Twitch.tv just went down to shit.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Twitch.tv just went down to shit.

Post by Segolia on Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:08 am

http://blog.twitch.tv/2014/08/3136/

So basically twitch implemented youtube's poor system of detecting music and punishing you for using it... and set it up to 11. Any VODs of broadcasts you have made will be attempt to detect any copyrighted music and will muted VODs if it thinks it uses unacceptable audio.

Why is this a bad thing? Well if you play any game that has any sort of music, including any sort of in-game music that the game naturally has, that portion of the VOD gets muted. Even if it is part of the game. Even if you are the developer of the game and you are streaming your own game. Even if you are twitch itself, your VOD gets muted.

Segolia
Bloody Butcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Twitch.tv just went down to shit.

Post by hellgrind on Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:05 pm

I was hoping that this will have no place but the reality is different. Money makes people dump and everyone have his price.

hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:08 pm

ahahah people were fearing this when word got out that YT was buying Twitch... I guess they were right to fear. Bye twitch, we will miss you and your shitty vod/highlight list. Kappa, Rip in Pepperoni, Rip in Peace, DogFace, KreyGasm, etc.

Up next, people make a massive move from Twitch to Azubu.tv, and Azubu loses the "mystery" funding, while others stay and try to weather the storm and become bogged down in the sewer with YouTwitch. gg no re

Edit: ah it's only on VODs, not live... still, it's a massive blow below the buckle.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspirine101 on Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:00 pm

@Quirinus wrote:ahahah people were fearing this when word got out that YT was buying Twitch... I guess they were right to fear. Bye twitch, we will miss you and your shitty vod/highlight list. Kappa, Rip in Pepperoni, Rip in Peace, DogFace, KreyGasm, etc.

Up next, people make a massive move from Twitch to Azubu.tv, and Azubu loses the "mystery" funding, while others stay and try to weather the storm and become bogged down in the sewer with YouTwitch. gg no re

Edit: ah it's only on VODs, not live... still, it's a massive blow below the buckle.
Well after YT removed some of my vids I moved to dailymotion, which works perfect (for uploading ofc) obviously I still watch vids on YT.
Same would be, if I would use twitch, and this happened, I would definitely move to this Azubu thing I've never heard of. Altho I remember marco streaming his early sigma videos (Seram iirc) in a site called livestream or something similar. Might try it out too

Aspirine101
Lord Primus

Islamic B&D Princess
TGGood None

View user profile http://lmgtfy.com/?q=median+xl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:26 pm

yea people are moving to ustream and other sites.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l on Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:29 am

im where sc2 is

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred