Class Limitations & Advantages

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Class Limitations & Advantages

Post by Mangekyox on Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:11 pm

I've recently made my Unholy caster paladin and I have made it through a good portion of the Level ubers and Dungeon Ubers although I find myself struggling with the later ones to an extent.
I was wondering are there any Ubers/heroics that an Unholy Caster cannot complete? If so any gear tips that may help me get further?
Currently completed up to Rathma Square, Judgement day and Ghost of Old Town (skipped Triune boss).

I was also looking into making another build to cover the uber/heroics that I cannot complete on my paladin.
I was contemplating ATMG Sin, Either a Poison/Cold sorc or a Fire/Cold Sorc. I was wondering which if these would be a better choice for someone who hasn't got an extensive amount of experience.

I also tried a Dual wield Barbarian but I found I couldn't find myself surviving long enough to do a whole lot of damage. I was only using sub-par gear just to test the playstyle out but I feel like they were very underwhelming. Is a dual-wield barb a strong build or is it just very gear reliant to start making good progress?

Mangekyox
Prowler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Class Limitations & Advantages

Post by cowking on Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:12 pm

Use crafted gear. ZOMG ilvl 1 crafts with %ED are very good due to double orb bonus. For armor/shield you could use normal craft to get +skills and 20% vit/flat life. Takes more shrines though. If you have it, elemental tribute set belt is best if you use Mind Flay. Crafts also make it easy to get -200 res against heroic shields.

You can farm Kingdom of Shadow trophy if you want. You have good defense, mega life regen and stacked poison res. I used devouring cloud amu with cathedral RW to one shot Juris Khan (he has very low HP), since you need to avoid his 1HK blast wave upon death. Use spin to win from Demacian Justice to reach him. If you don't have it, you can use divine apparation / town portal (takes more time and effort though). Point being, unholy caster should have no probs with this uberlevel.

Brachy is 1/10 for unholy caster as well. You can completely skip level 1 and 2 without even taking damage. In level three kill worms/eggs/snakes in the rooms surrounding brachy (since he teleports). Have 95 poison/fire res (fire not even needed tbh). Wait until he turns you into a worm, then attack afterwards. You can even use Void Seeker on switch to proc phase bomb if you want to speed things up.

With decent gear you should have no problems in dunc either.

Belial will probably cause you a few deaths, but totally doable. You could use void seeker here as well (I didn't).

Astrogha is only a matter of patience. Wait until you have a clear shot and avoid killing statues. You could roll a hailstorm amu and swap some crafted pieces with cold equivalents to make it easy.

Quov Tsin can be done with anything. It's only a matter of making yourself immune to his attacks.

Last edited by cowking on Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

cowking
Clawstorm Terror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:27 pm

UH pally can do every uber np..

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:34 pm

Re:Dual-wield Barbs

Since most Barb builds lack avoid (unless they run Crane Stance) and block (unless they stack Dex) they rely a lot on defense and high HP. Using two weapons means you lose out on defense a shield would give, so you need to make up for that. People tend to run Bear Stance with it.

Also the main skill for DW barbs is Bloodhatred, which is a single-target ability that takes a lot of uses to get to maximum stacks, after which you can switch to a multi-target one temporarily. That means weapons with on-attack procs are preferred for the build, because they allow you to turn your Bloodhatred attacks into multi-target attacks. While leveling you could use Honorific weapons MO'd with Crucify and Spike Nova for that.

Personally I'd just wait for the next patch, where Barbs are getting a whole tree devoted to Dual Wielding.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:29 am

@archon256 wrote:Re:Dual-wield Barbs

Since most Barb builds lack avoid (unless they run Crane Stance) and block (unless they stack Dex) they rely a lot on defense and high HP. Using two weapons means you lose out on defense a shield would give, so you need to make up for that. People tend to run Bear Stance with it.

Also the main skill for DW barbs is Bloodhatred, which is a single-target ability that takes a lot of uses to get to maximum stacks, after which you can switch to a multi-target one temporarily. That means weapons with on-attack procs are preferred for the build, because they allow you to turn your Bloodhatred attacks into multi-target attacks. While leveling you could use Honorific weapons MO'd with Crucify and Spike Nova for that.

Personally I'd just wait for the next patch, where Barbs are getting a whole tree devoted to Dual Wielding.

Duel wield barb is more than viable using Blood Hatred as your main attack. With true double swing mechanics, all off weapon procs have two chances to trigger per mouse click. Plenty of ways to spread the love if you use this. Lion Stance + Nepgh Weapons + Spirit Guide + a crap ton of WDM attacks (say, duel double moed Bul Kothos full of spike nova and crucify mos, Cham boots, Nero belt, the sacred version of the crucify light gauntlets, etc) = lol.

Or you can go with Eagle/Bear stance and spell procs. Lots of points in blood hatred will give you -100% E(F/C/R)R without trying too hard. I like to run duel T6 Icehunter's Fang early game just to hear all the maniacal laughter. With Eagle Stance you can swing duel BaleFire swords and not even notice the life drain.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:16 am

Right, I'm not trying to say it isn't viable, just that you need to build around procs.

But personally I'd still wait for the patch since I'd be interested to use multiple dual-wield abilities instead of just the one.

Also, it's dual, not duel. Dual = two, duel = fight. Tongue

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Istaryu on Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:53 am

If you are going for bosses like Quov Tsin or Astrogha, you can make cold-crafted items and stack cold spell dmg and -200% ecr and use a staff with avalanche. It pierces trough walls and freezes targets hit (not bosses), so it is perfect vs astro, and decent vs some other ubers

Istaryu
Curst Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:32 am

@archon256 wrote:Right, I'm not trying to say it isn't viable, just that you need to build around procs.

or SBS.  Cool 

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mangekyox on Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:43 am

@cowking wrote:Use crafted gear. ZOMG ilvl 1 crafts with %ED are very good due to double orb bonus. For armor/shield you could use normal craft to get +skills and 20% vit/flat life. Takes more shrines though. If you have it, elemental tribute set belt is best if you use Mind Flay. Crafts also make it easy to get -200 res against heroic shields.

You can farm Kingdom of Shadow trophy if you want. You have good defense, mega life regen and stacked poison res. I used devouring cloud amu with cathedral RW to one shot Juris Khan (he has very low HP), since you need to avoid his 1HK blast wave upon death. Use spin to win from Demacian Justice to reach him. If you don't have it, you can use divine apparation / town portal (takes more time and effort though). Point being, unholy caster should have no probs with this uberlevel.

Brachy is 1/10 for unholy caster as well. You can completely skip level 1 and 2 without even taking damage. In level three kill worms/eggs/snakes in the rooms surrounding brachy (since he teleports). Have 95 poison/fire res (fire not even needed tbh). Wait until he turns you into a worm, then attack. You can even use Void Seeker on switch to proc phase bomb if you want to speed things up.

With decent gear you should have no problems in dunc either.

Belial will probably cause you a few deaths, but totally doable. You could use void seeker here as well (I didn't).

Astrogha is only a matter of patience. Wait until you have a clear shot and avoid killing statues. You could roll a hailstorm amu and swap some crafted pieces with cold equivalents to make it easy.

Quov Tsin can be done with anything. It's only a matter of making yourself immune to his attacks.

My current gear (roughly)
Ornate Crafted Gnarled Staff - -52 Lightning Res, 164% Lightning Dmg, 68% Minion life, 88 LAEK,
Helm - Witch hunter hood (main), Crusade swap.
Amulet - Witchmoon (Mo light dmg)
Rings (both) - 1 all skills, light dmg, -Light res, life
Ornate Craft boots - -Light Res, Light dmg, Life, Apocalypse, Resists
Gloves - Quiet Blessed Honorific - Enh Def, Light dmg, -fire res, -light res
Belt - Quiet Blessed Honorific - Enh Def, Light dmg, -fire res, -light res
Body - Queen of Glass (T6) - Meaning to craft an ancient armor

153k Def with Tainted Blood.

I did try Kingdom of Shadows, but I had a lot of trouble on the narrow hallway to the boss and just couldn't manage to get past all the mobs.
I ran it using Crusade helm for the Eagle stance + Tainted blood regen while not Apparating.
Although I didn't try using portals to wait for my Divine apparate timer.

Mangekyox
Prowler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:58 am

also eat apples !

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile