Need help with Treewarden

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Need help with Treewarden

Post by Jaseto on Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:31 pm

Hello i recently started playing and tried few different characters and stopped at treewarden druid.
But things didn't go the way i expected and im kinda stuck at 100+ levels on terror.
I can barely stay alive i do pretty good damage but doesn't really matter if i can't tank enough damage.
I'm at act 5 and progressing really slowly cuz it became too hard.
I don't have any charms except K3BA, Tran Athula and the character orb.
By reading ubers guides i understood the charms are being dropped by the bosses on destruction which i haven't reached yet.
By the way i can hardly do any ubers on terror i can do like 1/8 of k3ba lol i tried few others but died too fast.
I pretty much followed Necro's guide on this build but guess im doing something wrong.
Here are some screenshots of my gear and stats i'd appreciate any advice given.

Jaseto
Thunder Beetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Need help with Treewarden

Post by romanN1 on Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:34 pm

Use jitan's kamon splint mail, Rockshatter (Balanced Axe), toorc gift heavy gloves, Banner of Duncraig (Kite Shield), Lanterne Rouge (Great Helm) or Lavadome (Helm). Try to roll another supernova ring with ctc supernova on kill, +1 skills and other good mods. You can try to gamble a amulet with ctc doom+3skills+ttad. If you want a crafted weapon craft a balanced axe with ctc spikenova, high/max ED and high max damage (at least +700).

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthmaster on Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:41 pm

+ Emp. band instead of rares (singularity, bonus to life, attributes). Also Jah runes to armor. I don't believe you're poor enough to buy some Oils of Disjunction at lvl 111 Smile Don't keep your sockets empty.

Btw, if you 'run' instead of 'walking', your def is equal to 0

Stealthmaster
Infernal Machine

Master of Stealth!
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:44 pm

+1 skills and ctc supernova is better than emp bands imo but it's his choice after all Very Happy. Feel free to test both and see how they work out! Very Happy

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:47 pm

i love Nih armor on a TW, still worst part is the weapon

2 rws to look into:

Demhe
Calypso

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaseto on Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:54 pm

Gosh can you see the images there was some error and i can't see them posted myself.
I hope i didn't double-triple post them while trying to fix them.

Well i changed to this armor because it had higher defense and + to str and vit i thought i'd have a better survivability.
While i went for a 2h axe for higher dps which didn't work out that well i guess.
I don't really know for what effects to look for on amulets rings or any other items.
I don't really know what most do so i mostly ignore them.
ED% is maxed at 350% right unless you put jah runes otherwise you can't get more than that with MO's
Also i don't get the point of the armor people say you need 400k+ to be effective but it caps at 5% chance to be hit and doesn't get lower what's the point in having 1m armor if it doesn't reduce further the chance to be hit.
And is there a point to keep increase my resistance even though the current cap is 75% for me.
Is it anymore efficient if i keep on stacking resistances.
Well i followed that guide so i got the equipment listed there and changed few to improve my survivability i don't really get why am i not successful lol

Jaseto
Thunder Beetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaseto on Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:03 pm

@Stealthmaster wrote:+ Emp. band instead of rares (singularity, bonus to life, attributes). Also Jah runes to armor. I don't believe you're poor enough to buy some Oils of Disjunction at lvl 111 Smile Don't keep your sockets empty.

Btw, if you 'run' instead of 'walking', your def is equal to 0

Im not poor i have alot of gold lol but i don't know much about the mod.
Oils of Disjunction splits your socketed gems/runes from the item right so why would i use it mine are not socketed.
Told you i had plans to put jahs in sockets but couldn't find any and didn't want to downgrade my high level runes cuz i have like 20 and might have used them for something although idk for what maybe if i had found some useful runeword.
I've seen this emempyrean band ring in the list of uniques but i don't know how to get it.
I know you can craft uniques from basic white items of that type but i thought you can't craft accessories as well.
And so far it haven't dropped by any mob.

Jaseto
Thunder Beetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:06 pm

What does your class charm look like? Did you do all the minigames to give you the extra +max skill levels? Getting idol of scosglen to 25 hard points (or closer at least) should help you out a ton with survivability as you have the defense buff up for a longer portion of time. I'm also willing to bet you haven't unlocked lifeshield which will give you another huge defense bonus.

Keep a staff on switch with +skill levels or +druid skill levels for use with goodberries. I see you're using wildfire and probably chose force of nature as your uberskill but you may want to consider using faerie fire instead if survivability is your issue. What's your skillplan look like?

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaseto on Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:10 am

@The Big Ouchy wrote:What does your class charm look like? Did you do all the minigames to give you the extra +max skill levels? Getting idol of scosglen to 25 hard points (or closer at least) should help you out a ton with survivability as you have the defense buff up for a longer portion of time. I'm also willing to bet you haven't unlocked lifeshield which will give you another huge defense bonus.

Keep a staff on switch with +skill levels or +druid skill levels for use with goodberries. I see you're using wildfire and probably chose force of nature as your uberskill but you may want to consider using faerie fire instead if survivability is your issue. What's your skillplan look like?

The class charm is the base one + 1 max skills or someting like that with 2 challenges completed butcher and the greed one.
I'm putting points in those 4 skills pummel treewarden wildfire and idol.
Neither is 25 but like 18 guess i need more +skills.
As i said before im following Necro's treewarden guide so his skill plan stats items and stuff.
I took force of nature cuz my wildfire was doing hell alot of dmg so i wanted to boost it further it works pretty good actually.

Jaseto
Thunder Beetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspirine101 on Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:48 am

Ouchy, if he can't do terror levels he can't do most parts of BRC for sure. So unlocking lifeshield is a no-go here.

Stealthmaster, he doesn't have those emp bands piled up in his stash. He's new to the game, and untwinked, and it's his first char.

Jaseto, first of all like Stealthmaster said make sure you're walking, not running.
Use this spec (its for 120 but you can do the same, you'll just have less skill pts)
http://www.authmann.de/d2/mxl/skillpointplanner/?v=2012005&class=4&lvl=120&bonus=11111111110000001&skills=23_4_21_1_19_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_1_1_1_1_19_1_1_1_21_0_8_0_0_8_0_&mg=0010&sos=0&name=DuduTW

The priority of the spec (so you won't smax something just to see that you can't smax something better):
Force of nature&Goodberry&Lifeshield when you can.
TW form
Idol of scosglen until you get 5sec timer (after it it's pretty much useless to invest here, and there are way better options)
Circle of life
Note that all of the above skills ^ are smax. You put point til the end.
After you smaxed Circle of life:
1 point Summon Acid fiends
smax Elfin Weapons
smax Acid Fiends.

That's it. And you need to remember this priority (or when its time you can ask again and we'll be glad to help) because when you get some sources (mostly charms) of +to maximum skill levels you won't be able to smax so much different skills. 1 point Acid Fiends for example, should be put before everything. It's a pretty important skill and if you have all the +maximum skill levels sources at your disposal, you will see that you won't even be able to smax circle of life. Therefore put a 1 pointer into Acid Fiends before you smax anything.

Now I don't really know your playstyle but this is how it should be:
Morph
Call of the Wild buff
Summon the maximum amount of acid fiends as you can
GO GO GO
When you see mobs use Idol of Scosglen, then pummel them 'til the end!
Repeat the 2 last steps, from time to time rebuff Call of the Wild, you must also keep an eye for your acid fiends, they will die very fast with this build, so you must resummon them. The idea is not using them as tanks, you just need to have at least 1 because it gives you a very good aura. More is ofc better for obvious reasons.

I see you're using Wildfire apparently. I would not. At least not for leveling.
Why?
Lets compare Wildfire to Pummel:

Pummel: Moderate physical and magical damage attack, stuns for FIVE seconds (5 seconds is a HUGE number in a game like MXL, and pummel has no timer.) and it hits and stuns mobs all around you (if they're close ofc).

Wildfire: Very high fire damage, but only in a straight line, does not stun. Why is it worse than pummel?
First of all it hits in a straight line which isn't really pretty. You can't really gather up a feast of mobs around your wooden table tree and let them dance while you smash them. You must always turn around which isn't fun.

If you want to make your wildfire stronger, you must put fire spell damage and -enemy fire resistance stats. Why is it bad? It requires you to max an extra or two stats. With pummel, you get all the needed stats from the gear. %to str, %to dex, %enhanced damage, etc etc. Ofc there are items specifically designed for a firewarden, but they're much less.

Also, it's not critical for leveling but, if you hit mobs in a corner, wildfire would do like 1/50 of its damage, it won't spread the fire so you'll be hitting them with your ordinary physical "Attack" skill. Wildfire hits mobs with the "Attack" skill and spreads fire which is the "candy" of this skill. Since you're hitting them in a corner there's nowhere to spread the fire.

One good thing would be, according to my practice, even if wildfire missed it would spread fire. The fire is fire, it ignores defense. That means it won't be as crucial for you to smax attack rating or finding an item with ignore target defense. Which leads us to:

This isn't cLoD, mobs outside of ubers don't have physical immunity. But some mobs do have fire immunity. Which means you can't burn them with wildfire, you must pummel them to death. And if your attack rating is on zero and you don't have ITD it's gonna be a long way to kill the mob.

I tried to post all pros and cons of both skills. I love pummel more, but it's up for you to choose.
Your cap looks sucky, and you didn't show us a SS of it. If it's a craft, it's a bad craft. Because it has low def. I recommend you to craft a Spirit Mask with Creepy shrines, until you have nice stats on it along with some druid skill levels on the helm.
Alternatively use Grimspirit or Lavadome or Lanterne Rouge, first one for a pummel dru, second and third for a firewarden.

Don't really know what to post now, so I think this is the end of this long post.
Hope I helped!

Edit1: Added Lifeshield to priority List

Last edited by aspirine101 on Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Lifeshield to priority List)

Aspirine101
Lord Primus

Islamic B&D Princess
TGGood None

View user profile http://lmgtfy.com/?q=median+xl.com

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum