Hardcore Unholy Melee Paladin

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Hardcore Unholy Melee Paladin

Post by Hybridreamer on Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:45 am

Did a bit of Meph running tonight.  As usual didn't really get anything that I needed.  Leveled up to 45 however.  Upgraded my Mercs Fangspear to TU4 I believe and killspeed increased greatly.  

Also decided to attempt gambling some rings.  First ring I gambled was solid, every ring after that was trash haha.  

Haven't started MOing my gear for defense yet.  I was hoping to pick up a few more uniques I wouldn't have to uptier but no such luck yet.  

Spoiler:

LOOOOOOT

Gambled Ring and Stats

Wow just realized my honorific boots can't be equipped anymore... that could've been bad haha. Woops!

Hybridreamer
Razor Fur Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:00 am

rather than spend tons of money on gambling rings (well, tons is relative. it's quite a lot of change early on in the game at your current stage), once you gamble a rare ring that sucks, you could just use potions of renewals until you find one worth keeping.
it's cheaper than gambling, and all your renewals would be rare rather than with a high chance of being magic.
saves a lot of money

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hybridreamer on Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:04 am

I knew I kept you around for a reason haha thank you for that!

Hybridreamer
Razor Fur Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:33 am

@Hybridreamer wrote:I knew I kept you around for a reason haha thank you for that!

Thumbs Up 

I try my best to help where i can.

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hybridreamer on Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:01 pm

Alright so I have two questions. First I downloaded Fraps but the videos are only 30 seconds long. Any way to fix this without having to buy it?

And second way more important question I rolled a rare T5 crown shield with Bear Stance O-Skill like BasstoMouths Wraithdin guide suggests. However in his guide he says to use the ZOMG recipe to lower the items level. I didn't do this and still got the Bear Stance skill.... am I missing something?

Should've put a screenshot of the shield but I'm about to go workout and didn't plan this in advance haha. Hopefully I'll have an answer by the time I get back.

Hybridreamer
Razor Fur Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hybridreamer on Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:14 am

Sad no one answered my question about the shield  Sad

Anyways I finally got a chance to play again tonight and finished up prep for LC1.  Tiered up my weapon to T6.  Created the runeword paladin helm that grants 25% chance to cast lvl 7 lightning wall on attack. Made Queen of Glass armor and Aerin Orbiter belt.  Rare ammy grants +3 skills and not much else, both rings are +1 skill and random stats.

In addition to Mystic Orbing all my items and filling out slots.  Final -EFR came to -89% I believe. All resists maxed out.

Edit: Damage reduction is 27% with bear stance and two lucky upgraded piece of armor.

And heres the screenshot of the stats.... so am I ready for LC1?!?!

Spoiler:

Hybridreamer
Razor Fur Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:31 am

You are definitely read for LC1.
As for the bear stance, the Quality level of your crownshield is 76 (check in Docs under base items), while bear stance has an affix level of 48.
Using the affix calculator in documentation (prefixes/suffixes section):
ilvl 1 + quality lvl 76 leads to affix lvl 53
Your shield is high enough affix lvl to roll bear stance.
To summarize, your ability to roll a stat on an item is not entirely dependent solely on ilvl.
Ilvl plays a role for sure, but the quality lvl is also factored into the equation. In the case of an ilvl 1 item, quality lvl makes a huge difference. In your case, even if the ilvl was above 1, it didn't matter because quality level was high enough.

EDIT: I would also consider the TU plated belt as an offensive option over orbiter. More defense and also good stats.
Also, when you can, make Hierodule runeword in helm. It gives you sorc morph which is really strong until you get supearbeast.

EDIT2: Didn't see your question earlier lol

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hybridreamer on Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:30 am

Alright so I've completed LC1.  And a big thanks to Sexen as he sent me an older version of Fraps so I was able to record the entire thing!  Please feel free to comment on anything!

Hybridreamer
Razor Fur Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:42 pm

Great job! You made it look easy Twisted Evil

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4