Short Questions Thread

Page 11 of 100 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 55 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Short Questions Thread

Post by cowking on Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:58 pm

It's the +poison damage over x seconds modifier on your old knife, and how it works with Way of the Spider.

It's explained here, and there's a topic about passive poison damage here. Both are good reads.

cowking
Clawstorm Terror

Posts : 307
Country : Finland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Short Questions Thread

Post by Cathar on Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:07 am

Thanks for the quick reply.

So from reading this, I guess WotS increases that small amount of poison damage by a percentage, resulting in the enormous difference in damage (which is mostly poison damage over time, not instant damage), right?

The question remains, though, which weapon is better (or better for the build)? Or should I just try to get some poison damage on the new weapon with a jewel so it benefits from WotS in the same way?

Cathar
Fallen One

Posts : 2
Country : Austria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Short Questions Thread

Post by cowking on Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:16 am

@Cathar wrote:So from reading this, I guess WotS increases that small amount of poison damage by a percentage, resulting in the enormous difference in damage (which is mostly poison damage over time, not instant damage), right?

The question remains, though, which weapon is better (or better for the build)? Or should I just try to get some poison damage on the new weapon with a jewel so it benefits from WotS in the same way?

Yes, the old knife increases your WotS poison duration, thus resulting in more poison damage over time.

As for which is better, at level 63, it really doesn't matter. You will outgrow your weapon soon enough. If you spam maelstrom, poison duration doesn't really matter (since it's reapplied constantly), so use your new knife if it feels stronger.


Last edited by cowking on Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total

cowking
Clawstorm Terror

Posts : 307
Country : Finland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Short Questions Thread

Post by Asteroth on Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:18 am

@Cathar wrote:Thanks for the quick reply.

So from reading this, I guess WotS increases that small amount of poison damage by a percentage, resulting in the enormous difference in damage (which is mostly poison damage over time, not instant damage), right?

The question remains, though, which weapon is better (or better for the build)? Or should I just try to get some poison damage on the new weapon with a jewel so it benefits from WotS in the same way?

Ironsleet (TU Balanced knife) is probably better than either of those

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
Posts : 1630
TGBest Transferred
Country : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Short Questions Thread

Post by archon256 on Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:12 am

How much damage does Exorcism do? I'm wondering if a UH Caster with Exorcism and Symphony of Destruction would make for a good Heroic farmer.
Wait, does SoD even target Heroic bosses?  Scratch 

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone
Posts : 1738
Country : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Short Questions Thread

Post by Wulf on Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:05 am

2 possibly dumb questions:

1- I went in Ureh with 95%/450 stacked poison resist, yet the zombie ghosts still do dmg to me on their initial hit. Is their base dmg physical or magical?

2- I just realized something cute with the "damage reduced by 2" MO. Considering you can get 50% dr and +60 flat dr on every single crafted piece and some SU's spawning with 100+, wouldn't it be easy to reach a certain amount (300-700?) of flat damage reduced so that physical dmg absolutely does nothing to you? Am I missing something? It seems kind of crazy considering most ubers are physical dmg based.

Wulf
Landmass

Posts : 362
Country : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Short Questions Thread

Post by RollsRoyce on Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:18 am

@archon256 wrote:How much damage does Exorcism do? I'm wondering if a UH Caster with Exorcism and Symphony of Destruction would make for a good Heroic farmer.
Wait, does SoD even target Heroic bosses?  Scratch 
fully stacked about 30-65k mag dmg; still since its magic dmg takes ages to kill a heroic

@Wulf wrote:2 possibly dumb questions:

1- I went in Ureh with 95%/450 stacked poison resist, yet the zombie ghosts still do dmg to me on their initial hit. Is their base dmg physical or magical?

2- I just realized something cute with the "damage reduced by 2" MO. Considering you can get 50% dr and +60 flat dr on every single crafted piece and some SU's spawning with 100+, wouldn't it be easy to reach a certain amount (300-700?) of flat damage reduced so that physical dmg absolutely does nothing to you? Am I missing something? It seems kind of crazy considering most ubers are physical dmg based.

1. physical dmg

2. nice idea but ofc it will not be enough once outside of hatred; better stick with life after kill/ leech etc

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
Posts : 3320
TGBest Transferred
Country : Germany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Short Questions Thread

Post by Wulf on Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:40 am

@RollsRoyce wrote:2. nice idea but ofc it will not be enough once outside of hatred; better stick with life after kill/ leech etc
I just punched out some numbers and you are correct. A realistic build using this could only go up to about 450 flat dr (probably 500-600 with perfect gears, but killspeed would blow cocks). Paired with 50% dr, mobs would need to do 1200+ base physical dmg to you in order to race a potion being drank, which there are plenty (necrobots, dunc citizens).

Dayum shaym.

But I guess it could work in small, recurrent dmg'ing mobs, like in TA/Bartuc/Jitan/Koth/Ureh/Bremmtown/Tojara (perhaps even Vizjun). But it seems a lot of effort for just midgame ubers.

Wulf
Landmass

Posts : 362
Country : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Short Questions Thread

Post by RollsRoyce on Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:43 am

no it will never work because flat Dr is applied first, so if an enemy deals 6k dmg and you got 2k DR and 50% dr you will still end up getting 2k dmg

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
Posts : 3320
TGBest Transferred
Country : Germany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Short Questions Thread

Post by Wulf on Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:56 am

@RollsRoyce wrote:no it will never work because flat Dr is applied first, so if an enemy deals 6k dmg and you got 2k DR and 50% dr you will still end up getting 2k dmg
What in the hell? flat dr is applied before % dr? Whoever had that idea should be shot in the knee and thrown down a dry well.

Playing LoL made me think % always came first. Well, thx for your time Very Happy

Wulf
Landmass

Posts : 362
Country : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 100 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 55 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum