Short Questions Thread

Page 96 of 100 Previous  1 ... 49 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Short Questions Thread

Post by Wotan on Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:24 pm

@Quirinus wrote:I think marco even made it work with ranged.
He did.

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tencanek on Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:08 pm

@Metalistas wrote:Assassin oskill SMG:
what is the range of it ?
is it auto targeting like ATMG ?
what is the difference between 1 SMG and 2 SMG ?
it knockback enemies intended ?

13,3 yards as i remember in MXL 2012 005
no, its channeling spell, just like real SubMachine Gun
idk, prolly mana cost is higher
yes!

Regarding Belial in previous question, usually he pounces on me immediatelly at the entrance of level as soon i enter, best way to kill him is with psn sorc with smaxed hive

tencanek
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiga on Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:34 pm

I'd like to get some advice on where i should fill in the gaps in my skilltree. In short, which stance should I use and should I use wolves or spirits?

My thoughts/questions on the subject: Getting the defensive bonus from my wolves being close to me sounds great in theory.. But how close do I have to be to get this bonus? And does this radius increase as i put more points into it? If i have to be really close to my wolves then I'd imagine I'd have to rely on spirit walk to get this bonus, which, to be honest, sounds like a really annoying gameplay style.

As far as stances go, wolf stance sounds like it'd be the most useful, but I'd like to hear other people's thoughts on the subject.

Facts about my char: I'm using shower of rocks as my main attack, and I use thunder slam to stun whenever it is available. Ancient blood and king of the mountain(not sure if this is what it's called) are my passives that I use. I stack life and mana on hit to support my build, and I use a one-handed sword and a shield. If you have any other questions about my build, please let me know.

Raiga
Hungry Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tencanek on Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:05 pm

Afaik value for spirit guide bonus is 8 yards, for shower from cock use bear or snake stance. However i would use stormblast as main skill against single targets and shower for big packs, also if you are barb you most likely have supercrap attack rating, so first of all be sure you can hit enemy in more than 90%, especially elite ones.

tencanek
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiga on Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:43 pm

Haha, yeah I forgot to even mention I'm a barb. Anyway, I've been keeping an eye on my attack rating and I've learned the hard way how important it is to do so. I''ve also been using snake stance and I used to use stormblast. I stopped using stormblast because shower of rock dmg is far superior it seems. I'm still using snake stance, which is a great dmg boost, but it seems like all those bonuses on wolf stance would help a lot (dmg,atk speed, hit recovery, crushing blow). Atk speed and hit recovery sounds particularly interesting: the faster I atk and recover from a hit, the faster I leech life. That's my train of thought atleast.

Raiga
Hungry Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:09 pm

The way poison works Shower of Rocks (with a 3/2 modifier, it'll increase your applied SS damage by 50%) is good to apply an initial tick of Snake Stance's poison. After that for any further hits you're better off switching to Stormblast. I recommend you use both (and Thunderslam). You don't need to put more than one point in any of these skills, put the rest into Snake Stance and Eagle Stance (to boost SS's damage), Spirit guide (for the defense bonus) and Runemaster.

Wolf Stance works too, but that's a different build. You won't have the slow or poison damage from Snake Stance, so you're going to have to get a good physical damage weapon (MO'd to 350% ED) and sources of elemental damage (like Jitan's Kamon TU body armor).

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiga on Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:37 pm

Thank you both for your advice, I really appreciate it. Just one thing though: Archon, could you further explain why I'm better of using stormblast(SB) after one shower of rocks(SOR)? Is this just on single targets? Otherwise I can't see the logic behind giving up that AOE dmg, especially if you want me to only put one point in SB.'

Raiga
Hungry Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gg2 on Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:44 pm

every melee skills are 1 pointer (except if you were a dual-wielder barb i guess)
He suggest to use stormblast because it hits 25times/sec IIRC
You should use SOR first because the dmg multiplier (3/2) is applied to your poison dmg ( from SS)
After that, switch to SB because it deals more dmg.
Also SOR looks godlike , but it has a nd of 4 meaning that it will hit , If I do the math right, about 6(?) times/sec (vs 25/sec for SB)

Edit : btw melee skills are 1 pointer because they don't get any benefit from Hardpoint in them.

gg2
Scaled Mutant

Marco's Favorite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:56 pm

@Raiga wrote:Thank you both for your advice, I really appreciate it. Just one thing though: Archon, could you further explain why I'm better of using stormblast(SB) after one shower of rocks(SOR)? Is this just on single targets? Otherwise I can't see the logic behind giving up that AOE dmg, especially if you want me to only put one point in SB.'
As gg2 says Stormblast hits more often than SoR. So just using Stormblast all the time is better damage-wise than SoR for every non-poison* build. It's still recommended to switch between SoR and Stormblast in areas where the -enemy AR curse it applies is useful, such as Bremmtown. But there again you don't need to spam SoR, just cast it once per mob to apply the curse.

*For poison builds, things get interesting. Explaining poison damage in Diablo 2 is complicated, but the simplified version is that "If a skill applies X poison damage per second for T seconds for a total of X*T damage, then if you hit the monster again after one second the poison damage timer just refreshes, so the total damage done is not 2*X*T, but X*T + X".
So if you have SoR with its 3/2 modifier applying 3/2*X poison damage per second over 4 seconds and 3/2*Y non-poison damage per hit (max of 6 hits per second), spamming it non-stop is going to do less damage than applying that first initial hit, and then switching to Stormblast with its 3/4*Y non-poison damage per hit (max of 25 hits per second).
In the first case the total damage done over 4 seconds is 3/2*X*4 (poison) + 3/2*Y*6*4 (non-poison) = 6*X + 36*Y
In the second case it's roughly 3/2*X*4 (poison) + 3/4*Y*25*4 (non-poison) = 6*X + 75*Y

Also,
I can't see the logic behind giving up that AOE dmg, especially if you want me to only put one point in SB
SB will also have considerable AoE even with just 1 point. All the +skills you receive from charms and gear will boost its range significantly by the time you hit end-game.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiga on Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:06 am

Awesome, thanks for being so specific! I'm new to median and was never the best at D2 when I was younger, so having things broken down so specifically is a huge help!

Raiga
Hungry Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 96 of 100 Previous  1 ... 49 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum