though #trashsawremix

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ouchy's dirty old man showcase

Post by tencanek on Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:56 pm

Do you use any of your oskills, like abyss? For example in fauzt? Mobs move fast like hell, which make them ideal food for that wide-AoEish radius.

tencanek
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnWayne on Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:47 pm

Can you give me some general tips and hints on gameplay? like earlygame etc? would be awesome Smile

JohnWayne
Blood Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:06 am

@strobel there's nothing wrong with a little trap music. Cool

@tencanek I actually get some decent damage out of abyss with that setup (like 60kish) but it's a sorc spell, I've never used a sorc spell, and I have no idea how to use it worth a damn. Laughing Brimmstone melts the screen almost as fast as it lags it and plague avatar can do some pretty obscene damage and works nicely it fauzt.

@ JohnWayne Like tips in general or for this build? Totemancers don't really need gear per se (you could probably do dunc naked if not for the jumps, even then it'd be neat to see...) and there isn't a whole lot of interesting gear to chose from. Eurynome is nice as you get all the high speed casting goodness of a 2h staff and it comes with a strong oskill to boot (that I'm also not very good with). Past that, do not forget lc2 under any circumstances, disregard females acquire currency, and look for any spell damage auras you can double stack to make your totems stronger. I happen to like dagda rw as a ghetto option before you can get your hands on something more broken. Also get comfortable with using bend the shadows relatively quickly, dodging instagibs (like dunc barrels) keeps your summons/totems alive which is important as resummoning slows you down. Your totems also benefit from positioning them properly. Frostclaw is best at relatively close ranges, stormeye benefits from lining enemies up (teleport away to make them chase, recall your old cow herding skills) and fireheart is kind of a multipurpose bridge between the two. Some good BtS tactics:

BtS spam: Shown at the end of the duncraig video. Spam bend the shadows on your totems to keep your army packed together. Summons like to wander off stupidly so spamming to keep them away from short bouts of danger is useful. Its also good as it piles your summons up on you to serve as meat shields.

Telestomping: At higher defenses it becomes quicker to roll with frostclaw over stormeye as your secondary totem and jump into packs of enemies.

If you're having trouble targeting a summon to move quickly or you anticipate you will have trouble (like when teleporting into groups of enemies) it is helpful to spam 2 or 3 shadows instead of trying to target a single shadow.

Also note that you can prebuff the crap out of them with elixers of power +hounfor for 25 free levels into your totems. Since I use vizharan on switch I don't bother with hounfor anymore as its not really worth the tedium but picking up the occasional psaphire is easy in ubers and you can get 500 crafting points through jewelry MOs or the bremmtown reward so making elixers is a non issue.

I'm either going to post a sewers/chrysaor/secret chrysaor (tried him once but forgot assurs bane, think I can get him though even though heroic shields hate me) or a cheaply geared version soon. I swear I'm going to update this thread!

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum