1.12a Mercmod

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 1.12a Mercmod

Post by IceLancer on Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:27 pm

On brief test it seems to me that mod is working for 1.13 but graphics is off..?
I saw ring being displayed under weapon slot.

.dc6 needs update perhaps?

Last edited by IceLancer on Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

IceLancer
Cabalist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whist on Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:10 pm

@taem, addresses change with every version, except for a couple of dll such as fog for example. Btw I wouldn't take this as an example for your learning process, the code, from a quick look at it, is messy, has lots of incorrect/inexact code, etc

whist
Nihlathak

Huehuehue™

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by naut on Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:55 pm

@taem wrote:

Interesting read. I wonder if the asm pointers didn't change between 1.12a and 1.13c, then with some slight modifications, if this could be made to work for 1.13c? Check out "d2_112a_asm.S" for example, all the .globals are modifying the merc directly. If those asm locations are the same, I wonder if all you'd have to do is change the lingo from, for example, +int patch_112a(void);, to +int patch_113c(void); ? I admit, I don't know much about C# yet, but I can clearly see this mod injection code to D2Client.dll at memory location 0x8a620d68, d2common.dll at 0xe3fd0984, d2game.dll at 0xec2509e8, and d2win.dll at 0xeb6f09cd, so if none of those changed between patches, I bet with some tweaking this could be modified for 1.13c. Lol, this is really wetting my appetite for learning C# and asm now more than ever! I wonder what PC_Max is beneath all the character classes in the d2.h file? This is so fucken interesting... like in STDCALL int merc_check_item_class_from_class, if the item is not a class specific item, the code passes the injection back to the regular code, and if it is a class specific item, it returns a -1 value allowing mercs to use class specific items. Lol, I could learn a lot just from reading this!

Anyways, good luck on your project there Naut.

If you are looking for a place to start learning C, I would highly reccomend picking up any of the buddy bots at thebuddyforum.com. Just start off small building some plugins for an existing base, if you start too big you will get discouraged before you even get started.

If you need some incentive, you can sell your work on the buddy store. I've made over 100grand selling work I've done over the past few years.

naut
Asatruar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kambala on Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:41 pm

uh, DemonBuddy is written in C# for example, while d2 code edits are made with C/C++...

kambala
Follower of Akarat

View user profile http://worldofplayers.ru/forums/769/

Back to top Go down

Post by naut on Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:49 pm

@kambala wrote:uh, DemonBuddy is written in C# for example, while d2 code edits are made with C/C++...

#1. D2 save code edits is hex.

#2 Open up any of of those mercmod files with notepad++ and compare them to the code used for any of the buddy bots and you will see the resemblance instantly.

naut
Asatruar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum