Favorite farming chars?

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Favorite farming chars?

Post by void on Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:37 pm

Let's talk about agriculture.
I was wondering what character builds you guys prefer for finding new gear.
Keep in mind that I don't want to know the best overall build, but rather the build that works best for you in a particular uber.
And to add some spice: Let me know why. Cool

I'll start Smile :

• Tran Athulua: Light/Cold sorceress, using primarily Tempest and Ice Elementals. Tempest has good AoE and Ice Elementals can tank well.
  • Duncraig: Melee necromancer, based on 'Taha' in Raptor Scythe. There are chars that have better killspeed, but I prefer this build due to the high level of safety granted by Angel of Death, good defense and quick leech (10 life on striking from Scythe), which allows for regenerating health even if enemies stun you for a few seconds.
  • K3K/Triune/Sewers: Poison sorc works just fine, but I don't like farming in Kurast. Nope 2
  • Fauztinville/Bremmtown: Java using Wyrd. Java can dive into mobs without getting punished most of the time.
  • Toraja: Max block melee necro, which is probably controversial, because even though it's safe, it's also rather slow. I'm not happy with the solution, but it works.
  • The Void: Phalanx amazon has high killspeed and can break immunities with Spellbind. Wink

I can't wait to learn about your favorite farming builds. Mr. Green's Weed

void
Prince Albrecht

Cool Font Guy
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite farming chars?

Post by archon256 on Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:49 pm

I don't have any farming builds. I just pick a build whose gameplay I like, level it to 120, obtain as many ubercharms as possible, and start a new one.  Laughing 

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pa5call on Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:22 pm

Wut?  Shocked  Negative one for the above?  Eh? I quite like Archon’s approach -> Balancing now  Compress 
On topic: Assassin with automated fire spells/procs and blades is an awesome AFK farmer –guide/showcase to follow once ready for the consequent nerf  Wink

pa5call
Cathedral Drow

TGGood 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:27 pm

If I really had to pick one I'd probably say bow druid with a crapton of arrow procs. They're strong, fast, sturdy and its fun watching arrows fill the screen.

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:57 pm

Melee Necro, Traprat, Bow Druid, Poison Sorceress.

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:26 pm

Everything but duncraig gives me fastest kill and non death speed As unholy melee (I use tons of diff items for variety) for the areas ASIDE from void boss (didn't try) and duncraig.... Bad idea tho with divine it can be done but slowly.

Note: from beginning I've played 80 percent as unholy melee paladins so it may not b for everyone!

Will
Talic

Mr. Generosity/Former Forumer & Freak :)
TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://medianxl.net

Back to top Go down

Post by void on Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:40 pm

@Will wrote:Everything but duncraig gives me fastest kill and non death speed As unholy melee (I use tons of diff items for variety) for the areas ASIDE from void boss (didn't try) and duncraig.... Bad idea tho with divine it can be done but slowly.
That's interesting. I didn't think that unholy melee paladin would be too promising. I tried it in the Sewers and it worked, but not nearly as good as poison sorc or Pounce amazon. Didn't even consider it a candidate for places like Tran Athulua. I'll give it another shot. Cool 
Why do you consider Duncraig a problem area?

void
Prince Albrecht

Cool Font Guy
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:08 pm

@void wrote:
@Will wrote:Everything but duncraig gives me fastest kill and non death speed As unholy melee (I use tons of diff items for variety) for the areas ASIDE from void boss (didn't try) and duncraig.... Bad idea tho with divine it can be done but slowly.
That's interesting. I didn't think that unholy melee paladin would be too promising. I tried it in the Sewers and it worked, but not nearly as good as poison sorc or Pounce amazon. Didn't even consider it a candidate for places like Tran Athulua. I'll give it another shot. Cool 
Why do you consider Duncraig a problem area?

My Unholy Melee farms Tran Athulua without any problems and fairly quickly (~10 min). 11k life, 400k defense, and 44% DR, and divine apparition make surviving there quite straightforward (just dont rush into too many amazons at once).
I haven't tried duncraig with him though (and i'm not sure i want to frankly)

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:19 pm

Well Hymn is kinda the be all and end all that asteroth forgot to mention Wink

Also void what skills and what type of unholy? I assume you used DA for sewers so how did ur pounce go faster.... odd. I found my pounce with more charms slower than less charms (and less fun) than unholy melee.

Dunc kinda ez to explain. Barrels and NEW walls make place NOT "Rapture-ready" (nor friendly) and barrels just kick his arse even at 20k life. So many too. DA does little to help my cause.

Faust probably more lucrative anyway if your a 24/7 farmer in which case, other than boring overused imbalanced piratesin, unholy melee easily my #1 out of many diff fauzting chars (e.g. necros).

gimme TU tepoz or black sun and Runewords (nn gr's) and the world of fauzt is yours.

P.s. speaking of "no punishment" you can forget to buff pala a bunch in fauzt with same gears + limited charms above and he won't die. If you don't believe me, gimme some tg and I'll make a vid Razz

Will
Talic

Mr. Generosity/Former Forumer & Freak :)
TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://medianxl.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:41 pm

@Will wrote:Well Hymn is kinda the be all and end all that asteroth forgot to mention Wink

Also void what skills and what type of unholy? I assume you used DA for sewers so how did ur pounce go faster.... odd. I found my pounce with more charms slower than less charms (and less fun) than unholy melee.

Dunc kinda ez to explain. Barrels and NEW walls make place NOT "Rapture-ready" (nor friendly) and barrels just kick his arse even at 20k life. So many too. DA does little to help my cause.

Faust probably more lucrative anyway if your a 24/7 farmer in which case, other than boring overused imbalanced piratesin, unholy melee easily my #1 out of many diff fauzting chars (e.g. necros).

gimme TU tepoz or black sun and Runewords (nn gr's) and the world of fauzt is yours.

P.s. speaking of "no punishment" you can forget to buff pala a bunch in fauzt with same gears + limited charms above and he won't die. If you don't believe me, gimme some tg and I'll make a vid Razz

I thought Hymn was a given  Very Happy  I get over 1000 life per melee hit, and it also negates the balefire on attack crafted weapon i use

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum