Not exactly sure...

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Not exactly sure...

Post by Jstylish on Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:05 pm

So I'm currently at the wall at the moment and not exactly sure what I can do or where should I start farming in Destruction for SU's. Right now, I'm playing as a Poison / Ice Sorceress (w/ Poison Set, +4 Skill Rare Ammy, +1 Skill Rings, Crafted Sacred Boots) with a quite a bit of charms from Destruction already:

• Butcher's Tooth
  • Scroll of Kings
  • Horazon's Focus
  • Optical Detector
  • Legacy of Blood
  • Moon of the Spider
  • Sacred Worldstone Key
  • Crystalline Flame Medallion + Upgrade
  • Idol of Vanity
  • Visions of Akarat + Trophy
  • Six Angel Bag
  • Azmodan's Heart + Trophy
  • Laser Focus Crystal
  • Sunstone of the Gods
  • Hammer of the Taan Judges
  • Zakarum's Ear
  • Cycles

I have plans to do the others later, but I kind of just want to focus on updating my gear if I could. Is there any particular spot that I can focus on for farming SU's? I heard Duncraig is a pretty good spot, but I'm not too good with dealing with large waves of Poison Immunes + Barrels. I also heard that TA is a viable spot, but I haven't had much luck there~ basically I'm asking for more areas to run rather than just TA and K3K at my character's current capabilities.

Thanks for any feedback that may or may not come my way <3

Jstylish
Returned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Not exactly sure...

Post by RollsRoyce on Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:55 pm

K3k and Tran are your spots Very Happy ...also it seems you can farm triune so this might also be a good spot, or if you are really bored try to farm some sewers runes ( there are some decent rws to try)

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by arcology on Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:56 pm

Unless you're done getting cycles you could keep doing Triune, also Yshari Sanctum, Act 3 Sewers, all of these places have good SU drops and you can farm while doing other objectives. If you don't have the TA trophy yet I'd recommend farming that too.
Kill two birds with one stone.

arcology
Onyx Knight

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanielWolf on Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:03 pm

Yup, Rolls is right man. K3K and TA are the best spots til you can handle Dunc. Also, Dest Diablo and Chaos Sanc are aways good bets for farming. It's a fast run with a decent merc backing you up.

DanielWolf
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cowking on Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:07 pm

... however, nothing beats dunc.

Doesn't shatter the flesh handle your immunity problem? The only poison immune in dunc is the "shaman" poison bomb thrower.

You could also build around a good on-death proc to handle immunities (like fire cannonade from SU hunter's bow).

What uberskill are you using?

cowking
Clawstorm Terror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jstylish on Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:42 pm

@arcology wrote:Unless you're done getting cycles you could keep doing Triune, also Yshari Sanctum, Act 3 Sewers, all of these places have good SU drops and you can farm while doing other objectives. If you don't have the TA trophy yet I'd recommend farming that too.
Kill two birds with one stone.

I've thought about doing Yshari Sanctum, just had a small doubt in my mind that it might be a little bit too scary for me at the moment~ but I'll give it a shot. Also yes, I haven't gotten the TA Trophy yet, so that's why I'm continuing on that run till it drops.

@cowking wrote:... however, nothing beats dunc.

Doesn't shatter the flesh handle your immunity problem? The only poison immune in dunc is the "shaman" poison bomb thrower.

You could also build around a good on-death proc to handle immunities (like fire cannonade from SU hunter's bow).

What uberskill are you using?

*facepalm* I completely forgot about Shatter the Flesh, I've been using Abyss and Frigid Sphere for Duncraig @.@ I guess that would be one of the small problems on why I'm having trouble in Duncraig. Sad I'm also using Witch Blood at the moment, I sometimes respec and switch to Chronofield when I feel unlucky on surviving.

Jstylish
Returned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tencanek on Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:16 pm

Abyss is better for handling poison immuns, btw chronofield beats witchblood in any possible way imho. K3K is great suggestion since oneshooting totems isnt anything unusual with full psn sorc set. I suggest marking chrono as left mouse button, then leonardo as key1, abyss key 2, ice ementals key 3 and jitan gate key 4. Also this build is also among the best troja farmers, heroic killers - especially belial, cow king(i suggest to respec to light tree for thunderstone tho).
For even more protection, you should also incorporate lighting arena into your wast skill arsenal.

P.S.: Dont afraid to socket lum runes everywhere.

tencanek
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aknazer on Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:07 pm

@tencanek wrote:Abyss is better for handling poison immuns, btw chronofield beats witchblood in any possible way imho. K3K is great suggestion since oneshooting totems isnt anything unusual with full psn sorc set. I suggest marking chrono as left mouse button, then leonardo as key1, abyss key 2, ice ementals key 3 and jitan gate key 4. Also this build is also among the best troja farmers, heroic killers - especially belial, cow king(i suggest to respec to light tree for thunderstone tho).
For even more protection, you should also incorporate lighting arena into your wast skill arsenal.

P.S.: Dont afraid to socket lum runes everywhere.

How does chronofield beat witchblood for increasing your damage?

aknazer
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jstylish on Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:22 am

I'm not exactly sure how to deal with Belial, I've tried a few times already and I somehow continue to struggle xD

Jstylish
Returned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aknazer on Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:50 am

@Jstylish wrote:I'm not exactly sure how to deal with Belial, I've tried a few times already and I somehow continue to struggle xD

I found him to be more of a suicide boss. Keep him away from your TP and chug potions+symbols (the potions remove poison which can be useful depending on the timing of their use) while continuing to attack him. Occasionally you want to escape from him and kill the henchmen that way if you die the area isn't flooded with them. An easy way to do this is to pull belial away from the entrance, TP, and then take the WP and run back to the zone.

Of course I did this as melee, so a ranged character should stand a better chance at surviving.

aknazer
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum