Looking for Amazon/general advice

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Looking for Amazon/general advice

Post by Danjen on Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:03 am

Hi guys,
Long time player here and I had a few questions I thought you guys could help me with. I am running Diablo LoD v1.13c, PlugY 10.00, and Median XL 2012 v005 (this is the version I am most familiar with, also the latest one from Laz's lander site, I think)

Anyways, I'm doing an Amazon, just hit about 95. My characters always seem to peter off sometime between Terror and Destruction, and I'm not sure how to give them that oomph. I usually end up making a glass tank Assassin caster, but I decided to roll with a Bowazon this time. Build is pretty simple, most of the damage comes from Curare, Dragonlore, and Barrage, and that last bow skill that shoots the dragons out. Item-wise, I've been focusing on IAS, and have about +200%. Normally I play on players 8, but after Act 1, I had to drop down to players 1, because I just die in 1 hit.

I'm not too keen on shrine-crafted items, since the effects on certain tiered uniques seem to be better, but this might just be a case of me not knowing how to itemize properly. Most of my stuff is either rare with +skill(s), or T6 unique. I don't know if I can easily unlock my Black Road skill either, since I have had bad luck with defeating the Butcher since he got his invincibility shield. Anyways, any advice you guys could give me would be great!

Danjen
Blood Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking for Amazon/general advice

Post by MarcoNecroX on Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:17 am

With bowazon you only need 32% IAS to hit the fastest attack speed if you're using Ecstatic Frenzy. If you're not using it, then use it. After reaching 50% attacker slow from Defensive Harmony, and a crapton of resistances from gems and life from Paragon, bowzon logic is pretty straightforward: DMDND (dead monsters do no damage). If you're dying, get more damage. You can make abandoned crafts for %dexterity and +dex, and orb them with -enemy resists until you get -100 fire/light/cold. Basically, more damage. Make sure you're running because there's no reason not to. And get more damage. WDM procs such as arrow are very good.

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjen on Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:54 am

So... 82% is the IAS cap? I was using Ecstatic Frenzy for a while, but once I hit 90, I respecced and dropped it and put points into Balance for some much-needed defense (Moon Knights and their teleport hits, etc). I find I tend to spray arrows at everything until something gets close, so it kinda helps to tank the occasional guy that gets too close.

Is there a particular unique or runeword I should get? Looking at the list, the Curse bow word looks pretty solid (300% ED at best). I'm guessing that I want a high dex because of the +% weapon damage? Most people seem to suggest that from what I've seen, but it didn't seem like it was that big of a factor.

Danjen
Blood Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:44 pm

no, the cap is 200% ias. But the 50% ias from ecstatic frenzy is more than 50% item ias because it doesn't suffer from penalties ( http://www.medianxl.com/t5893-speed-mechanics-explained-updated-speedcalc )

crafted bows with 40% ctc arrow on hit are usually pretty good

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:49 pm

40%?

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:52 pm

25%* im old

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:55 pm

Damn, I thought you knew some secret crafting recipe or something Very Happy

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hellgrind on Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:35 pm

Early-mid game gear:

Armor: Albrecht's Revenge (Chain Mail)/Jitan's Kamon (Splint Mail)
Helm: Topspin (Skull Cap)/Auriel's Halo (Tiara)/Haareis (Diadem)/Jah rw in circlet
Gloves: Featherclaw (Chain Gloves)/Dex craft/honorific res-dex gloves
Belt: Deadfall (Heavy Belt)/Vith rw
Boots: Death Spur (Heavy Boots)/Dex craft/honorific res-dex boots
Weapon: Ber wr in bows(works with amazon bows too)/Flowerspring (Stag Bow)/Herald of Skartara (Reflex Bow)
Arrows: Locust Hive/Hanabigami(they lag but they are good too)
Rings: 2x rare +1sk nova on kill/ulysie curse on kill res ect./Empyrean Band
Amu: rare +4(after lucky bless) +x TTAD +Doom on kill res/stats

end-game to very end-game gear:

Armor: Scales of the Serpen/Segnitia/Natasha's Legacy RW/keep jitan's or albrecht's
Helm: Gehenna/Rathma's Phantom/Crest of Arnazeus/Rainbow Maiden/Ylfe Ban/Asgardsreia/keep jah rw
Gloves: Dex craft/Facebreaker/Deamon Touch/
Belt: Dex craft/Ghal rw/Lilith's Temptation(for mf buff)
Boots: Dex craft/Qor rw(tanky reanimates)/Lifecrusher/Titan's Steps/Knight's Grace
Weapon: Dear Esther(aim for good roll)/most bows are good, aim for wdm proc on them/Horned Hunter/Chasmstriker/Auhe-Ghal rw in bows(works on ama bows too)
Arrows: keep Loctus Hive/Bag of Tricks
Rings: keep rare/2x Bad Mood Ring/Adrenaline Rush-Elemental Ban(for buffs)
Amulet: keep rare/Beads of the Snake Queen/King

If u dont have those items but have full ama bow set use set. It's very good option between getting very rare ssu/sssu items.

hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by void on Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:40 pm

^ He said he plays Omega though, some of these items don't exist there.

void
Prince Albrecht

Cool Font Guy
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:08 pm

@void wrote:^ He said he plays Omega though, some of these items don't exist there.

MXL 2012 ≠ MXL Omega

version nazi style

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum