Updated Unholy Paladin Help

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Updated Unholy Paladin Help

Post by Mangekyox on Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:35 pm

I was just wondering what a good skill set is for an unholy paladin.

I was planning on using Vessel of Judgement, Symphony of Destruction and perhaps a strong oskill like Apocalypse. Which are the more preferable options for an oSkill to use?

Also which stats would be priority to look for when crafting gear.

Thanks in advance.

Mangekyox
Prowler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updated Unholy Paladin Help

Post by Asteroth on Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:18 pm

@Mangekyox wrote:I was just wondering what a good skill set is for an unholy paladin.

I was planning on using Vessel of Judgement, Symphony of Destruction and perhaps a strong oskill like Apocalypse. Which are the more preferable options for an oSkill to use?

Thanks in advance.

It sounds like you're making a UH spellcaster pally.
In which case i'd suggest you use vessel of judgement only in Hatred, and then respec and leave VoJ as a 1 pointer (the damage is just too low to justify at later stages of the game).
I can't comment much (since i've never made a UH spellcaster) but i know many max out mind flay and slayer (for more MF beams). SoD is immensely powerful even as a 1 pointer (with all the spell damage you'll get and +all skills), but more points wouldnt hurt.

For crafting and better advice, check out this guide
http://www.medianxl.com/t954-v6d-wng-din-the-unholy-caster

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:20 pm

@Asteroth wrote:
@Mangekyox wrote:I was just wondering what a good skill set is for an unholy paladin.

Thanks in advance.

It sounds like you're making a UH spellcaster pally.
In which case i'd suggest you use vessel of judgement only in Hatred, and then respec and leave VoJ as a 1 pointer (the damage is just too low to justify at later stages of the game).
I can't comment much (since i've never made a UH spellcaster) but i know many max out mind flay and slayer (for more MF beams). SoD is immensely powerful even as a 1 pointer (with all the spell damage you'll get and +all skills), but more points wouldnt hurt.

For crafting and better advice, check out this guide
http://www.medianxl.com/t954-v6d-wng-din-the-unholy-caster

Slayer is also quite useful for crowd control. It will knock back (or put into hit recovery) anything vulnerable to such things.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stoya on Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:41 pm

slayer has also another crucial usage for uh caster pally which is 'dealing with imm mobs' since slayers deals insane dmg for end game, you will deffi want it. also apocalypse is not so strong oskill without great investment, when youll want to stack as much as light dmg for flays, magic dmg of slayer would be a lot better choice
another advantage is, it has some serious crowd control and they are like fortress skill. untargatable towers which shoots around with magic dmg, magic dmg will be your best friend while farming fauzt too.
i stopped playing so long time ago so i have no idea about this point but maybe marco buffed magic dmg and added some other option to reduce mobs magic dmg tho.

stoya
Darkwarden

do some research LOL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pa5call on Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:35 pm

@stoya wrote:...since slayers deals insane dmg for end game...

Shocked  pmsl  Laughing  -ever tried to kill anthing Big with it? ...idk, Quov Tsin for example?  Pale

pa5call
Cathedral Drow

TGGood 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cowking on Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:02 pm

VoJ actually can deal significant damage, but you can't put any points into holy/unholy trees (superbeast doesn't count). This way you will get both synergies out of light and shadow. Problem is you lose tainted blood so your defense will suck. Been meaning to experiment with max block/eagle stance but too lazy. VoJ deals physical damage, so you can use bane from Xorine's Cane to lower enemy phys res for double damage. Point being, if you want to use VoJ as a primary damage dealer, you will have to revolve and gear your entire build around it. VoJ can't be prebuffed either, so +skills will be important (Light and Shadow already gives a massive spell damage boost to VoJ).

Biggest weakness of superbeast is FHR, so high defense is important to avoid getting stunlocked/mobbed to death. Jah runes/runewords win here.

Eagle stance from Crusade RW is so good I wouldn't use anything else. Playing a squishy caster is not fun.

I recommend getting SSU hunter's bow for charm oSkill before attempting triune charm, otherwise you will experience clinical depression.

@pa5call wrote:

Shocked  pmsl  Laughing  -ever tried to kill anthing Big with it? ...idk, Quov Tsin for example?  Pale

Slayer is pretty fantastic given what you need to invest. I killed Quov Tsin with supernova from black dwarf with my necromancer.

Last edited by cowking on Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:33 pm; edited 3 times in total

cowking
Clawstorm Terror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:21 pm

@cowking wrote:VoJ actually can deal significant damage but you can't put any points into holy/unholy trees (superbeast doesn't count). You will get both synergies out of light and shadow. Problem is you lose tainted blood so your defense will suck. Been meaning to experiment with max block/eagle stance but too lazy. VoJ deals physical damage, so you can use bane from Xorine's Cane to lower enemy phys res for double damage. Point being, if you want to use VoJ as a primary damage dealer, you will have to revolve and gear your entire build around it. VoJ can't be prebuffed either, so +skills will be important (Light and Shadow already gives a massive spell damage boost to VoJ).

Biggest weakness of superbeast is FHR, so high defense is important to avoid getting stunlocked/mobbed to death. Jah runes/runewords win here.

Eagle stance from Crusade RW is so good I wouldn't use anything else. Playing a squishy caster is not fun.

@pa5call wrote:

Shocked  pmsl  Laughing  -ever tried to kill anthing Big with it? ...idk, Quov Tsin for example?  Pale

Slayer is pretty fantastic given what you need to invest.

Interesting point about eagle stance, i'd have just gotten another crafted helm for more damage. I also always figured with scourge you'd have plenty of help tanking stuff

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cowking on Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:05 pm

@Asteroth wrote:

Interesting point about eagle stance, i'd have just gotten another crafted helm for more damage. I also always figured with scourge you'd have plenty of help tanking stuff

I find summons detrimental to gameplay experience without heavy investment into minion life.

Also, if you struggle in dest dunc/fauzt, you can buy apples from vendor for even more crazy life regen (~1k life per sec regen with 20k hp). They cost like 40k and last for 10 minutes, just pick up a rare now and then. This is something I doubt many realize.

cowking
Clawstorm Terror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:16 pm

@cowking wrote:
@Asteroth wrote:

I find summons detrimental to gameplay experience without heavy investment into minion life.

Also, if you struggle in dest dunc/fauzt, you can buy apples from vendor for even more crazy life regen (~1k life per sec regen with 20k hp). They cost like 40k and last for 10 minutes, just pick up a rare now and then. This is something I doubt many realize.

I find them on the floor with my UH melee and pop them every so often. Quite useful xD

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum