anyone still here to help me?

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

anyone still here to help me?

Post by ehvan on Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:15 am

i recently started playing median xl ultamative, and i enjoy it. i got to destruction with only a few deaths, but now that im in destruction i cant even get past jail level one...i have max resists (77 poison) and about 39k defense. i originally started with trying an atmg sin, which did well through the end of terror but now i can do anything in destro with it...so i swapped to broadside...but for some reason i dunno if it was patched out or something but i dont have the skill premeditation. so my broadside has a like 11 second lockout...so then i tried a crucify sin...which also i cant get past jail level 1. any help with where i can farm for sacred uniques or anything? i have no idea what to do at this point and dying gets annoying.

ehvan
Glowing Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: anyone still here to help me?

Post by Asteroth on Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:18 am

Assassins are notoriously difficult to level up and get past Destruction and do all the uberquests.
To address some points:
Broadside is an immensely powerful skill and the lockout time is intentional.
you should check out some of the guides in the assassin section (kickstarter for example) and check out the walk throughs posted there.
39k defense is really nothing in destruction or even ubers in hatred. you need 6 digit defenses if you want to really notice an impact. Same with your resistances i'm afraid (but i'm not suggesting you put the effort to use pgems to raise it right now).

I'd suggest you follow the kickstarter guide and use ATMG/Wyrd build outlined there. Melee sins and hybrid sins that use broadside/crucify do exist, but they are very difficult to pull off.
If you're tired of dying, i'd suggest playing another class like necromancer or barb for diversity. They are easier to play with and when you get some uberquests done, then you can start feeding better items to your sin

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ehvan on Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:33 am

any tips on atmg then? i liked the build it was fun...but it seems like it did no dmg in destruction..would take like 30 sec to kill a pack of elite fallen which would in turn kill me before i could kill them. also thanks for the reply, feeling kinda lost in the game but i wanna keep playing it, and also was premeditation taken out? every guide im seeing says put at least 10 points in it

ehvan
Glowing Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nunger on Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:37 am

Might help if you can post up all your gear and skill build for more specific help, but I'll give a few pointers. I've recently played ATMG roughly following the kickstarter guide through to now working on killing Brother Laz, and the clearing of destruciton is definitely not as easy a step as some people suggest when you do it with no gear/charms. But a few things to keep in mind:

1. Faster Cast Rate is extremely important for an ATMG sin. The other rates are less important, the key is getting down more turrets while moving to kill mobs before they build up too much. Try and aim for at least 92%, mostly you can get it from a good 'Judge' crafted claw, check the Kickstarter guide for how to properly craft one of these. Note that I'm still using the one I crafted at ~lvl 100 is my main weapon, so take the time to get a good one.

2. %dex gems are your friend (and Io runes in shield). Max block makes a huge difference, it's more important that extra hp. So farm all your signets, put as much as you can into dex, (str only for gear, vit only after reaching max block), use P. Amethysts and craft an ATMG shield with +1% block (and +skills/+dex/+%dex if possible).

3. I won't go into specifics on gear as I haven't seen yours, but any TUs you can get with chance to cast on striking make a big difference (the whole point of the build). A good amulet with +4 skills and ctc doom on kill really helps with larger packs of mobs which ATMG suffers with a bit. (I didn't use Wyrd at all myself, if you go down the Wyrd route it might be easier and this may not be as important.) If you don't have the shrines for crafted gear, use honourific gear. Honourific gear can be extremely powerful because it only has the stats that you actually want to MO it with. Speaking of MOs...

4. Mystic orbs. Make sure all your gear requires your current level, these really help! If you want defence, use %ED on your chest and %TCD on other armour pieces, the possible increase is massive. If you feel you need more damage, use -Enemy Fire Res(up to -100%) and then %Fire Dmg MOs, it will likely be your highest elemental source of damage from ways and you should stack it.

5. If you haven't done the level challenges, do them on an alt and trade the items over. Every little bit helps in this game, the +10 atts from the lvl 0 challenge is +20 base dex (since you need less str) and some extra life, that's like 10+ extra MOs!

6. Regarding playstyle, you should always keep up shadow refuge, as much for the run speed as the damage reduction. Always be kiting, you don't gain anything by letting enemies close on you. If you have trouble with a pack, run out of LoS, set up turrets and lure them in. Also, read the LFAQ guide in the newbie section for general advice, there are some subtle things that might help a lot if you don't have a lot of experience with the game engine ie. making sure to walk and not run, I was running well into hatred first time I played Median back when.

Anyway, a few things to think about for now. I probably should get back to work. I'll check back later if you have any further questions.

Nunger
Hivehost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MUS01 on Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:39 am

I play barbarian... and I can say you: 40k of defense is good for Hatred...in Dest, even 500k is nothing... Also, assasins mainly uses hit and run tactics... If you try tank mobs, you will die...IMHO, you need block and avoid for survive?

Do You have at least 50% CTB? Do you have 50% avoid of PB? Do you use Blink for enter/run of battle? Have you maxed your ways? Do you like the hit and run tactics?

If your answers to those questions are 50% NO, you should think about play other character class, like paladin (fast teleport skill, decent defense, godly 50% DR), barbarian (insane defense, HP reg, however a semibugged skills like RM and SG and poorly %AR) or Trap rat druid if you enjoy ranged multielemental atttacks with decent defense, block and %AR.

MUS01
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:28 am

@ehvan wrote:so i swapped to broadside...but for some reason i dunno if it was patched out or something but i dont have the skill premeditation. so my broadside has a like 11 second lockout...
Broadside isn't meant to be a skill that you spam non-stop (which is a good thing!). Broadside sins are actually melee sins who switch to a throwing knife to cast Broadside, and then switch back to a melee weapon. I recommend using a Naginata.  

Also my advice: Pick up a honorific item (I prefer boots) and MO it with 30% reanimate as Skeleton and 30% reanimate as Fallen. They'll tank a ton for you. That + make sure Shadow Refuge is up at all times + spam Blink and you should be good to go.

@MUS01 wrote:I play barbarian... and I can say you: 40k of defense is good for Hatred...in Dest, even 500k is nothing...
Why are you comparing Barbarian defense to that of an assassin's?  Nope

Last edited by archon256 on Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:32 am; edited 1 time in total

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nunger on Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:31 am

Pfft anyone can tank mobs. Assassin is the way of true finesse, stick with it for a great fun late game!

But MUS01 raises a good point, I should have added:
7. Blink is stupidly strong, 25 base points in it for 1.8sec CD is a must for late game, the stun really helps out in a lot of situations. Often just to blink on ranged mobs and stun most of them before running away again, or even to blink on top of yourself as the mobs are about to close on you. Almost all non-boss mobs can be stunned and at 25 points the stun duration is longer than the CD meaning perma stun if required.

I kind of wish I recorded all my ubers along the way, I feel if I went back and recorded them now people would just say "anyone can do it with good gear" which is pretty much true.

Nunger
Hivehost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:33 am

@Nunger wrote:I kind of wish I recorded all my ubers along the way, I feel if I went back and recorded them now people would just say "anyone can do it with good gear" which is pretty much true.
Do you play on SP? I save all my leveling gear in my stash when I play.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MUS01 on Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:04 am

@Archon, I use barb defense only for show to the OP that 40k of defense is almost nothing in the game. He shows 39k of defense as a tool for survive, when assasins don't rely in this resource (but they uses Avoid and Block), while barbarians live or die with it, usually in according numbers:

assasin defense: usually >100k Barb defense: usually > 350k, 500k, etc...

MUS01
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nunger on Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:10 am

@archon256 wrote:
@Nunger wrote:I kind of wish I recorded all my ubers along the way, I feel if I went back and recorded them now people would just say "anyone can do it with good gear" which is pretty much true.
Do you play on SP? I save all my leveling gear in my stash when I play.

Yeah, I play SP. I pobably have some of the old gear, but I wouldn't know what I was wearing at each stage. I could build specific sets that would be roughly the right gear for that level, but it's more that I feel it's a wasted opportunity not doing it at the time. Going back to do it all now would only be if I wanted to make a guide or something and BassToMouth's Kickstarter Sin is better than anything I could put together already.

I'll stick to just giving some advice here and there, maybe if someone requests a specific Uber I might record something.

Nunger
Hivehost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum