told it would be 750$.... I told them I would install it myself and the price still didn't change. So I said well.... I only used it for surfing the web because it couldn't play median without lagging for shit. With that kind if price tag I realized I could get a windows laptop to perform more than just for Internet purposes and allow me to transport it around much easier which meant more median playing time.

I ended up buying a gaming laptop and couldn't be happier with the results. It cost decent amount above 750$, but it can do anything that any other computer can pretty much. Couldn't be happier
Westville
Arachnida

Ace of Spades
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:35 pm

Even better you can get an old pent 4 to play median on and it will run even better. D2 just runs better on older machines because between the modern hardware and OS (compatability mode means "Your old program will run.........like crap"

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: