Uldy, How Buggy is the Zone?

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Uldy, How Buggy is the Zone?

Post by aknazer on Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:51 am

As the title says, how buggy is this place? I had the sarcophagus bug out on me twice before someone told me that all mummies have to be dead before you kill it, then when I thought I had killed all of the mummies and then killed the sarcophagus the guardian still didn't go away (yes it's possible a mummy was still up and died after it, though I didn't attack anything else once the sarcophagus died so it would have had to of been horrible timing).

Now I either just killed the spire or it teleported out of its own room. Either way the guardian is still there. Are there any more bugs that I need to know about before attempting even more waves? Should I just revert to XIV and not XIVb for this place so that I can at least use Dire Charm to get past such bugs? Because this is starting to get extremely aggravating that I have no way to progress because of guardians deciding to not despawn.

aknazer
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Uldy, How Buggy is the Zone?

Post by void on Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:11 am

Happens to me all the time.
The sarcophagus room is usually the main culprit, but I've also gotten stuck in the room with the Andariel boss, the room with the Death Projector clone and maybe at other guardians too.
I don't really like the uber because of this.

Wheather you want to revert to XIV is up to you.

void
Prince Albrecht

Cool Font Guy
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aknazer on Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:39 am

@void wrote:Happens to me all the time.
The sarcophagus room is usually the main culprit, but I've also gotten stuck in the room with the Andariel boss, the room with the Death Projector clone and maybe at other guardians too.
I don't really like the uber because of this.

Wheather you want to revert to XIV is up to you.

Well I don't want to revert, but if it means that I can have a playable uber then I would. Granted it technically is playable now, but with guardians so buggy I would rather play an earlier version that lets me get past them even if it is technically cheating than constantly keep trying to play a version that makes me want to punch something (especially if this were to happen on a later wave near the boss).

Thanks for the info though. Since it seems like this on even more guardians I'll probably grab XIV just for this uber rather than beating my head against a wall hoping that one of the guardians doesn't bug out.

aknazer
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben- on Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:32 am

make sure all the zombies are dead before u kill the sarcophagus

best is to stand next to wall, go closer so it spawns 1 zombie, go back to wall so no more spawn, kill the zombie then kill the sarcophagus - repeat if u need more than 1 debuff to kill it

works every time

Ben-
War Thug

British Gentleben
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aknazer on Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:46 am

I'll have to try that, though I'm sure I'll need more than one since I play a melee character and don't have the best damage output when using ranged skills/weapons.

aknazer
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishab on Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:04 pm

doing uldy with a melee char is gonna be really hard. I m not sure if it can be done with a melee at all since he cast Sacred Armor when u try to melee him.

@aknazer wrote:Are there any more bugs that I need to know about before attempting even more waves?

As for any more bugs, these r what i have encountered myself:
1) 10th room (totem) : this thing gets randomly bugged if u r not able to kill it before it kills itself

2) 18th room : this room have a boss + 2 minions, minions r easy to kill but dont kill them yet. Boss can get damage only from the Burn Damage nova that his minions cast when they melee hit something. i usually spam edryms and let them bring the boss's health down. But the room get bugged if the boss die from the minion's attack.. so u will have to kill the minions when the boss gets low at life and then kill him using Purify + Open wounds. Its time consuming but it prevents the bug.

3) 25-30 room (prime edryms) : i have noticed that the room gets bugged if u kill them too far from the next lvl gate, so try to keep them in vicinity of the Teleporting pad to the next room and it should prevent the bug

4) 30th room (Prime edrym Baal): he always gets bugged on me if i kill him in any of the 4 corners of the room. try to keep him engaged at the middle caz he will start running away when he gets life less then ~25% and hence will go stand in a corner when u approach him. So whatever u do.. dont kill him in the upper left corner or the 2 corners far from the teleport pad to the next room.

A little weird thing that sometimes happen with me in this uber is, the boss die but the tomb guard is still there so i thought it gets bugged but then i try a dark summoning and the guard dies.. it dont always work.. but it sometimes work.. idk how but it do.. so i always try a dark summoning near the Guard when i get bugged before making a new game to be sure that the thing really got bugged.

I might not sound very clear here.. so ask me if u get confused or anything Razz

Rishab
Ancient Fungus

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aknazer on Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:52 pm

Thanks for the info! Also I'm switching to an Arrow Swarm crafted bow I get to uldy. I got to him last night and I can stand on the bridge and hit him with it which also prevents the edyrem from swarming me (I can ignore the few that are attacking). Now I just have to work on my positioning of him and slap some tape on my RMB.

Only downside to this is that I'm not killing all of the edyrem that are behind me which causes the room to fill up and be unable to get my corpse back if I didn't have my positioning right.

aknazer
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishab on Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:14 am

aha... cool Very Happy
ya being able to get ur body back is an important thing for single player since u cant just rejoin the game. My advice will be to find a way to kill most of the edryms along with hitting the boss.. because he will get extremely laggy with spirit lag after some time, so chances of u death will get high.

P.s. : thanks for the cookie
Nom nom nom:

Rishab
Ancient Fungus

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:21 pm

I have done a lot of testing myself and added a lot of failproof measures so that stuff like this never happens.

As a matter of fact it was working nearly flawlessly on my end. But of course, I can't test every possible scenario. The lag factor adds a lot to these kind of random behaviors, be it from client/server desync lag, just in-game lag (caused by char specs) or maybe just from a bad comp.

I want to point out the uber isn't buggy. The d2 engine is buggy, and me pushing it with complex mechanisms seems to be causing trouble for some people, and that's where I'm guilty. The totem wave is pretty hilarious if you know the game limitations and how I managed to pull that off. I guess I have no choice but make some waves just randomly simple so they cannot bug out.

Or I thought about some kind of "panic" button in case a wave is cut for no reason. But meh.

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MUS01 on Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:58 pm

Nahhh Dire Charm solution was a good "panic button"... It also helps with no funny waves, like IMP dying from reflected damage...

MUS01
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum