Just got my first character to 120

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Just got my first character to 120

Post by Audio Blood on Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:31 am

Destruction is an absurd jump up in difficulty from Terror, woah. I'm not really sure what I want to do now but I guess I wanna start with finishing the story line to get the extra skill points and resists(I'm at 75 all, but I assume some enemies have a reduction aura).

I guess this topic has no purpose, I'm just happy to hit 120.

Audio Blood
Gloom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Just got my first character to 120

Post by munkyh3ad on Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:14 am

Congrats. But post screenshots of your char screen and tell us your skillplan. Or at least tell us your class, so you might get some pointers to have an easier time in Destruction.

munkyh3ad
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hellgrind on Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:19 pm

Or better, make a guide how do you get to the lvl 120.

hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:37 pm

Congrats! That feeling must be great. Smile

Back in the day, Destruction used to be just a continuation of Terror, in terms of difficulty. Then Laz decided to shrink the 3 difficulties into 2, and make the new Destruction almost hard as an uber - to prepare players for ubers (the jump in difficulty from Destruction to ubers was larger before that change iirc). Before that, you couldn't get Sets there.

Btw, don't take this the wrong way, but:
I'll leave this open as you're new and since we're not total nazis, but please put more effort into thread OPs (stuff like munky pointed out), especially if you post it in General Discussion (this section is usually for more serious discussions, and this isn't a discussion). Opening a thread to post 2-3 lines of text and no effort is usually a no-no. On more strict forums this thread would be closed in 2 sec.

Still not sure if this should be here or in Showcase or Newbie section, so I'll leave it here, if some admin/mod knows better, move it.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Audio Blood on Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:40 pm

I'm a sorceress, and on my phone so I can tell you what I'm using.

My skill plan is to max snow queen, get really strong max snow elemental and use lorenado with one point in vengeful power. I also have familiar maxed and the skill that makes me so more damage and full hp.

My items are a unique ring with +1 to skills, an amulet with the same, the durb-something unique t6 staff, nightscape t6 unique armor, a bad rare circlet, and honorific gloves belt and boots to give my minions resists and myself poison damage and resists.

Audio Blood
Gloom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Audio Blood on Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:54 pm

That is my current gear. If anyone has advice that would be appreciated. I guess I probably should have put this in newbie help, sorry!

Audio Blood
Gloom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hellgrind on Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:39 pm

U can always follow this guide:
http://www.medianxl.com/t1107-v6d-e-fminiguide-poison-sorc-for-farming
And for the future reference, this is not "outdated" guide if u know what to do.

hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:49 pm

You forgot to use a luck potion (see Charsi) on all you gear.
You should also MO your gear. Armor with Enhanced defense. Staff with -enemy resistances or +spell dmg.
jewelry (rings/ammy) with -enemy resistances or +spell dmg or regenerate mana (if you run out really fast during skill spamming).
Add Jah runes to body armor (for more defense), and spell dmg runes (and later jewelry) to rest of gear (not honorifics though). Add perfect diamonds to staff

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanashi on Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:11 pm

Very important rule as well: don't be afraid to twink.

I know this might be small thing to most players. I remember telling Asteroth and the others as well when I wasn't at 120 yet that I found MO-ing at sub-120 levels a waste of time and effort and gold (lol at last argument). Turns out it wasn't.

It wasn't until I let go of that purist thinking that I found it very enjoyable. Started with "noob" MOs like LAEK or on-hit life/mana but later on it scaled so well that I really found it hard to believe I never did it before. Same logic with runes. As long as it's not the Xis, just put anything that you want in to your slots.

Some people here can attest that I played only one character (assassin) since I started back in April. Took me 3 1/2 months to break Bhaal in Destruction and that was only when I decided to MO that fucking Creed set, lol.

Anyway, on topic:

Spell damage, spell damage, spell damage. Asteroth's suggestion for mana-regen is good, but if you kill fast enough and your spells are strong enough, MAEK can make up for the quick consumption of mana.

Also, most general and applicable of all: make sure you hit -199 enemy resists no matter what. As a poison-cold sorceress, you should make those two elements your top priorities. Doesn't mean crap if you have really good summons and poison damage if your enemies can shrug off majority of your offensive power.

Nanashi
Daystar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:39 pm

Heh, good to see you've come to your sense on the MO thing. It's one of the best things about MXL honestly - you can take any item and spend a bit of effort on it to make it suit your build (doubly so with honorifics).

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum