Lets Play: Median Xl Ultimative XV

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Lets Play: Median Xl Ultimative XV

Post by Alpha-Omega on Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:20 pm

I prep(= prepare?) offline at the moment, but soon i will make some tests online as well.(I dont use hamachi very often, but if it is wished i can also make some videos there with some offline players) The LP will be played online on TSW and you can all feel free to join my games while i stream.
Also i have still some questions open for all of you. Which are the following:
1. Which character would you like to see?
2. How long should 1 video of the LP last? (Maybe different Durations since i needed over an hour to kill Triune)
I will upload some test videos (on youtube and/or twitch) from my offline characters soon. Criticize them, tell what i can improve. Im open to all.
First test video is uploaded on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj4RssjUuEd-3Hm6IqBjA8g

Alpha-Omega
Bloodfire Rogue

TGGood None

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:57 pm

Hmmm. We should make notes of what we know about the patch right alpha?

I mean what is known so far Very Happy

(and my personal opinion: go with 1-Your best or most fun char because its you making the commitment. Or go with Treewarden bc early on is fun and I still think good later on Very Happy). I'll supply items if need.

2-I think half hour to 15 minute chunks are nice but thats my opinion Very Happy

LP=Ladder?

Will
Talic

Mr. Generosity/Former Forumer & Freak :)
TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://medianxl.net

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:24 am

1. Quick suggestion - Don't spend time typing out things in-game if possible, for things like explaining what the video is about. It's faster to just put it in the description of the video and the viewers don't have to wait and watch you type Very Happy

2. What builds people like to see will vary from person to person, but I think everyone can agree that we'd like to see something that's quick (both movement and at clearing monsters) so that we can see more content in the same time. Also my personal tastes tend towards builds that require using multiple skills instead of just spamming the same attack all the time. That spices up the gameplay for both the player and the viewers.

3. Depending on how much of the game you want to cover you could probably get away with shorter durations. I'd skip boring areas like the A2 deserts, A3 jungles etc. and focus on 10-20 min videos of areas with high monster density or boss fights. If you're planning on show-casing end-game ubers, don't spend too much time just farming. All you need to do is show a few minutes of gameplay in Fauztinville, TA etc. to show how you farm them usually. Instead I'd suggest focusing more time on completing the uberquests and collecting charms, since those have a clear goal in mind.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:32 am

yet most players prefer spamming 1-2 skills. (I don't like it either for the record)

Will
Talic

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:20 am

@archon256 wrote:1. Quick suggestion - Don't spend time typing out things in-game if possible, for things like explaining what the video is about. It's faster to just put it in the description of the video and the viewers don't have to wait and watch you type Very Happy

I told him that in the first page - didn't seem to understand what I was trying to say.
Record the video, then add description in the video via video editing tool. Description below the video is a good idea only if you do that one specific thing- otherwise its a wall of text.

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:38 am

@Will wrote:yet most players prefer spamming 1-2 skills. (I don't like it either for the record)
Well it's more convenient to play that way, but I can't think of a reason for why they'd prefer to watch a build that only spams 1-2 skills compared to one that switches a lot Razz So it's probably a good idea to play a build that uses multiple skills depending on the scenario.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Banned on Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:18 am

I like to KISS (Keep it Sophistically Simple) while build my chars. If i do it right for the most of the game i need only 1-2 skills because one of them is one type of damage and the other is to counter the immunes to 1st one. Buffs, debuffs, stance are just a preference if everything works without them and for the most part it does. For the most parts i don't even bother with necro's burning veil.
All in all you need 1-2 good damage skills, 1 skill to increase/decrease distance. Specific ubers need specific skills of course, but it can be narrowed aswell.

Banned
Cathedral Drow

Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha-Omega on Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:30 pm

Wow, didnt expect so many comments in such a short time.
Anyways i try to answer every post now Very Happy
@ will: my fun char would be assassin, but with her, i will only use shadow refuge/broadside/atmg sentry/blink (LP = Lets Play)
@ archon256: yes i know i shouldnt type, but i was to bored of editing the video (takes so much time), will put the information in the description next time. A quick build, which uses various skills? Hm, i can only think of an Pala or Necro for using many different skills(which are most buffs or summons). Palas have a speedbuff so they are quick too, where necros move kinda slow. With other classes i only use a very low amount of skills Very Happy
Ofc i will cut some boring parts out. (most of the pre 120 won't be on video)
@ Wotan: yes it was just to much work for me at that moment (had no time)
@ Banned: i like to KISS too (the real thing Very Happy). As i play Assa/Ama most times i have always enough different sources of dmg with only 1 skill (barrage/broadside).

One more thing: I didnt find out how i can make the video in more then 480p. Also its not full screen (its more like a square) and it lags sometimes(or spikes?). Is that no problem for you guys?

Alpha-Omega
Bloodfire Rogue

TGGood None

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:32 pm

I like to FUCK with my assassin (Fight Using Clod Kicks)

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:12 pm

haha@marco.

@OP
With assa if it's not a nagi assa which it isn't.... I wouldn't mind atmg!
Because:
I personally haven't used atmg in a while *since 1.d9 or whatever of Median. Yes I realize its kinda popular but still....the changes would help me out for one Smile

I can teamviewer (TV) or msg you, re: your screen higher making it to 800x600 using regular methods (vidtest and/or vidtest on D2SE). Currently its the only mode allowed on realm higher than 640x480. I can also work with you with or without TV for the above other issue of finding the mode that lags you least and server that lags you least depending on Location on the globe.
Same thing with FUll Screen or -w (windowed) mode Very Happy

#3: Have you considered yet a different bowazon or even amazon build. I'd like to see rotating java skills and might be fun for players like me who dislike javazons but understand them...just not always when to use which skills Smile

Will
Talic

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum