How median DIDN`T ruin LoD <--------- Insert smart title here cuz I suck at this stuff

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: How median DIDN`T ruin LoD <--------- Insert smart title here cuz I suck at this stuff

Post by Laurel Wreath on Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:19 pm

Oh what the hell, ok Marco.

Stats: The point wasn`t who puts points where.(I do suck at explaining, but here I am, trying) Again, charms have so many stats, that 99% gear requirement is ignored. Remember Enigma? I wonder why people didn`t just use Sacred Armors? I mean when did you ever see someone making a Natasha RW in anything else than a Sacred Ancient Armor cuz they needed their str points for something else? Nope. Because strength requirement isn`t a problem for anyone. You know, Sorcs didn`t upgrade Magefists to Crusader Gauntlets cuz hey, 151 str WAS a problem for a sorc. I`m not going to start the whole what charm adds how many stats, but I think we both know from the moment people get Silver Seal of Ureh + Cold Fusion Schematics nobody gives a flying duck about a 666 Str Natasha. I mean getting a bit of help from the beginning, 10 from butcher, etc is really nice. But 25 from Horazon, 25 Akarat, 10% Zakarum Ear, 20% Scroll of Kings, 20% Lvl Challenge is too much. So yeah, LoD was all about adding as much as you can afford into Vita. But, you`d have to do stuff such a gear check, collect small charms with str, and rely and 2 pathetic end-game charms for that and it was still most of the times not enough to put all the points. All in all, people did pay a close attention to their gear str requirement, thing which is ignored in median. Only time I remember not having enough was with the Tracket Set Aspis`s high str req. But again, from the moment you get Silver Seal and Cold Fusion you can just forget about how heavy end game gloves are for your puny lil` sorceress hands.

Laurel Wreath
Heretic

It's ruined!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How median DIDN`T ruin LoD <--------- Insert smart title here cuz I suck at this stuff

Post by MarcoNecroX on Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:20 pm

@MarcoNecroX wrote:jewels and charms are the most imbalanced items, gear is all in all fine.

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:29 pm

2 cookies for a ramble? consider yourself lucky esp coming from a rambler.

Will
Talic

Mr. Generosity/Former Forumer & Freak :)
TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://medianxl.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:30 pm

Don't think it was ramble, probably just a brainfart. Can happen to the best of us.

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aknazer on Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:34 pm

@Laurel Wreath wrote:Oh what the hell, ok Marco.

Stats: The point wasn`t who puts points where.(I do suck at explaining, but here I am, trying) Again, charms have so many stats, that 99% gear requirement is ignored. Remember Enigma? I wonder why people didn`t just use Sacred Armors? I mean when did you ever see someone making a Natasha RW in anything else than a Sacred Ancient Armor cuz they needed their str points for something else? Nope. Because strength requirement isn`t a problem for anyone. You know, Sorcs didn`t upgrade Magefists to Crusader Gauntlets cuz hey, 151 str WAS a problem for a sorc. I`m not going to start the whole what charm adds how many stats, but I think we both know from the moment people get Silver Seal of Ureh + Cold Fusion Schematics nobody gives a flying duck about a 666 Str Natasha. I mean getting a bit of help from the beginning, 10 from butcher, etc is really nice. But 25 from Horazon, 25 Akarat, 10% Zakarum Ear, 20% Scroll of Kings, 20% Lvl Challenge is too much. So yeah, LoD was all about adding as much as you can afford into Vita. But, you`d have to do stuff such a gear check, collect small charms with str, and rely and 2 pathetic end-game charms for that and it was still most of the times not enough to put all the points. All in all, people did pay a close attention to their gear str requirement, thing which is ignored in median. Only time I remember not having enough was with the Tracket Set Aspis`s high str req. But again, from the moment you get Silver Seal and Cold Fusion you can just forget about how heavy end game gloves are for your puny lil` sorceress hands.

I play a sorceress. I cared about the STR reqs of my gear for ages. By the time I could get CFS and Silver Seal I was well into the endgame. And even with both I still have +171 str on top of my base 10. And this only gets me up to 628str even with almost every charm in the game. So don't think that stats "don't matter" because they obviously do. Besides, why should only str-based classes get to use all the best gear while everyone else has to make sacrifices to get the best gear?

aknazer
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Laurel Wreath on Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:34 pm

@ MarcoNecroX - saw that after I posted.

@ aknazer - 1. I totally agree. Kabraxis is in fact hard to kill if you`re a Hit-It-With-Your-Orb-Sorc kinda build. But most people are either rainbow chars. Or focus on one specific element to insta-kill.

2.Now all you have to do is spam elementals and cast Lorenado. oh noez!!!  Sad 

3. I have a hunch it`ll be hard to explain statistics to you. But in an ideal world, 5% means 1 out of 20.

4.Ok, then there`s places like Brach, which you never have to do more than 7 times. If you want charm for each char and both Deity Bow and B-Laz upgrade. And Quov-Tsin who with the proper-crap gear heals the poison damage he makes. I covered that in the first post, and these are particular cases that are done a couple of times and you`re done. Unless you always get GZ Quov-Tsin drops.

Laurel Wreath
Heretic

It's ruined!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Laurel Wreath on Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:38 pm

@ aknazer: again ...

ok, I`m starting to think that you can`t kill Kabraxis because your sorc is using a Griswold Revenge based build ...

Laurel Wreath
Heretic

It's ruined!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:39 pm

I suggest playing LOD or (imo) d1 instead depending on your tastes.

Is that ok?

Btw shouldn't title be post-count whore? If you're a girl then that's sexist in society so maybe speedracer of postcounts?

I understand you said its ruined but not sure thats much of a title (Was that you Greg? lul)

Ed:
Port authority (album) wrote:Can happen to the best of us.

Scratch 

If by best you mean most posts in a thread how about me!!!!! lmao. I'm really kidding around though. I just found it real funny. then the 2xpost with 1 sentence  Cheers! Cheers! Cheers! Cheers! 

Hip Hip HOORAY!

Last edited by Will on Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Will
Talic

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by Laurel Wreath on Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:45 pm

@Will wrote:I suggest playing LOD or (imo) d1 instead depending on your tastes.

Is that ok?

You people really don`t get it , do you? I love the game, I`ve been playing it for years now, I`m just pointing out some flaws ... because I care about it ...

Anyways, would appreciate no more akanazer logic. And I beg of you, enough with the fooking cookies! I`m not a 1st grader getting gold stars and black dots. I didn`t give a fuck back then, and I definitely don`t give one now

Laurel Wreath
Heretic

It's ruined!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:47 pm

Then why did you complain over negatives and not postives? You MIGHT replace me as the king of Oddballs! (But sorry I keep Generosity Razz)

Oh and I know you can read so just a heads up:

Thread title= "How median ruined LoD"

If it's changed you actually can edit it! Very Happy (In case you actually don't understand the logic.  Hitting a Wall )

Last edited by Will on Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Will
Talic

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum