Can't do LC0 - Volrath keeps dying

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't do LC0 - Volrath keeps dying

Post by peprik on Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:01 pm

Ho folks,
I played M2000 and MXL long time ago and always enjoyed it. Never was very good at it though(never finished all ubers).
Now I wanted to get taste of Ultimative with fresh installation of D2-LoD.
And I got stuck-frustated right in the begining with LevelChallenge0 Hitting a Wall
I tried with Amazon: If I stay close, I can usually dodge few of Volraths rays, but never enough, to manage kill all traps. If I run from bolts screen away Volrath dies on its own without leaving charm(is this intended, or bug?).
Any hints for senile player?  Scratch
Thanks!

peprik
Hungry Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't do LC0 - Volrath keeps dying

Post by Stealthmaster on Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:05 pm

What kind of amazon you're playing? Bow, spear, javelin, bloodzon? With 1 point Magic Missiles or Takedown it should'nt be hard. You just have to dodge a bit more.

Stealthmaster
Infernal Machine

Master of Stealth!
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DropBowzonEm on Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:13 pm

Volrath can vary at level 5 from being a cakewalk or a minutes-long pain in the ass depending on your build and how you deal damage.

As a general rule though, try to start the fight in the top right corner because the laser always starts in the bottom right and goes around clockwise. This gives you the most time to adjust to the speed.

I've done Vol on an Assassin, Bowzon, Summoner Necro, Barb, and XbowNecro and while each one fights a different way, the general pattern is to start in the top-right, attack with a spell a few times (preferably one that hits multiple times or multiple targets from one cast) and always move around him. I've found that it helped me my first few times to just run around inside the circle a few laps to get my pacing down.

If you take your time attacking the traps, you'll eventually get them down and from there the fight gets much easier (unless you're melee, in which case good luck not getting laser'd at least once while standing behind Vol)

If you have to turn run off and walk around him after the statues go down to keep from running into the laser, by all means do it.

Hope this helps some

DropBowzonEm
Kill Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:49 pm

@peprik wrote:
If I run from bolts screen away Volrath dies on its own without leaving charm(is this intended, or bug?

If you move too far away from where you summoned Vorath, he disappears. Not a bug.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:29 pm

it's not that hard once you get familiar with it, just keep running in circles in front of his ray and keep killing the traps. obviously, some skills or weapons that do more damage or aoe damage are best for taking down traps.

if you're using a melee skill, eat 2 starting gold sigs and buy a "+10 Mana on Striking in Melee" MO and cube it with your weapon for pretty much infinite mana. I do it with my barbarian, so I can spam earthquake (aoe melee skill) without running out of mana like most low level characters do.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tencanek on Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:28 pm

@peprik wrote:Ho folks,
I played M2000 and MXL long time ago and always enjoyed it. Never was very good at it though(never finished all ubers).
Now I wanted to get taste of Ultimative with fresh installation of D2-LoD.
And I got stuck-frustated right in the begining with LevelChallenge0 Hitting a Wall
I tried with Amazon: If I stay close, I can usually dodge few of Volraths rays, but never enough, to manage kill all traps. If I run from bolts screen away Volrath dies on its own without leaving charm(is this intended, or bug?).
Any hints for senile player?  Scratch
Thanks!

Zdarec! Very Happy Ama je na volratha dost na hovno char, nicmene staci nezdrhat moc daleko nebo do mesta, dalsi trik je koupit u Akary hulku s nejakym oskillem, treba venomous spirit a zabit trapy s nim a pak i volratha samotnyho. Hodne stesti!

tencanek
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by peprik on Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:41 pm

Thanks all of you for help.
Finally done it! "+10 stats , reanimate as Crystal Lord"
It was really tedious with MoonBeam lv1. (I rerolled map to have mana shrine nearby, but even so it took several minutes).
Thx again!

Btw. peknej vopruz.

peprik
Hungry Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotsman on Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:06 pm

My experience so far with Volrath
- always put all of your stat points in the stat that increases your damage.
- don't forget to go "/players 1"
- Barb is best at it, because of earthquake and wolf companion (they don't get hit by volrath)
- Sorc with lorenado is pretty good
- Assassin is very bad at it, or maybe I took the wrong skills, don't remember
- If you're not on your first character, make a tu long staff. Apocalypse OSkill is OP against traps.

In short: Make a barb with 2 points in Wolf Companion, a TU Long Staff and all stat points in energy and complete the fight in about 5 seconds.

Rotsman
Skull Ape

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:40 pm

Sin with wots and batstrike is a fast farmer...you just hit volrath and the nova does the rest...

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum