Questions about Open Bnet

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Questions about Open Bnet

Post by savxx420 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:51 am

Hi guys,

I've played medianXL (not ultimative) last november in single player and recently my friend and I want to try it over open battle.net. My questions are:

-Do the drops for uberquests and challenges etc. drop more than one item if there are 2 people in the game or will we have to do each challenge twice?

-Does the game work alright over open bnet or would it be preferred to figure out all this stuff about TSW? I am a bit new to modding and I ruined my laptop by downloading some registry file that broke everything when trying to get TSW to work. I am using another computer to play open bnet with my friend.

That's basically it. I enjoy finding out about builds and things on my own so all my questions are about getting multiplayer to work.

Thank you!

savxx420
Fallen One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions about Open Bnet

Post by Quirinus on Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:15 am

- Twice.

- Does not work? I don't know what open battle.net means, but I think it's that same thing as closed, but allows the use of SP characters, if that's the case, it still requires a server, which you don't have unless you connect to TSW (and TSW doesn't support open battle.net, only closed). But you can use a virtual network like Hamachi (very easy to set up) to play over TCP/IP with your friend using your SP characters.

- TSW is obviously on Ultimative, but is a real realm. It's actually easy to set it up, imo it's worth it going from SP to TSW realm, and from cMXL to Ultimative.

This might help in deciding:
http://www.medianxl.com/h15-the-sin-war

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions about Open Bnet

Post by usual on Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:47 am

@Quirinus wrote:I don't know what open battle.net means, but I think it's that same thing as closed, but allows the use of SP characters, if that's the case, it still requires a server, which you don't have unless you connect to TSW (and TSW doesn't support open battle.net, only closed). But you can use a virtual network like Hamachi (very easy to set up) to play over TCP/IP with your friend using your SP characters
afaik it's blizz servers, but uses your locally stored files. loads of kids with cheated gear who will drop charms that will make your char unplayable when you pick them up Mr Green

open b net should work but if you're going to play online, better go all the way. loads of friendly people online. you won't be able to play your sp chars on tsw though.

make sure you have the righ patch for tsw (1.13c, this is NOT the latest d2 patch, your d2 may have auto-updated to a later version. check out this link: http://www.medianxl.com/t911-howto-rollback-from-113d-or-any-version). if you have a clean install and the gateway thingie all set up, it should work. if it still doesn't some tech-savvy person may be able to help you out if you post more technical details. Booty Shake

anyways, what do you mean when you say "broke everything"?

usual
Cog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum