Lucky Bonus bug? or IDK

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lucky Bonus bug? or IDK

Post by XeNiM666 on Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:31 am

So I just found out about the Blessed/Oil of Luck after not playing MXL for about a year.
I tried it on my items , some of them received the bonus though.

Though I did notice some things about it .
For example, I tried it on rings. Those that already have a +% Spell damage isnt affected, at all, of the rings I tried with +% spell damage ( I cant be THAT unlucky right? ).
So I tried it on armors since its much more common than +%spell damage on rings. Same effect. Of all the 100++ armors that already have +%enhanced defense didn't receive any bonus. Though sometimes it applies the Damage Reduced by %, but NEVER the +% enhanced defense.

Not really sure if im REALLY REALLY unlucky or thats the way they work? or a bug?
Can someone tell me?

BTW, I'm consulting the official documentation everytime I play. XD

XeNiM666
Thunder Beetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lucky Bonus bug? or IDK

Post by Nunger on Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:46 am

I can confirm that the ED% can increase from luck potions on armour that already has ED%. Have seen it many many times. Can't confirm/deny the %spell dmg without trials but I find it hard to believe since the coding would be quite simple for adding a stat ie. a lucky roll adding spell damage should be similar code to just adding fire dmg from MOs I would expect.

I would expect however that it wouldn't allow armour to go above the 350% ED cap if the armour you were using was already at cap. Unlikely, i know, but just a possibility which may have skewed your results.

Might try to roll some spell dmg rings and lucky them when I get home if no one can confirm before then.

Nunger
Hivehost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:51 am

You aren't duping the same item over and over and basing it off of all those failed attempts are you?

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by powtek on Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:54 am

DOCS wrote:

Weapon: +(40 to 60)% Enhanced Damage and/or (100 to 200)% Bonus to Attack Rating
Armour: +(40 to 60)% Enhanced Defense and/or Damage Reduced by (1 to 2)%
Amulet: +(1 to 2) to All Skills
Ring: +(10 to 15)% to Spell Damage
Quiver: (5 to 10)% Bonus to all Attributes
Jewel: +(2 to 4) to Strength and/or +(2 to 4) to Dexterity and/or +(2 to 4) to Energy and/or +(2 to 4) to Vitality

You are just that unlucky.

powtek
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by XeNiM666 on Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:55 am

@Nunger wrote:I can confirm that the ED% can increase from luck potions on armour that already has ED%. Have seen it many many times.

So I guess im THAT unlucky?

@The Big Ouchy wrote:You aren't duping the same item over and over and basing it off of all those failed attempts are you?

Nope, picking up random items XD
+ My current equipment already has Already Upgraded on them haha
Why though? Do duped items either always fail or always succeed?

XeNiM666
Thunder Beetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nunger on Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:04 am

Yep. Duped items, also duplicate the "luck" factor inherent in the item. It's a bit like a hidden stat on the item. If it fails once, all dupes of the same item will fail. Rerolling the item, say from a dragon or oil of renewal will, however, reroll the "luck" factor as well.

Nunger
Hivehost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by munkyh3ad on Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:30 am

A guy was asking if it's possible to get the max spell dmg on rings and i have showed this before in the short question thread, so here it is:

The max "+% spell damage" that can spawn on rings is 15% and with "Blessed Oil of Luck, that can give a max of 15%, it totals at 30%.

Also note that "+% spell damage" is actually "+% poison & cold & physical/magic & lightning & fire spell damage" compiled into one stat. So if a ring already has let's say "+% cold spell damage" as an affix and the oil is successful you will get "+%" to cold and also equal "+%" to other elements. Here is a pic of this:

I have over 70 rings with successful (Blessed)Oil of Luck applied, so the bonus can be applied, but it's a chance of 15%-20%, just keep at it and you will eventually get it. And be aware that the Oil is actually a reveal recipe, the item either has the bonus or doesn't, so items that are duped will have same result everytime you try. Rerolling gives you a new item and so a new chance to reveal the bonus.

munkyh3ad
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by XeNiM666 on Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:59 am

Guess im just SEVERLY unlucky.. >. <

Thanks for the quick answers! Now I know NOT to sell items that I already have.. xD

XeNiM666
Thunder Beetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:08 am

@munkyh3ad wrote:A guy was asking if it's possible to get the max spell dmg on rings and i have showed this before in the short question thread, so here it is:

The max "+% spell damage" that can spawn on rings is 15% and with "Blessed Oil of Luck, that can give a max of 15%, it totals at 30%.

That's a damn nice ring

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum