Haven't Played Since Median Forever

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Haven't Played Since Median Forever

Post by Audio Blood on Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:07 pm

I just want to make sure I have the most up to date version, which appears to have been released by someone different now that Laz has stopped work on it? I just don't want to download something I shouldn't before I even begin playing/reading again.

Audio Blood
Gloom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Haven't Played Since Median Forever

Post by cowking on Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:12 pm

Most recent version is Median Ultimative XIV-b, you can download it from here.

Documentation here.

Further small/quick questions here.

cowking
Clawstorm Terror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Audio Blood on Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:16 pm

Thanks a bunch for the quick response! Has anything significant changed, or have new things simply been added? i.e. are the only level/difficulty specific things still the 2 level challenges and the ennead challenge? If everything else has no level cap I can just find it later, I just don't want to miss anyhting.

Audio Blood
Gloom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cowking on Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:20 pm

There's a quest reference page in the docs you can use to filter level specific quests.

LC0 (level 5)
LC1 (level 50)
Ennead (level 80)
LC2 (level 90)

There's also a version log in the docs you can check up on to see everything that's changed since you last played.

cowking
Clawstorm Terror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:45 pm

there's also a private realm for multiplayer

http://www.medianxl.com/h15-the-sin-war

MarcoNecroX is the "new guy" that's taken on development after Laz stopped. he was a long time MXL player on D2M realm before that all. he's also the owner of this forum, and the head admin, ofc. basically after the old forum on Laz's site got lost in a hard drive crash, marco created this forum and took over modding. (laz still posts here sometimes)

the version log that cowking said is in the docs under information.

edit:
basically, everything is harder and more difficult to cheese. inventory is bigger. some skills changed, some replaced. some affixes removed/added/changed. there's a character orb in den of evil to help with leveling a bit (drop it before lvl 120). there's a new challenge at lvl5. Hatred griswold drops the gift box that has semi-random items. sunstones challenge recipes are different. anya resistance scrolls are cubed with the sunstone of the elements charm so you can keep the bonuses after dying, instead of having to rejoin/remake. staff & amulet drop at altar in act2, full khalim's flail drops at travincal. terror griswold drops the special box with different contents. there's a bunch of new ubers, most are for the very endgame. most ubers are a bit modified and harder + more difficult to cheese, as I said before. there's a new tier of sacred uniques, SSSU. some item stats have been changed/balanced. a few new sets. new late game runes and rws. there's a bunch of new recipes that will make cubing a lot easier than in cMXL. 1 new shrine. shrine vessels. lottery/more lucky/luck trial recipes... and more. oh and... destruction baal is basically a heroic boss, so you might want to delay doing him until you're stronger.

95%+ of the information you'll want to know as you play are in the docs that cowking linked, the rest you can ask in the short questions thread that he linked, and the other part you can find in the guide section or by using the search function.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum