A lot of shrine crafting questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A lot of shrine crafting questions

Post by PeadyJ on Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:22 am

I've been reading this post which is amazingly helpful http://www.medianxl.com/t11-shrine-crafting-thread?highlight=shrine+crafting

But I still have a few questions that I would love answering before I jump into shrine crafting.

1. It mentions Shrine specific Bonuses. But i'm wondering what non specific shrine bonuses are? Are they the Procs and oSkills? How many of each can spawn?

2. If I roll an item with one shrine and then with another different shrine will the item lose ALL shrine specific bonuses and gain the bonuses of the new shrine?

3. Is there a chance it will keep ANY of the same specific and/or non specific bonuses as it had before I rolled it with a new shrine?

I'm going to starting using this character guide http://www.medianxl.com/t599-the-nephalem-nuke
and it mentions crafting a lot.

If I was going to craft this out of the guide (It may be answered in the questions above) :

Helm: ornate/fascinating/sacred craft w/ -10 enemy res +29kraken stance and +2 barbskills may spawn with 20% str as a natural affix

4. To get this I would assume I would use a Barbarian specific helm (Which is capable to spawning with +2 skills and 20% str) and roll it with 1 specific shrine (Lets say ornate) until I achieve a helm with
-10 -% Enemy Lightning Res
+ Kraken Stance
+2 barb skill
+ %Str

5. Would I be able to get the effects of the 3 shrines below onto the 1 helm? or would I be aiming for just 1 of the 3 -%res?

Ornate = -% Lightning Res
Fasc = -% Fire res
Sacred = -% Cold Red

So my helm (If I had thousands of shrines and a life time of rolls) would have:
-10 -% Enemy Lightning Res
-10 -% Enemy Fire Res
-10 -% Enemy Cold Res
+ Kraken Stance
+2 barb skill
+ %Str

6. To get something like this (Even if I couldn't get all 3 -% Enemy Res) would I be able to roll with ornate shrines for the -% Lightening res then Bless the helm with a Sacred Shrine for a change for it to add an additional -% enemy cold res ONTOP of the helm I had already made with the Ornate?

7. Or is this not possible if I use an item iLVL99 I can only have a max of 100% chance of 4 affixes which would mean just
20% str
+ skills
+ oSkil
+ 1 of the -% enemy res?

8. If I then blessed the helm would it add ADDITONAL affixes?
If so, how many can it get?
Between 0-3? Could I have UP TO 7 affixes on the crafted helm? given the luck of course.

9. When aiming for an oSkill of a specific level and type say... +29 kraken stance. Is it random how much + skill I get or are there factors that increase/decrease the chance?

I'm very new to median but very keen to craft some items but aren't sure how to start =S

PeadyJ
Skull Ape

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A lot of shrine crafting questions

Post by archon256 on Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:44 am

1. Non-specific shrine bonuses are the bonuses rare items can naturally have. You can read about them here http://mxl.vn.cz/doc/MXLU_vXIV_Doc_v2.92/grig/prefix_suffix.html

2. Cubing a crafted item with a shrine rerolls it from scratch. You'll lose all the previous bonuses.

3. There's no additional chance to retain bonuses. If you use the same shrine you could get the same shrine bonus, but the chance is still the same as if you had used it on a rare. Same goes for any non-specific affixes.

5. You aim for one. I suggest Ornate since Stormblast converts all your physical damage to lightning.

6. Yes

8. Yes

What affixes will the item get when shrine blessing?
The item retains its original affixes and gains 0-3 preset affixes depending on luck and shrine type used. You can see them in the table below.
http://mxl.vn.cz/doc/MXLU_vXIV_Doc_v2.92/grig/shrines.html

9. Random.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Segolia on Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:48 am

Hi there!

1. It mentions Shrine specific Bonuses. But i'm wondering what non specific shrine bonuses are? Are they the Procs and oSkills? How many of each can spawn?

2. If I roll an item with one shrine and then with another different shrine will the item lose ALL shrine specific bonuses and gain the bonuses of the new shrine?

3. Is there a chance it will keep ANY of the same specific and/or non specific bonuses as it had before I rolled it with a new shrine?

5. Would I be able to get the effects of the 3 shrines below onto the 1 helm? or would I be aiming for just 1 of the 3 -%res?

Ornate = -% Lightning Res
Fasc = -% Fire res
Sacred = -% Cold Red

1. They are simply rare affixes that spawn depending on the item level. If you look in the NINJAD link above, you can see all the possible affixes.

2. You lose everything that was on the previous item, including the shrine bonuses and the initial rare bonuses. You basically re-roll the item by using another shrine or the same shrine.

3. If you bless it with a shrine, you do. Blessing adds a specified set of affixes on a valid item.

5. You can only possibly get two from shrines alone. Barbarian Helms might spawn with - enemy X resistances naturally though. Check the above link and see if it does.

8. If I then blessed the helm would it add ADDITONAL affixes?
If so, how many can it get?
Between 0-3? Could I have UP TO 7 affixes on the crafted helm? given the luck of course.

9. When aiming for an oSkill of a specific level and type say... +29 kraken stance. Is it random how much + skill I get or are there factors that increase/decrease the chance?

8. As before mentioned yes. Up to the 3 specified. The chance for all of them has a diminishing returns, as they usually vary between 25% or 50% chance to spawn them.

9. The skill level is usually random, but it does not matter too much because the main source of your damage from it increases from the mass amount of +skills your character may have naturally, and the oskill will have a generously high base amount of damage on top of it. The only thing that could possibly factor it is the item level, but usually oskills either spawn or don't spawn on items depending on the ilvl. Not many oskills will have a lover skill level on lower ilvls simply because it wont spawn.

Segolia
Bloody Butcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeadyJ on Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:54 am

Thank you guys so much. That answers everything. Just one more question.

When it says max of 4 affixes does that includes all possible affixes? Shrine bones, oskill, procs and rare affixes?
With a barb helm of ilvl99 I am guaranteed to get 4 affixes no more no less. The only way I can add additional is with shrine blessing, Runes, MO, Gems and Jewels?

PeadyJ
Skull Ape

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Segolia on Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:57 am

When it says max of 4 affixes does that includes all possible affixes? Shrine bones, oskill, procs and rare affixes?
With a barb helm of ilvl99 I am guaranteed to get 4 affixes no more no less. The only way I can add additional is with shrine blessing, Runes, MO, Gems and Jewels?

It accounts for up to 4 of the rare affixes possible depending on the ilvl. It does not count the shrine bonuses.

Segolia
Bloody Butcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeadyJ on Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:58 am

Perfect! thank you so much!!
I'm ready to start making some gear!

PeadyJ
Skull Ape

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:48 am

these are the rare affixes:
http://mxl.vn.cz/doc/MXLU_vXIV_Doc_v2.93/grig/prefix_suffix.html

you can use the filter to show you just the ones the barbarian helm can get. if you put in the ilvl it will remove the low lvl ones you can't get.

by crafting + blessing an ilvl 99 item, you get: 4 random rare affixes, 0-3 affixes/bonuses from the shrine you used to craft, 0-3 affixes from the shrine you used to bless.

you can craft and bless the item with the same shrine, for a chance to get the shrine affixes you missed when crafting, or getting the ones you got again for a larger total bonus.

btw, I'd be fine with just kraken stance on the helm. it's hard getting many desired stats on the item.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum