SC teams! PRIZE POLL ADDED!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What prizes do you like? (You don't have to commit to challenge)

0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
100% 100% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 6

SC teams! PRIZE POLL ADDED!

Post by Will on Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:09 am

Update it appears I have 2-3 teams signed up so far. No its not a speed race though, thats for Zart etc. thread (Gave u a plug big guy Very Happy).

BUT I can offer prizes being that august is a high $ month for me.

So Need to Poll you guys

Would it help your participation and motivation to have high TG amount (1500 New TG for best team for example)

OR

A Real life item shipped to you! I'm thinking gift cards that are globally sound. Maybe iTunes, Maybe a game store, hobby shop OR Amazon or Ebay.com/Paypal.com

Amounts would be like ($50,30,10). You could even PICK from assortment of gift cards!

As the patch draws nearer and I continue to sign up more and more interested people for this brainstorm I had (based on Pat/sino/westy's team idea)
(Marco may I call this official?)
I propose a 3 man team contest. I originally had a 1 way ez way to judge but now that i forgot that I'm thinking we, the community either judge on:

3-4 categories:

A- Item-point scale where the amount of SSSU's (just using sssu as ex) or specific GR'S/trophies your team owns is added together with diff weights on items (i can make scale with help for whoever volunteers)
1/3 or 1/4 equally weighted factors. (maybe 2/4)
PVP---i dont know how new patch will shake out so this piece is pending moreso than the rest but its damn fun so keeping here for now.
C-LEAST amount of tg used / Most donated (I don't think people esp admin will go along with 1st 2without 2nd so I added 2nd part). as for most donated there will be a per person cap so that someone "doesn't buy the category"
D-I'm thinking of some category when time playing isn't a factor but attitude/kindness is. Perhaps we can have staff or as a whole select people for this job. those who tcowed lots, made many OPEN games
TIEBREAKER (OPTIONAL) D- (I'm thinking no for D) HC toons to 120 (maybe as tiebreaker?)

OR:
B- community vote of most improved and skilled during ladder.

(P.S. not using for idea 1 " 1st to X ", this is kinda a once 1 person does all can thing but above makes up for it
I have 3 teams interested so far, 2 possibilities for me. and 2 maybe teams i'm trying to get together.
Furthermore, if you and a friend want to do as 2man we can hook you up with someone I am sure. (NOTE* because i want this to be social and fun etc. no 1 man teams!)

I asked pat and he seems game for it Very Happy. I had a great way of judging the "winners of contest" but can't remember 1 of them. I also think we should
A-Make it official and open to any 3 man team or people who want to do this but need pardners. I'll post thread now been getting word out lately via ingame / pms/games but now time for next move.

I figure 2 ways to reward teams:
A- Semi-official each puts in a little tg (each team SOFAR has 2 members + with tg) like a pot, or
(since almost no one donates) more realistically:
Official: Marco or someone supplies reward or badges or small tg amount to winners Very Happy.
B-winners make own contest just for kicks and do sort of head to head contest. esp if done this wayPVP may also be in equation esp with new patch and pvp.
This would be the unofficial way of doing it.

Purpose and benefits?

Purpose:
A-To raise awareness interest and player number (as well as staying power) of players in patch
B-FUN!
C-Do something different than the same old sorts of contests and threads that I enjoy.

Finally:
-> This would be optional and I'm thinking if a team wants to form after patch begins so long as its marked so be it.
----->while i appreciate suggestions, with the ladder seemingly coming fast & furious, I'm not looking for more ideas as I have others with ideas helping already. if you'd like to sign up, or Marco if you like the idea post! if you have 1 (yes I said 1, because if there's obvious flaws in the brainstorm session we had someone else will point out heh) suggestion or improvment I'll try to consider it.

Lastly I will run this unofficially with certain folks regardless. pm *will if unoffical or not forum-based here.

Last edited by Will on Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:08 am; edited 2 times in total

Will
Talic

Mr. Generosity/Former Forumer & Freak :)
TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://medianxl.net

Back to top Go down

Re: SC teams! PRIZE POLL ADDED!

Post by Will on Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:40 am

Gonna add prizes either in TG

Or

some other form of non in-game currency (since its not a tg transaction then Very Happy). Like gift card to paypal eBay amazon

Will
Talic

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Re: SC teams! PRIZE POLL ADDED!

Post by Will on Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:54 am

Glad I got some time to prep the team! (Latest *Patch+reset* estimates vary from 3 O'clock to 3 minutes till doomsday clock (Nvm reference).

Thanks for votes too!

Will
Talic

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum