Game macanics questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game macanics questions

Post by supernolanbeta on Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:12 am

Say I have two buffs, path of flames and bloodlust. And the bloodlust has a lot of elemental damage increase/ spell damage. And therefore the spell damage from the bloodlust would increase the damage of the path of flames.
Would there be a difference in the damage of the path of flames if I cast the bloodlust before the path of flames rather than the opposite. I'm sure if I cast bloodlust first and then path of flames the spell would receive the spell damage from the bloodlust buff. but I'm wondering if the already active path of flames buff would be effected by a spell damage change from say a bloodlust cast afterwards.

I also wondered the same thing about a weapon damage buff like, war spirit. If I cast war spirit with one weapon and then switch to another weapon. Would the weapon damage from the Novas of the war spirit be from the previous weapon equipped when it was casted or the currently equipped weapon?

I have noticed that with a certain amount of block rate, the block animation seems to be skipped, as if avoiding the damage. I think it's something like 75% faster block rate. Is there an amount of faster hit recovery that can skip you through the getting hit animation? And what is the maximum amount of hit recovery anyone could ever need? Is there a number where youn say no character/build will ever need more than xx amount of hit recovery. Because getting more than that will improve nothing.

The attribute "ignore targets defense", does this mean you have a 95% chance to hit anything? Or does it only take effect after you have already hit the target once like all the other target stuff such as blindes target, freezes target.

Does the "when struck" proc trigger when hit by a spell? Or is it only ranged and mele (weapon dmg) kind of attacks that trigger it?

supernolanbeta
Fireblood

TGBest None

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game macanics questions

Post by mahitovec on Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:32 am

you have to cast bl first then path of flames
novas should have current weap dmg not dmg when you activated it
yes 95 chance to hit but doesnt work on bosses
spells not triggering when struck

mahitovec
Shadowgate Totem

TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://www.twitch.tv/d0sm0t

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:33 am

buffs stats are calculated dinamically

as for fbr/fhr: http://www.medianxl.com/t5893-speed-mechanics-explained-updated-speedcalc

For itd, the effect is instant. And it's against non-bosses only. <-- some people apparently don't know that.

When struck is for phyisical weapon damage. When damaged works with everything

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whist on Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:39 am

@mahitovec wrote:you have to cast bl first then path of flames

No... Don't spread false information. To answer the question, the damage is calculated in real-time and therefore there is no difference. Same deal for the war spirit question. One thing that is worth mentioning here though is, stacking buff duration bonus and elemental/physical damage bonus before casting bloodlust is good, as the bonuses are kept after you unequip the buff items, that is, until the buff ends. For example, when I was playing melee sorc, I had the +12 sorc skills staff on switch, socketed with nih runes, to prebuff baneblade. The nih runes greatly improved the duration, and the +12 skills increased the granted total character defense bonus a lot. (as far as I remember, it was an extra 110% tcd or so Razz )

whist
Nihlathak

Huehuehue™

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:27 am

Thread moved to Newbie Help section.

^what they said.

this might also help with other mechanics:
http://www.medianxl.com/t1115-mxlu-faq-mechanics-guide

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:54 pm

@MarcoNecroX wrote:buffs stats are calculated dinamically

as for fbr/fhr: http://www.medianxl.com/t5893-speed-mechanics-explained-updated-speedcalc

For itd, the effect is instant. And it's against non-bosses only. <-- some people apparently don't know that.

When struck is for phyisical weapon damage. When damaged works with everything

Actually it doesn't work against any unique units (or players and their hirelings).

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:56 pm

yea, but against most of them it doesn't really matter, because they melt almost as fast as other monsters. xD

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum