Index:
#Introduction
#Types of speedruns explained
#Rules for speedruns
#Recording softwares and streaming sites
#Personal best overall
#Hall of fame

Introduction
This will be a showcase where I'll be posting all my speedruns in Median, as well as others speedrun (hall of fame).
So what is speedrun? Speedrun is the ultimate test of knowledge, focus, reaction and player skill. A run where you fight against time, high risks and preassure to become the fastest and the most furious Median player in history of time.

Types of speedruns & Challenges explained:

1. LvL 1-120 Speedrun Challenge ]SC/HC]
[This one is about hitting level 120 as fast as possible, in this type of run there is no limit (within the rules) to what you can do. The run/timer ends when you hit level 120]

1.1 LvL 1-120 Speedrun Class Spesific ]SC/HC]
[The goal is the same as the regular LvL 1-120 speedrun, but insted of the fastest run overall, you compete within a spesific class and within some rules]
Rule: No honorific gear.

2. 100% Completion Speedrun ]SC/HC]
[The goal here is to do every quest in every act (Hatred/Terror/Destruction) as fast as possible, the run/timer ends when you kill destruction baal]

3. Honorific Charm Challenge ]SC/HC]
[This run is not about going the fastest from X to Y, this challenge is about beeing level 120, collecting as many charms in Destruction as possible with the use of Honorific gear only, the one who collected most amount of charms with honorific gear only leads]
*Sidenote: as for amulet/rings you can only use blue level 0 ring (and then MO it).
*Sidenote 2: Mercs are allowed with MO-gear only
*Sidenote 3: Any charms acquire before destruction is allowed (LC0, LC1, Enneaded and LC2)

4. Lowball Baal ]SC/HC]
[This is another run where time is not a factor for leading, this challenge is about killing Hatred baal on the lowest level possible, any means necessary]

5. The Hardcore Sprinter [HC only]
[This challenge is to see how far you are able to run as a level 1 character, without items. It has to be made in hardcore and the person able to run the farther leads]

Rules for speedruns:
1. Every challenge have to be recorded in realm time from the start of a challenge, to the end of the challenge to be a valid submition.
2. There can not be any other person than the speedrunner involved in the speedrun event (Solo play only).
3. You can only do it untwinked without any influence from your other characters (starting from scratch).
4. Every run/timer starts with the creation of your character, until the speedrun is complete.
5. You are only allowed to use MapHack that shows map only (without showing monsters, correct tombs, etc..).
6. You are only allowed to do the runs in /players1.

Recording softwares and streaming sites:
Software for recording:
[]ZD Soft Screen Recorder
[]D3DGear
[]Fraps
[]Dxtory
[]Action!

Sites for streaming:
Twitch

Personal best overall
#LvL 1-120 Speedrun Challenge:
*I'll record the run when the new ladder starts

LvL 1-120 Speedrun Challenge:
Softcore
#1 Mr.Noob - 13:37:01
#2 ______
#3 ______

Hardcore
#2 ______
#3 ______

LvL 1-120 Class Spesific
Softcore
Amazon:
Assassin:
Barbarian:
Druid:
Necromancer:
Paladin:
Sorcerer:

Hardcore
Amazon:
Assassin:
Barbarian:
Druid:
Necromancer:
Paladin:
Sorcerer:

100% Completion Speedrun:
Softcore
#2 ______
#3 ______

Hardcore
#1 Mr.Noob - 13:37:02
#2 ______
#3 ______

Honorific Charm Challenge:
Softcore
#2 ______
#3 ______

Hardcore
#1 Mr.Noob - 1 / 36 gathered
#2 ______
#3 ______

Lowball Baal:
Softcore
#2 ______
#3 ______

Hardcore
#1 Mr.Noob - Level 75
#2 ______
#3 ______

The Hardcore Sprinter:
#1 ZartoK - 50% into "Underground passage level 1

#2 ______
#3 ______

GL&HF Everyone!

Last edited by Zartok on Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:05 am; edited 13 times in total

Zartok
Edyrem

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zartoks Speedrun & Challenge Showcase/Contest

Post by Zartok on Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:49 am

#Reserved in case#

Zartok
Edyrem

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by onlyswerving on Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:13 am

this looks like a lot of fun! i'll definitely have to try the honorific challenge, the low baal challenge, and the sprinter challenge (come the new patch/season, that is)

onlyswerving
Stygian Watcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:32 am

Didn't you say same thing in "I'm Twisteds" page?

Well at least I now know you prefer this EVEN MORE!!!!

P.s. it's Wool not Wull ingrate! Razz (See Imtwisteds competitition)
(I literally found it funny you thought I purposely misspelt O vs. U)
Wull isn't a word. WOOL IS Very Happy. It's like zantock or mean word versus - Zannex not Zartok

"Speedrun is the ultimate test of knowledge, focus, reaction and player skill. A run where you fight against time, high risks and preassure to become the fastest and the most furious Median player in history of time."

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing  on and on.

Is this even hardcore?

ED: Okay 1/8 = hc others sc. And you didn't really specify how to "win" HC challenge. fastest to what?

I'd suggest 120. Damn hard for first person Very Happy

P.s. Zanny is this Single player or Multiplayer? can't tell

Will
Talic

Mr. Generosity/Former Forumer & Freak :)
TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://medianxl.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Zartok on Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:19 am

@onlyswerving wrote:this looks like a lot of fun! i'll definitely have to try the honorific challenge, the low baal challenge, and the sprinter challenge (come the new patch/season, that is)

Glad to hear you like the ideas Smile Looking forward to see how far you are able to get!

Zartok
Edyrem

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zartok on Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:28 am

@Will wrote:Didn't you say same thing in "I'm Twisteds" page?

Well at least I now know you prefer this EVEN MORE!!!!

Very Happy Yeah Will, I do enjoy this a lot.

@Will wrote:P.s. it's Wool not Wull ingrate! Razz (See Imtwisteds competitition)
(I literally found it funny you thought I purposely misspelt O vs. U)
Wull isn't a word. WOOL IS Very Happy. It's like zantock or mean word versus - Zannex not Zartok

Haha, well it seems you are kind a word smith so I had to interpret the meaning of you switching the O with U. So in my head it was a friendly gesture of messing with me, and I wanted to join the fun :p

@Will wrote:"Speedrun is the ultimate test of knowledge, focus, reaction and player skill. A run where you fight against time, high risks and preassure to become the fastest and the most furious Median player in history of time."

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing  on and on.

Right? ^^

@Will wrote:Is this even hardcore?

ED: Okay 1/8 = hc others sc. And you didn't really specify how to "win" HC challenge. fastest to what?

I'd suggest 120. Damn hard for first person Very Happy

There is only one hardcore challenge only, "The Hardcore Sprinter". Rest is both HC and SC
Hmm, you win by running through most of the content without dying at level 1. But now that I think about it.. Andariel is the end for any level 1 character! I'll probably make a course later on where you have to run if people manage to do this challenge too easy.

@Will wrote:P.s. Zartok is this Single player or Multiplayer? can't tell

It does not matter, as long as they record the whole run and do it on /players1 (I'll add that to the rules)

Zartok
Edyrem

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:21 pm

okay good responses! You may want to go to say, D act 5 because some get lucky and do super fast. Some don't. Once had an untwink pouncezon get to D only to mini-farm gold and forget witches Sad

Yknow I'm gonna look into recording my games for this. I don't like oo/'ing (cant say banned words) so I almost fit right in!

EXCEPT I'll likely do what I always do to prevent my midlvl's from hitting 120 first.........Roll Roll ROLL!!!! for hours sometimes (not as boring if u can click fast yknow?). Makes for first fun items in game.

Anyway I appreciate good answers. I would think people would want /p1 too!!!! OR does the exp component hit it. hmm

I'm honestly going to try this. who knows maybe I'll be first (then bumped downnnnnnn hahahaha)

Probably today maybe in 10 minutes! Btw how do I record? I'd be happy to run a stream (might be a bit laggy for all!!!)

In fact as I stream it I'm gonna post here to bump ur thread which is alllowed I think Very Happy

ED: Maybe make challenge WITHOUT honorifics!!! (Ill recheck to make sure I read this right). It's generally how I play since those items to me are cheezball. In fact lvling with them is so damn common and easy (Doesn't matter class) That to me it takes away from uniqueness.
ED2
I'm not gonna use honorifics in my run so hopefully it MIGHT be added. Still I'd likely be beaten easypeasy bc I'm not a speed demon YET!

Also I'd give you a cookie because you listen well to suggestions, were kind etc, and didn't make this post a "WHOEVER GETS to 120 IS BEST" (likely boosting + help)

Will
Talic

Mr. Generosity/Former Forumer & Freak :)
TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://medianxl.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Segolia on Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:00 pm

3. Honorific Charm Challenge ]SC/HC]
[This run is not about going the fastest from X to Y, this challenge is about collecting as many charms in Destruction as possible with the use of Honorific gear only, the one who collected most amount of charms with honorific gear only leads]
*Sidenote: as for amulet/rings you can only use blue level 0 ring (and then MO it).

Does it matter if we start off as a lvl 120 char? Or do we have to start at level 1?

Segolia
Bloody Butcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stoya on Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:19 pm

best showcase ever !! cookieeeee for GG idea...  Clap Clap 

i wish i still play median now god damn Sad show us some epic videos guyssss

stoya
Darkwarden

do some research LOL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Segolia on Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:28 pm

@stoya wrote:best showcase ever !! cookieeeee for GG idea...  Clap Clap 

i wish i still play median now god damn Sad show us some epic videos guyssss

I'll probably livestream an honorific only run + make vod highlights.

Last edited by Segolia on Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Segolia
Bloody Butcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum