Bear Stance Barb?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bear Stance Barb?

Post by PeadyJ on Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:01 am

EDIT UPDATE:

Hey All! Just after a bit more information if i may ask for it.
I now have full Gathering of the Tribes barb 2H set and loving it.  MO'd to 350% ed then JAH'd in both wep and armour.
With Spirit Guide, Runemaster and Bear stance i'm pushing 2.2m def and 10k life.
I have no problem at all clearing TA and K3K within 10-15 min in destruction.
I'm just wondering what my next step should be armour/wep wise?
I'm looking for a high DMG wep and high def armour. Would like an SU opinion, SSSU opinion and maybe a craft opinion too (With what shrines and what skills to aim for).

Thank you so much for your time guys! I read a lot of documentation but it's all so hard to comprehend with Pro'c and oSkills. I just need a breakdown of exactly what armour and stuff to aim for until i get a better grasp of Median.

Hello all,

I am quite new..ish to Median.
I've been playing about 2 weeks now and have a level 120 crossbow necro  and 115 bowazon.
Both of which i cannot gear up properly as they are both too weak to get Sacred and set items from ubers.

Someone i spoke to ingame told me that a bear stance barb should be able to get some sacred and set gear from ubers with just T6 gear.

Can anyone else give me some tips on how i can achieve this?

I was told

Max Wolves
Max Runemaster
Max some hp skill???
Max Bear Stance

and put JAH runes in all my gear.
Thats about all i've been told. Does anyone else have any more advise? Stat placement? Other skill placement?
Gear? MO's? Please help, i just need ANY character that can do K3000 or TA Dest with T6 gear so i can gear other characters.

Regards.

Last edited by PeadyJ on Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:33 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Asking for more updated infomation)

PeadyJ
Skull Ape

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bear Stance Barb?

Post by Homm on Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:24 am

http://www.medianxl.com/t1026-v6e-the-godbarian
Everything and more of what a begginer needs to know about the melee barb who can do almost everything. Just use Bear Stance if you want though. I understood that it is maybe a bit outdated as i haven't farm on a 120 character for a while, i am just snooping around making new toonz. Anyway you can still find a lot of info.

Homm
Ancient Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aknazer on Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:33 am

At lvl120 you should be using the lvl100 RWs over T6 uniques unless the uniques specifically enhance your build in a way that the RWs don't.

aknazer
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Homm on Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:36 am

Depends, some TU's are just very good. You could use Deadfall on a lot of char forever

Homm
Ancient Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeadyJ on Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:45 am

Correct me if i'm wrong Aknazer but from what I've heard runemaster get's defence for ever rune that's in each piece of gear (Eg. 6x JAH in body). If i was using rune words it would only have 1 rune per gear yeah?

PeadyJ
Skull Ape

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:22 am

IMEHO if you are using Bear Stance and Spirit guide then Runemaster just isn't needed, since you can easily get 5% chance to be hit with just those two skills and halfway decent gear (the TU Valasaka is the shit early to mid game) use Nephelim Weapons instead. Plus remember to shower of rocks everything. Reducing an enemy's AR by 50% is a pretty big deal. And that can be acbieved with a single point in SoR.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aknazer on Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:32 am

@PeadyJ wrote:Correct me if i'm wrong Aknazer but from what I've heard runemaster get's defence for ever rune that's in each piece of gear (Eg. 6x JAH in body). If i was using rune words it would only have 1 rune per gear yeah?

You would be correct, but you also have to look at everything else. TUs are generally weaker than the RWs unless you're after a specific bonus from a TU. So you give up more powerful items in order to get more defense, but do you really need that defense and what is it doing to your offense? Use the RWs, pick a different uber, and see how you do. I'm willing to bet that so long as you pick proper RWs (put them into sacred items you find in Terror, and realize that a "lesser" sacred item is often better than the best tiered item in regards to base stats) for your setup that you will do better.

aknazer
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeadyJ on Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:48 am

Thank you so much for your advise. That make a lot of sense! I will try it out Smile

PeadyJ
Skull Ape

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeadyJ on Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:31 am

EDIT UPDATE:

Hey All! Just after a bit more information if i may ask for it.
I now have full Gathering of the Tribes barb 2H set and loving it.  MO'd to 350% ed then JAH'd in both wep and armour.
With Spirit Guide, Runemaster and Bear stance i'm pushing 2.2m def and 10k life.
I have no problem at all clearing TA and K3K within 10-15 min in destruction.
I'm just wondering what my next step should be armour/wep wise?
I'm looking for a high DMG wep and high def armour. Would like an SU opinion, SSSU opinion and maybe a craft opinion too (With what shrines and what skills to aim for).

Thank you so much for your time guys! I read a lot of documentation but it's all so hard to comprehend with Pro'c and oSkills. I just need a breakdown of exactly what armour and stuff to aim for until i get a better grasp of Median.

Last edited by PeadyJ on Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Asking for more updated infomation)

PeadyJ
Skull Ape

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:50 am

you don't need that much defense. 1m is more than enough, usually. but you do need more life. a lot more. consider investing more stats in vitality. vitality runes. one of the best SU weapons for barbarian is Yaggai's Sagaris.

try to see if you can farm fauz or duncraig.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum