Short Questions Thread

Page 6 of 100 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 53 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Short Questions Thread

Post by Quirinus on Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:28 pm

@cowking wrote:Forgot to ask, how many times does tantrum hit per second? I have some kind of weird memory it's 25, but I'm not sure.

What about whirlpool?

ND for both is 4 I think, so that means they can't hit again after 4/25 of the second after each hit. tantrum used to be 0 at one point I think (in MXL 2012).

@ron70 wrote:Hi everyone! Smile

I have a few questions!

What would be the best crafted jewels for a throwsin (using the tracker set) ?

Is there an advantage in walking instead of running ?

I only miss one piece of the set (the bone helm), i've been farming for weeks now (kurast ba, diablo, nilathak and even duncraig) and I can't find it. My question is : how come i've dropped the red vex morion 10 times and the tracker helm not once ? How does it work ? I understand that some items, by nature, are rarer than others, but isn't a morion supposed to be a class armor, and so rarer ? And subsidiary question : can this helm drop in every places ? It seems like kurast ba rarely drops set class armor or weapons.. What other places can I try to farm ?

Last question : What is the best elite monster to have on the Bull Prince Rodeo charm ? (still for a throwsin)

Thank you very much for your help !

running reduces your chance to block to 1/3 and it means you get hit 100% of the time.
walking gives you full block chance and normal chance to get hit (according to your defense).

the speed difference between the two is almost insignificant, so pretty much everyone just walks.

you'll just have to accept that it's rare or you're unlucky. class only items are more rare, as well as some other items (usually the more powerful ones).

yes it can drop anywhere in Destruction and probably most of terror. there's no special place to farm it. places with set drop bias or places where there's a large amount of monsters with a high monster density of monsters with a decent level that you can kill quickly. depends on your killspeed and survivability.

I forgot some of the summons, but void archon is very good. you can use the search function to find a good list of reanims, there have been a number of threads/questions like that already.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ron70 on Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:44 pm

Thank you very much for the answers ItalianPower and Quirinus !

ron70
Thunder Beetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:46 pm

@archon256 wrote:Using a cross-bow (or a bow) with Fortress seems kinda silly, sure you get the on-striking proc but if you had a melee weapon (or even a throwing axe or knife) you could attack while Fortress is blocking all your ranged skills.

I like using the TU Glaive like that. You get the Fortress on kill proc and you can also go around Thunderslamming and Stormblasting with it. Base damage is shit, but you can get around that with CB from Wolf Stance/Rainbow gems or flat damage from Lion Stance.

Yeah, I don't know why he advocates using Fortress for that build, x-bows don't have very many on-striking procs.

As far as why you would use a non-javalin ranged weapon with Fortress.....Al's Revenge + Locust Hive + Dear Esther + Fortress = Arrow Side. lol.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggeli on Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:25 pm

Hey, The Black Road Challenge got no level restriction yes?

Maggeli
Hungry Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by capone999 on Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:37 pm

hi all,

I'm searching for a new caster sin so can anyone help me with some hint where to find "Pyroblast" on rare items or craft...i have in mind ssu hatched hands and all is one gloves...but im sure i have seen the skill on rare something.

tnx in advance

capone999
Jungle Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:41 pm

@Maggeli wrote:Hey, The Black Road Challenge got no level restriction yes?
Correct. I like to do it at 120 after I get all the easy charms from Destruction.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cowking on Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:18 pm

@Quirinus wrote:
@cowking wrote:Forgot to ask, how many times does tantrum hit per second? I have some kind of weird memory it's 25, but I'm not sure.

What about whirlpool?

ND for both is 4 I think, so that means they can't hit again after 4/25 of the second after each hit. tantrum used to be 0 at one point I think (in MXL 2012).

I noticed in version log the latest update shows no ND.

Code:
Omega 002 -> Omega 003
- Tantrum: reverted v002 nerfs (no longer has ND) but slightly reduced duration.

ND table shows whirlpool having ND of 1, but no info about number of hits.

cowking
Clawstorm Terror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:25 pm

From testing i see that whirlpool multihits, so if it multihits and has a ND of 1 probably it hits 25 times per second.

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:08 pm

@romanN1 wrote:From testing i see that whirlpool multihits, so if it multihits and has a ND of 1 probably it hits 25 times per second.

i think it hits like twice per second; but im too lazy to check

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:57 pm

Yea, I don't have Ultimative missiles.txt so I can't check what's now.

In MXL 2012 005 and Omega 003 Whirpool has a ND of 4, and according to the logs, it wasn't changed.

I'm not sure if Tantrum has 0 or 4 (used to have 4), but for some reason I think it has 4. I could be wrong, but who knows what Marco changed in the early versions... the version log doesn't have all the detailed changes from those versions iirc.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 100 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 53 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum