How median DIDN`T ruin LoD <--------- Insert smart title here cuz I suck at this stuff

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How median DIDN`T ruin LoD <--------- Insert smart title here cuz I suck at this stuff

Post by Laurel Wreath on Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:26 pm

I`m not thrashing the game, I love it, but it just stopped focusing on those tiny details that made Diablo what it was

So long story short, one day I was like, hey ... how about some Good Ol` Classic LoD, and then I realized, how this game made obsolete allot of extremely important things in D2. So here`s the BIG list

Resitances: In median resists are obsolete. Huh? Resists? I have those? Everybody gets 95% resists way to easy. 5% Max from Amulet Lottery, 5% Azmodan, 5% Kabraxis Charm, and a Pgem, armor here and there. Not to mention the 10% Absorb from Judj Day Trophy. And then there`s the flat resits which you get from basically 50% of the charms. So yeah, nobody checks gear for resists, you don`t wear "that item" because it has @Res (remember CoH?). The only use of resists is when you do a particular Uber and u stack on a certain resist ( psn when doing Brach) . But that`s way to easy. Perf gems to the rescue. In conclusion, I doubt anybody EVER worries about resists ... ever.

Stats: Quien? Que? Porque? Same as resists. In D2 you pretty much had to ballance them. Or at least focus on particular items to get the best out of stats.They used to be fun but then the char reset ruined id. Unfortunately in LoD that 'particular' was way to extreme since it pretty much forced you to wear the same items ( Raven Frost anyone?). So there`s 500 Stats which you give on every new character to ease up ... everything.. 42343843297 Stats from charms. And after gathering a few charms it goes like this no matter the gear: Amazon Assassin @ into Dex. Barb, Necro, Druid @ into Str. Sorc @ Mana. So yeah. Stats could just be removed from the game and as a persequite . from items and nobody would feel a difference.

Breakpoints: Except for Deadly Strike which is incredibly rare in Median and in very rare cases where you need more FCR (we have runes for that anyways), all the other mods are again ... obsolete. Everybody gets 100% Crushing Blow, 100% Open Wounds, everybody runs / walks faster than they need to (let`s not even start with Stamina), Cannot be frozen from Inarius, 75% or 95% Psn reduce, don`t even know the cap here, but who`s counting? Max Slow target, Ignore Target Defense is way to common. Oh did I forget the 50% Dmg reduce for everyone? Again, D2 ruined everything cuz u only have 1 option combo to make a char playable. You know, Faith, Forti, 45 Ias Helm, Cat`s Eye, 20 IAS gloves, Nosferatu. Or you`r bowazon is usless.

Life and Mana Mana can be removed from Median as you always have way too much, and life can be left at a max of 1HP. You`re either instakilled most of the times, or not.

Items For the runewords. It was indeed cool to find that 15Ed 3AR 4Sox GMB. Here having a perfect socketed item for runewords = how much patience you have. Oils and Jewel Socketing should be removed completely. So again, no fun. And since you can get 100 PGMS in ... 10 minutes, runewords are always perfect or with very good stats. Unless u want Natasha and now you`ve spent 2 days killing color balls to get a pretty much worthless armor with shit stats.

Runes? Worthless. Fauzt runes are common, so is Krys, so is Auhe. But if you have a good Toraja farmer, all runes and not-so-great runes are worth a mana potion.

Sets, are either the best option or the worst option.Either way you can get them really easy. And the incomplete set bonus is worthless in Median. So they always stick to their class-specific owner. (don`t sell me that Witchunter`s Hood crap).

And there`s OFC uniques. Which ... well, SSSU, and who cares if other items exist. But wait, here comes the SSSSU generation. Panthera`s Bite, now with 1000% MF (not that you actually need MF anymore when you have panthera`s bite), and let`s add 100% chance to cast Decrepify on striking.) So yeah, Overpowered SSSU`s so you can get even MOAR OP SSSU`s with perfect stats. Don`t forget to add UltraUltraUltraUltraUltraUltra.

And I saved the best for last. if you can`t bring Superbeast to the character, bring the character to Superbeast. All you need is one paladin, with supermaxed rapture, tainted blood, stormlord, minions, dmg reduce etc and 1 primary class skill COTW. See how you can cascade / retaliate / overkill / crucify / (lucky for us not pounce) / barrage / fairy ring / ricochet / whichwind / maelstrom / stormblast ALL while having a Wolf Stance through all the enemies with the speed of light. Best part is, you`ll be doing Fauzt so fast you`ll get even more COTW`s.  And if you love your character, that OK! Hope you`ll forget about the amazon`s blonde hair for her new Treewarden like features. There, now you can pounce.

So yeah, now you can spend the rest of your boring life killing uldyssian memories to get that not so great Trophy, try hopelessly to kill marcoNecroX, and hope Secret Chrysaor will not summon 10 statues per second.

Last edited by Laurel Wreath on Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Laurel Wreath
Heretic

It's ruined!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How median DIDN`T ruin LoD <--------- Insert smart title here cuz I suck at this stuff

Post by MarcoNecroX on Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:55 pm

The thread title is completely ridiculous.

Now, going into the details.

@Resis: it's funny how you try to point out how "noone cares about gearing up res", yet you assume every character has a lotteried amulet (while rares can't get lotteried and are extremely common), a perfect Kabraxis charm, the Jday trophy, on ALL your characters. Have you considered not duping?

@Stats: it's amusing because stats in clod are way too fucked up. Dump all vit, gg. As for Median: YOU are playing cookie cutter characters that are viable by dumping all stats into [x]. I have posted a few guides, one of them being Missingno Paladin which is an hybrid who greatly benefits from str [wdm], requires some dex [ar], energy [spelldmg] and why not, vit [hp] is always an useful stat. Getting max sigs, and all the stats from charms requires a fair amount of dedication. Then again - have you considered playing untwinked?

@Breakpoints: not sure if an actual argument, looks too messy. The only thing I got from it is that chars have too much stamina, which indeed sounds overpowered and broken (and breaks a clearly fun aspect of clod, for sure). For the rest (100% CB, free 50%DR, psn reduc which you obviously don't know the cap, 100% OW) I honestly have no comments because I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic.

@Life and Mana: mana is an issue indeed that I'll try to fix - as for life, what you just said is retarded. You make a whole post mentioning how you get so much res, absorb, dr, def, blabla and somehow manage to contradict yourself that the game is all about instakills.

@Items: your first paragraph is already a contradiction. You want runewords to require grinding and then you bash the concept of natasha RW which is pretty much about exactly that.

@Sets: sets are transitionary items. They are not supposed to be the best. Saying they are the "best option" or the "worst option" is extremely wrong and random. Again not sure if you really thought about it before writing it.

@Uniques: next duper argument please, I'm waiting eagerly.

@Superbeast: you just made me regret writing this entire post. Sir, you've made me facepalm.

Edit: to resume, yes, MXL allows you to make godlike characters. But assuming all characters are godlike is dumb. Making such characters (specially if we use the CotW arguments) takes a lot of time and is usually (everytime) not worth the effort. But you have the possibility, if you want to, that's what MXL is about, possibilities. If you're going to point out how this could be wrong please make sure you do not dupe (including SP trading) because that pretty much counters the entire argument. "Hey my char is OP - but I got all my items dropped from the sky in a few minutes!", no shit.

Last edited by MarcoNecroX on Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How median DIDN`T ruin LoD <--------- Insert smart title here cuz I suck at this stuff

Post by archon256 on Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:00 pm

Are COTWs really that common on realm?  Thinking 

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by void on Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:05 pm

@Laurel Wreath wrote:And if you love your character, that OK! Hope you`ll forget about the amazon`s blonde hair for her new Treewarden like features. There, now you can pounce.
This game is about as much about character models as is chess about the particular shape of its pieces.
I find it funny that you complain about all the things that I like the most about this mod. Easy customization options, faster pace gameplay... a different game. That's why people make mods. Smile 

To say something constructive though: It's not like you have to commit to Median all the time. Just the other day I tried a different mod. And it was pretty good. But I really missed the faster run/walk speed. Maybe you should give cLoD another try again and report back if your mind has changed.

void
Prince Albrecht

Cool Font Guy
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:09 pm

The funny part of the thread is that the OP is so busy going through all the enemies at the speed of light that he didn't realise his retaliate CotW has a 2 sec timer.

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redicomerade on Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:09 am

Of course we all love classic LOD, we all started from that game.
But sincerely, i had few "comeback"s to LOD after years, it was fun, great time, BUT its really not so good vs median. Median is just PERFECT Very Happy and its still going forward, im waiting to new patch Very Happy
Median have better equipment, better variety of it, better sets, better crafts, better skills and builds, more of them than LOD, better endgame= many many places to farming, and reasons to farming- many uber bosses, and charms that you want do get.

Its just better game. But i understand theres many opinions, like theres many different people, who like different things.

redicomerade
Shock Stinger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mahitovec on Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:42 am

clod is just shit. amazing balance, bots, dupes, 5x5 inventory, very useful cube recipes and whats the most important, INSANE endgame. what would you choose, bring in public bot game, run andy meph or open kurast chests? hmm
i didn't read whole wall of shit, but at some point he's right, median completely kills clod's slow and dark atmosphere but it gives way too much more back, so its hard to call clod even game after playing mxl. im still playing clod almost every ladder reset for 10 hours, but after that i become mad that i've wasted my time on this garbage.

mahitovec
Shadowgate Totem

TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://www.twitch.tv/d0sm0t

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:49 am

CLoD is OK. I prefer non LOD -d2.

As for original post...I can't comment.

As far as "reading goes" how can marco even respond?
I read had my eyes bleed over too many misspellings horrid sentences and 3rd grade book reports. unreadable/shit/garbage.

Critique or even troll topics are generally so much more refined.

Will
Talic

Mr. Generosity/Former Forumer & Freak :)
TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://medianxl.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:12 am

I didn't even read the OP. I remember when the realm was hosted in Bulgaria. The original server was cLoD with some slight tweaks, bots, even immortal mod was legal to use (unless in PvP *rolleyes*). I had few friends there to whom I suggested MXL. Now you can imagine the frustration of not being able to use multires, immortal mod and bots to farm for you. 8 out of 10  decided to quit cause  they couldnt wrap their minds around the idea that MXL is based on PvE (pvm). MXL challenges you to use your brain, to read a little and not stand in the fire (common saying in WoW). TBH even D3 is just lazy excuse of a game from a billion dollar company. And when people say that Eastern Sun and cLod are better than MXL is just ... you can't decide whether to crack their skulls or laugh at their faces.

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mahitovec on Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:44 am

EASTERN SUN AHDHADUAMASL:DFAHBFNLAKMFA

mahitovec
Shadowgate Totem

TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://www.twitch.tv/d0sm0t

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum