Hardcore Unholy Melee Paladin

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hardcore Unholy Melee Paladin

Post by Hybridreamer on Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:15 pm

Well I'm gonna make another attempt at a Hardcore showcase. I've been away for a couple of months now and I'm starting to get back into Median again.

I've decided to make an Unholy Melee paladin. I've never made a paladin in Median XL before so this should be an interesting adventure. I'm not really sure how to build it but I'm thinking of putting most of my points into Vitality for protection and maybe some into Energy. Currently I'm focusing on using Blood Thorns and will eventually get procs to deal with immunes. Not really sure what I'm going to Supermax either. Currently thinking Tainted Blood, Superbeast, Terror Strike, Blood Thorns, and maybe Stormlord.

I have just gotten to level 18 and am currently sitting outside of the Countess tower debating whether or not to storm in and show her whose the boss. I'll update with pictures tomorrow hopefully. Please feel free to leave me any advice and help as this is my first Pally ever.

Hybridreamer
Razor Fur Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hardcore Unholy Melee Paladin

Post by hellgrind on Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:31 pm

Me wrote:For me uh "meele" is more like caster paladin but in meele range because all of his skill are kinda spells and they use +spell dmg/-enemy res/+ x% dmg so this is what would use on him:
This's "high-endgame" gear so if u dont have those items u can try to craft/find other with similar options. Ofc if u want to play fully as a caster i would go for almost all crafted items.
I chose those items because i saw u focus more on fire than fire/cold dmg.

Armor: Coat of Darkness/Full Plate Mail (all version)/Natasha's Legacy
Helm: Gehenna/Eyes of Septumos/Dark Star/Warlock's Brilliance/Maiden Mother Crown/Rathma's Phantom/
Shield: Crafted Bear stance (-enemy res +res def/life ect)
Belt:  Ashaera's Armor/Dementia/Auhe rw/craft with desingerate on attack/
Gloves: Lorekeeper/Lamha Na Draoithe/Craft with stormblast on attack/
Boots: Wizard's Path/Qor rw/
Weapon: Craft with balefire on attack(use sacred war axe because of highest base min-max dmg)/Morning Fury/
Amu/rings: amu with 4sk mythal on attack, -enemy res, life, light arena | rings +1sk - enemy res nova on kill
Skillplan qweqwe (Paladin, Ultimative XIII)
And ofc good luck and don't die to hartred Andariel Very Happy

hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hybridreamer on Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:48 pm

Thanks for the info Hellgrind!

I don't think I have to worry about any of the end game equipment that you listed anytime soon haha. I've been trying to figure out what early game gear I should be looking to find. I figured basic caster stuff for armor. I think I have more issues with choosing a weapon and shield until I can start crafting.

Hybridreamer
Razor Fur Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l on Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:40 pm

id like a twitch.tv showcase  Popcorn 

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hybridreamer on Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:00 pm

You know that would be pretty awesome. Especially since I'm something of a workout freak and usually do sets of pushups and pullups after I beat quests and reach waypoints haha. Unfortunately I don't currently have internet at my apartment. I'm rarely ever home and when I am I generally have no need for the internet.  Neutral 

Hybridreamer
Razor Fur Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:06 pm

@Hybridreamer wrote:Especially since I'm something of a workout freak and usually do sets of pushups and pullups after I beat quests and reach waypoints haha.  

LOOOL

that's what I call going full yolo

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:08 am

or full homo?

EIther way i've done it hc till baal so u can too! GL my friend. u wont need it.

ED: without maxing hymn you're dead meat Wink its hc...

Will
Talic

Mr. Generosity/Former Forumer & Freak :)
TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://medianxl.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Hybridreamer on Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:44 pm

Alright so last night I finished up Act 1, all quests including Countess and beating the Smith while getting the malus.   My personal opinion is that skipping certain areas and enemies because of a higher level of danger is just stupid.  May as well just play SC then.

Countess was a piece of cake although I did have a close call as right before I killed her and ran away from the deathstrikes she cast her flame wall which I ran directly through.  Given that's how my HC Treewarden died I had a minor heart-attack.  Smith didn't give me any issues either.  I just stood there and tanked him while wacking away.  Andariel was actually a joke as I leveled up to 24 before going to fight her.  My cataclysm proc went off within the first two swings and basically one shotted her haha.  I farmed her a few times just to uptier my weapon.  Anyone think I should farm her a little more?  Loving all of the prebuffs and Blood Thorns.  I'll Occasionally use Black Sleep if I'm playing on P8 and I get swarmed.

Anywho I'm currently rocking a Rainbow Belt, Iblis Gloves, Lumen Arcana Armor, Auto Da Fe (TU Bonebreaker), Skull Lord (TU Blackguard Helm), and Catechumen (TU Aerin Shield).  Anything I haven't listed is just random magic/rare stuff I've found along the way.  

I'm not sure what merc I want to play with as of now.  I just switched to an Exemplar merc however I'm open to any and all suggestions!  

And now the screenshots!  PS not sure the best way to go about this so if someone has a better way please let me know!

Screenshots:

About to show Countess whose boss

Showed Countess whose boss

Killed the Smith

Just before Andariel

Act 1 Champion!!!

Unique Jewel I found just outside Monastery

Me doing some pushups because I found the Jail waypoint which I never do haha

Hybridreamer
Razor Fur Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:46 pm

Iblis gloves? isn't that nef runeword? Because that one is pretty much strictly worse than a jewelword (5% allres, +5 allstats) until you replace it with honorifics

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hybridreamer on Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:50 pm

@MarcoNecroX wrote:Iblis gloves? isn't that nef runeword? Because that one is pretty much strictly worse than a jewelword (5% allres, +5 allstats) until you replace it with honorifics

Haha yes it is. I mostly picked it up just for the %Fire-Spell damage boost. Gonna make honorifics next time I play. I usually start making them in Act 2 when I can farm the gold.

Hybridreamer
Razor Fur Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum