Hitting a wall, not sure how to proceed

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hitting a wall, not sure how to proceed

Post by slOosh on Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:35 am

Hello,

I apologize in advance if I mess something up. I started playing ultimative a month or so back (single player), and started a bowazon. Using the old guides I focused on wyrmshot and basically shot my way through hatred and terror without much problem, and most of destruction by shooting things from far away and hoping they keep aggro on SoV (basically at worldstone keep 2, just haven't had time to finish it).

However, the "next level" of ubers feel too powerful. I've done the basic ubers like creature of flame, infernal machine, butcher, akarat, but I can't make any headway in Azmodan, Rathma Square, Lord Aldric Jitan or Khalimgrad no matter how many times I try. I've tried farming stuff like duncraig, Tran Anthula, K3KBC but I die really quick, so I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong since it seems to be working for other people / is what is suggested when I read similar posts.

I thought about trying to farm the Amazon Set since I read it was an ok "in between" step, but I can't handle the farming uberlevels on destruction mode, so currently I'm planning on trying to farm them in terror. Is this a good idea? What do you guys recommend I do?

Right now I use TU 6 Chain Mail, TU 6 amazon helm (the dex only one), TU 6 Heavy Belt, TU 6 Reflex Bow, Dex craft boots / gloves (just aimed for highest % dex, got 19% on both). Locust Hive for quiver, Empyrean Bands for rings, some rare +4 skills amulet. Using Rainbows in bow for cb, resist gems to hit cap and ammys otherwise. Skillset is max points in wyrmshot, dragonforce, fire arrow, war spirit, SoV,  enough points in the defensive harmony for 50% slow and leftovers in balance.

slOosh
Ent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hitting a wall, not sure how to proceed

Post by Quirinus on Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:39 am

Moved to Newbie Help section.

You probably need more damage, and not running headlong into mobs, but I don't really play a bowzon so I don't know.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hitting a wall, not sure how to proceed

Post by MarcoNecroX on Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:11 am

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile