What kind of assa's are less used? (Skills/builds/items)

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What kind of assa's are less used? (Skills/builds/items)

Post by Will on Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:37 am

HERE IS MY 3 In 1 BASIC QUESTION (followed by my own observations if it helps you guys):

What sins are less used? (By what sins I mean builds)

What Sins are more used?

What Sins are almost never Used?

MY TAKE is based on: asking sins, players of other chars, checking diff sin topics, counting # of guides for every type...

(EDIT: taking my lead from the overmind "archon" I'm going to format the rest of the post so it's readability is maximized)

In my view: Common Builds

#1 Most common=broadside/Nagi (or broadside alone even)

#2 Most Common= Nagi with barrier strike, (SR),(crucify on some boss) built pretty much same way in terms of skill points though 1-2 skill variations (Going by 6 friends who used almost same nagi skills every time each one parallel to other persons) without broadside
(as Arch said: Melee nagi without broadside switch).

#3 is easily ATMG. feel like a real dolt for not stating this earlier.  Embarassed 

Small Build Observations

KATARS seem damn rarely used for non atmgish purposes but could be. Batsins are fun but seem like that character people wanna try until they either hit 120 or the ladder resets. Hm.

Enjoyment: My View

My Take: Very fun to play ...And in my honest opinion, as to nagi & ATMG insanely easy to play with small learn curve. so what if squishy???? u got dodge for ubers and kill so fucking fast whats gonna kill ya. plus most incl me invested in vita. If you die a shit ton bc of the harrrrrd ubers like Vizjun assas capable of doing quick, then do with a friend or make tp.

If anything assasins should be viewed as the number 1 class not just for farming items but also for newer players. Get the TU Nagi and start from there. (It's quite a fun item itself!).

Imbalances: My view

Nagis after using even with reg su nagi i found myself, seems so imbalanced (HOWEVER SUPER fun to play) that it's like god-mode. If you add broadside switch.....then kaboom "game-over man game-over"!!! (for your foes!)

Variation: My view

I definitely like the variations of knives to pick, even shields Smile. so that makes a bit different. Hmm. Even what helm to choose for some is diff. Nagis should be more varied, and to be quite honest, have Reg SU Nagi not make instant powerhouse char. (not even saying Sec Nagi).

Thoughts on items (my view)

In my view, the TU Nagi is good enough as-is! maybe make SU for diff kinda nagi builds
(like twin fang or katar hybrid or storm crow hybrid.... Even have OSKILL: ATMG Sentry!, or better yet create new builds with it!).

I.e. non-eth Su Nagi (even without jahs or runes) is less outside the box more imbalanced than it should be. (to some extent true of other builds but not as much)

P.s. no TL:DR summary because each observation is different and certainly a separate category *see below

Last edited by Will on Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:08 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Hope formatting readability is > than before)

Will
Talic

Mr. Generosity/Former Forumer & Freak :)
TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://medianxl.net

Back to top Go down

Re: What kind of assa's are less used? (Skills/builds/items)

Post by archon256 on Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:32 am

I like the idea behind this thread, we could do something similar for all the classes. I'm just going to list the various builds according to the categories you suggested, without commenting about why I think what goes where. If people disagree I can move them around until we get a list that's accepted by the majority.  

Most commonly used 'sin builds

• Throwsin (Maelstrom/Wychwind)
  • Pirategal (Nagi + Broadside on switch)
  • Nagi sin (pure melee)
  • ATMG sin

Less commonly used 'sin builds

• Storm Crows sin
  • Limpet Laser sin/Bombsin/Doom + Singularity sin
  • WW sin
  • Psi sin
  • Twin Fang sin
  • Dual claw sin

Almost never used 'sin builds

• Shunpo sin (possibly more popular?)
  • Shuriken Flurry sin  Mad 
  • Viper sniper Razz

Last edited by archon256 on Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:26 am; edited 1 time in total

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:49 am

Wow. Great stuff! Midnight cookie for you my friend. I did consider 1 for each build on pro's con's and suggestions as well as OF COURSE the basics Smile.

That list really helps. Tbh I think you're spot-on.

A-This isn't a request for movement just that based on comments in pub chat, friend chat and threads I think viper sniper is gaining a bit of ground on Psi and might be more than shunpo. I'll try to notice more Very Happy

B- Is meleenog (my eggnog joke on melee sins) always synonymous with Tiefling? I would hope so in an ideal build... hmm

C-LOL@Shuriken poor poor ninja stars... I can just imagine a ninja star like a snowflake with a sad face..

Will
Talic

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:43 am

A - What, really? I know Bananafeller's Viper Sniper videos were popular, but the build is really really slow (which is sort of the point I guess), even outside of ubers. Whereas with Psi Storm I was able to do a lot of ubers and someone even killed the Startled Witch with her.
I dunno how popular Shunpo is, I know for certain that Pouncesin was in the first category back when it was possible (most popular sin build even) but I don't know how Shunpo compares.

B - Why would melee sins use Tiefling? It disables flat damage from ways. The only melee sins I could see using Tiefling are Twin Fang sins, and in my experience it's brutal to level. When leveling sins actually do gain significant def from gear, which is really needed as a melee character. Not sure how good a Tiefling Twin Fang sin is late game, can someone else elaborate?

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:23 am

Twin fang was my next conversion so I'll let you know results (no not kidding) Smile

Shunpo is not popular. some sins try it, almost all bale on it. My sample isn't a representative one though so psi storm couldve maintained popularity to this day but I still think gaining ground or = hmm.

B- What exactly is a melee-sin? do you simply mean a pirate gal without broadside? Sorry for the misunderstanding. I took it to mean phys dmg only with laser blade hard points or tief hehe.

oh and psi-storm is/always been fast, i just never see it used. hmm

Will
Talic

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:31 am

Oh yeah I meant Pirategal minus the Broadside. Nagi with just phys and laserblade seems like a weird idea to me, but maybe it can work?

Psi Storm was strong before, but now it's even stronger and the build has Tiefling form for even faster casting and the mana cost has been reduced. I think the main problems are low AoE and lack of a good backup skill to use against magic immunes.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanashi on Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:48 am

I have completely transformed my Throwsin from Maelstrom/WW to Storm Crows/WW. Reason was pretty simple: at lvl120, you have better options than the Creed set. Personally using a lucky trial Dead Star RW. Really powerful.

Also, Storm Crows/WW has a faster kill rate when going up against ubers than Maelstrom, even if Maelstrom can be gamed to hit more enemies. SC trigger procs like no tomorrow. Don't know about other's experiences with this build though.

Also, tried an LL-Bombsin with SF as backup. It is a good combination, but I wish SF has the damage output of Psi Storm. I think SF+QoB+PB is the closest an assassin can get to a Lazysin skill-wise.

Nanashi
Daystar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:57 am

Damn two next assas I wanted to try and retry just mentioned lol.
1st being twin fang with odd skill placement (no guide for twin fang is a big plus for me plus haven't see one yet in action Very Happy)
2nd being stromcrows...which keeps getting buffed or nerfed so wanted to see what latest was like Wink

Apologies nanashi for not reading your whole post past 1st sentence but I like to "attempt" originality and if you have good ideas I'd probably be influenced Very Happy

P.s. I noticed in other thread but Nice avatar!

P.P.S. changed original post for both readability and formatting Smile

Will
Talic

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:15 am

@Nanashi wrote:I have completely transformed my Throwsin from Maelstrom/WW to Storm Crows/WW. Reason was pretty simple: at lvl120, you have better options than the Creed set. Personally using a lucky trial Dead Star RW. Really powerful.

Also, Storm Crows/WW has a faster kill rate when going up against ubers than Maelstrom, even if Maelstrom can be gamed to hit more enemies. SC trigger procs like no tomorrow. Don't know about other's experiences with this build though.
Hmm, in which situations do you use Storm Crows over WW?
I guess for bosses?

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aknazer on Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:22 am

Most Used:
1)  Gluttony
2)  Greed
3)  Lust

Least Used:
1)  Sloth
2)  Pride
3)  Envy

Sometimes Used:
1)  Wrath

...We were talking about sins right?