No idea how to improve my scythe necro

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No idea how to improve my scythe necro

Post by spanky976 on Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:06 am

Topic says it all. I'm on destruction difficulty with my class charm (ennead and all level challenges +witch mini-challenge) the sunstone of elements, fools gold, tal rasha's charm, and butcher's tooth.

I have Rathma's helm and belt. Crafted gloves, shitty stats on them tbh but I ran out of shrines to re-roll with. Megalith boots (Ath runeword), Seed of Destruction Scythe (Lai runeword), a rare amulet with lucky upgrade that has +4 to skills with some other decent stats. Ring of Truth and Xorine's ring.

For skills I sMaxed Death armor, parasite, famine, dragonfire, and Death ward. about 12 points in Angel of Death, and the rest in Embalming (which I heard is bad but I already die so fast that losing that extra life scares me unless you can assure me that another option will help immensely).

I have about 120 dex just for the attack rating, and the rest is in strength.

I can clear the normal zones for Destruction so far (on Act 3) but almost ALL uberquests are out of my reach and a lot of times a random mob will fuck my day up. Any ideas on how to improve my character? Do I really just need to get to the end of destruction to have the tools I need to do so (zones, uberquests, etc.).

Thanks for any advice given.

spanky976
Asatruar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No idea how to improve my scythe necro

Post by Str0b3l on Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:56 am

easiest way would be getting charms by respec to xbow or totem, would allow you to get alot charms and than mb go back to scyth

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:52 am

Sur scythe
Nih armor
Crafted whirlpool boots
Tu6 Heavy Belt

on switch 12 nec skills staff for prebuff ( or vizharan + hounfour 4 nec rar)

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:43 pm

on my melee necro i put points into talon's hold to get 30% slow target (i use rathma's scythe, which gives another 20%).
That may help with crowd control since parasite hits everything. But that's at the expense of points into angel of death (which i was under the impression is a 1 point wonder anyways), dragonfire oil, and embalming (i still have points in dragonfire oil and embalming, but they're not maxed)

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by spanky976 on Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:30 am

@RollsRoyce wrote:Sur scythe
Nih armor
Crafted whirlpool boots
Tu6 Heavy Belt

on switch 12 nec skills staff for prebuff ( or vizharan + hounfour 4 nec rar)

Why specifically the Sur scythe? What does it bring to the table (if it's the procs, please explain the tremor one, I know what crucify is, but not the other)?
I tried your suggestion and the rathma's suggestion and while I do more damage I still die in essentially one hit. I get about 2 screens worth of space outside of Harrogath and die in such a way that my body is unrecoverable. I slaughter things for a few brief seconds but then as soon as a ghost phoenix or Thunderfury (or whatever the lightning harpies are called) comes into play I die. I have 75 in all resistances, and 77 in fire & poison, but I can't take a single hit from the lightning harpies. I can take a couple from the ghost phoenix but they start smacking me around while exploding fire everywhere and I end up dying.

I also tried the highest necro scythe runeword. I kill things faster but I still die just as fast. Occasionally having my ass saved by a fire elemental.

spanky976
Asatruar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:46 am

realm or single player ?

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:52 am

Sounds like SP.

A- not many (maybe 4 if that) points needed in AoD (angel of death).

AND DEFINITELY 20-30 targets maximum depending on where you farm. Yes it bounces but you don't need 60 bounces Wink

To be honest because of MO space and double MO luck orb I would go with Lem RW bone splitter sac. Otherwise RR right on the money.

Also I prefer Nih Boots but just me Very Happy

Will
Talic

Mr. Generosity/Former Forumer & Freak :)
TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://medianxl.net

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:01 pm

this is the weapon of my choice ...tremor is like clod static field but with magic dmg

also i am going with max embalming and only 1 point in dragonfire oil

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by void on Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:10 pm

@spanky976 wrote:Embalming (which I heard is bad but I already die so fast that losing that extra life scares me unless you can assure me that another option will help immensely)
Who told you that Embalming is a bad skill? That's not true. It's a good idea to aim for at least 8k life.

I can highly recommend to get all the easy uber charms before looking to improve your gear.
Death Projector, Infernal Machine and Creature of Flame can all be done by using Angel of Death once.
If you're struggling with attack rating, Athulua's Oracle unique amulet together with your Xorine's ring can be a good choice.

After that, Tran Athulua is a good spot to start farming. If you don't have a good switch weapon, you might want to try Rha in swords together with Sacrifices for the Necrobot reanimate.

void
Prince Albrecht

Cool Font Guy
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:59 pm

def smax embalming.... prob over anything. Also I personally prefer Deathlord as my last option.... as for df oil its all or nothing as rolls subtly points out.

Also, for life I'd go so far as to recommend couple shadow pts if u need life. ESPECIALLY with Vizjarhen (spelling?). because TB only gets > with more life (tb=tainted blood).

Sur gen the used one but the other arguably better to some (For attack-mode) if you know how and when to attack is:

50% Chance to cast level 5 Earthquake on Attack
+(201 to 250)% Enhanced damage
15% Faster Run/Walk
Adds 250-750 fire damage
Adds 250-750 lightning damage
Adds 250-750 cold damage
(21 to 25)% Chance of Crushing Blow
Damage Reduction Decreased by -25%
-2 to Light Radius

I remember people teaching me about it and being the noob I was being deathly afraid of the pays dmg reduction decrease. But its not hard to get DR as a necro frankly. And with all that defense you really should be fine Very Happy

Obviously 50 pct EQ on atk is the main draw.

Will
Talic

Mr. Generosity/Former Forumer & Freak :)
TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://medianxl.net

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum