[ 49 ]
11% 11% 
[ 12 ]
3% 3% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 105

SP or MP?

Post by void on Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:43 pm

This thread is not intended for you to make any "fixing" requests. Oh no, the disappointment. Laughing 
Some of you may know that I almost exclusively play on singleplayer. But today I made an exception.
The reason? To find out whether my argument to play SP "MP doesn't play smoothly enough" was justified or not.
The result:
Actually not that surprising: MP plays nothing like SP; the desync is quite noticeable after not playing on realm for a long time. I'm fine with staying on singleplayer.
Of course, everyone has a different way of viewing this and thus different priorities of what they want from the game.
So what I want to know is: What is your personal take? Which mode do you prefer and what is the most important factor for your choice?
More content, bigger stash feature, friends, /players 8, legit Marco charm... Whatever it is, this is the best place to post it. Compress 

void
Prince Albrecht

Cool Font Guy
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SP or MP?

Post by MasterRiven on Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:47 pm

If you are having desnych issues on multiplayer you should pick a different GS...

I played SP for a long time 1 year + and tried playing on TSW here recently. TSW is way easier to get really strong despite the broken things you can do on SP (/players, plugy stash, dupes?) because other people to help you and you can easily get your body back by leaving and rejoining the game (once game is perm after 5 minutes in it)

I prefer MP/TSW because its fun to play with other people and kind of compete with them for drops and charms. SP is better for testing out builds. Not currently playing MP until new patch/reset which is the biggest downside (crippling, even) to the MP experience... Days and days of farming and frustrating ubers just to get wiped never to be seen again >.>

MasterRiven
Corruptor Warlock

TGBest 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:51 pm

To be honest ... DP.  Smile 

SP is boring as hell, not to mention all the hackers. MP is fun you can trade easily and you get to play with your friends without having TCP problems, Plugy issues, etc. MP has more meaning than SP. If you can't handle the ladder resets, then you are doing it wrong. I play 1 hour a day with no trades so far and no items or charm boost, and still manage to progress. Even if the ladder resets in a month or so... I don't care.

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tencanek on Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:52 pm

Advantages of Singleplayer:
1) no periodical wipe, so your precious overpowered items from earliest imbalanced patches stays in shared stash
2) no lag, except if you have shitty antivirus Very Happy
3) no need to mule
4) duping

Advantages of Multiplayer
1) more fun, basicaly every game i have played is funnier with more humanoids
2) progress and leveling is much faster, there is plenty of generous Tcowers in TSWII
3) trading, another great reason to play online
4) more fun

Unfortunatelly, I dont play online this season, because of lesser, lesser and lesser free gaming time. Having it more -> being unemployed for example, i would jump into Sin War once again.

tencanek
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by void on Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:56 pm

@MasterRiven wrote:SP is better for testing out builds.
Why is that? Because there are naughty ways of acquiring gear? Twisted Evil 
Just kidding.
I picked the server closest to my location and one control group. I know that you can get used to desync fast on MP. If you look at it from a neutral perspective it's nothing, but if you are used to playng SP, which is almost lagless, you'll see it immediately.

In regards to what Wotan said: The temptation to use cheats is there, but what's also there is a choice.
I think it changes you when you have the means to get anything in the game easily, but still decide to stay legit.
And I think what tencanek said conflicts with the perception that there is no "cheating" in online play.
If somebody gives you a lift, is that not like cheating? If somebody helps you level to 120 in an hour is that not cheating in a way?
You could argue it is, or you could say the oppositve. It's a good thing that we decided to stay neutral at all times, right? Mr Green 

Last edited by void on Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

void
Prince Albrecht

Cool Font Guy
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:03 pm

They are both cool. I like to play with multires in 1.12a on single player cause it looks awesome but realm is the real deal. No cheating and nice people to play with or talk to. Can't beat that. Mp>Sp if I had to choose.

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:05 pm

I've played both SP and TSW, i really miss being able to do /players 8 when im on TSW
it helps tremendously with leveling up to 120. Also...muling is a bit cumbersome :/

but playing with people, even if it's just for me to rush some players out of sheer boredom or give out some gear i'll never use is so fun

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:08 pm

MP is like HC and coke -- once you try it you never go back Smile

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:10 pm

This run of playing I played only MP. It was a lot of fun and if one server was laggy, I just tried another one. If all were laggy, I went and played my guitar.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:13 pm

If anyone remembers my streams (R.I.P.) i've proven that 500-600 ping + stream software/internet lags + eating ice cream + HC + talking with people over skype, is possible (at least until act 2 sewers  Mr Green  )

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum