Streaming MXLU through the D2SE Mod Manager

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Streaming MXLU through the D2SE Mod Manager

Post by Casyla on Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:26 pm

Hi all!
I'm new to the forum and I'm just wondering as to whether anyone has had any success streaming through the D2SE Mod Manager program.
I am currently trying with OBS but having no luck. I am able to stream the base game, without the mod manager, but I want to be able to stream MXLU with Plugy and MultiRes.

I'd love to know if this is possible.
Thanks Very Happy

Casyla
Fallen One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Streaming MXLU through the D2SE Mod Manager

Post by Str0b3l on Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:31 pm

appreciating any form of median live stream

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Segolia on Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:30 pm

I have been able to stream D2SE with DDraw in windowed mode. OBS refuses to pick up the game when it is run on glidewrapper. I have not tried D3D because I refuse to play the game full screen.

As for playing with high-res and PlugY, you might not be able to have both while using D2SE. Check the multi-res thread in the tools section; there might be a method of launching the base game via the plugY launcher with multi-res. After that it should pick it up.

Segolia
Bloody Butcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:51 pm

run windowed mode and it's easy with OBS. you can try to turn on "disable desktop composition" in the properties of the D2/D2SE shortcut, it might help.

I know I ran it with plugy and while playing realm, I never used multires though.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l on Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:38 pm

would be cool to see some hc action on stream sadly i couldnt watch the hc action of marcos stream when he did and now when i can they dont do it anymore

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Casyla on Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:40 am

I just can't get OBS to pick up D2SE at all. Disabling desktop composition doesn't help.

I have Multires and Plugy working with MXLU through D2SE already, but even while just using the core game without mods, OBS fails to recognize D2SE.

Segolia, are you using Window Capture, or Game Capture? I'd prefer to not use monitor capture, as D2SE minimizes every time it is not the focused window >.>

Casyla
Fallen One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Segolia on Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:19 am

Either Window or Game Capture should work fine, as I have used both. I have the game up and running before I launch OBS, because I noticed that sometimes it wont detect anything when you launch something while OBS is active sometimes. What video setting are you running the game under? DDraw, D3D, or Glide? Windowed or Fullscreen? Windowed DDraw should work for sure.

Segolia
Bloody Butcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by taem on Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:36 am

Then run it without D2SE. I was able to capture my videos with any video capture program (bandi, fraps, etc.) using multi, but I never used D2SE. If I could capture videos, I'm sure I could stream them also.

taem
Dark Nephalem

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

Post by Segolia on Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:46 am

@taem wrote:Then run it without D2SE. I was able to capture my videos with any video capture program (bandi, fraps, etc.) using multi, but I never used D2SE. If I could capture videos, I'm sure I could stream them also.

Livestreaming is a completely separate issue and does not relate to programs like FRAPs.

Segolia
Bloody Butcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by taem on Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:57 am

Perhaps, but it never hurts to try it anyway; besides, dl patch 1.12 takes such little time to attempt, I think it'd be worth the venture to see what happens, even if I'm completely wrong.

taem
Dark Nephalem

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum