What is your playstyle?

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is your playstyle?

Post by void on Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:09 pm

Different people have different playstyles. What is yours? Mr Green
Note: Answer questions with a normal playthrough (including easy ubers) setting in mind.

Gear up how often?
Clear map or move on quickly?
Prepare for certain mobs or take risk of complications?
One act per day or finish game in one sitting?
Do minigames/challenges when you get there or save for later?
Only move on when you have perfect charm or collect different mediocre ones first?
Cautious in witch/problem areas or run through?
Don't mind lack of FRW or must have?
Ignore Blink or use it all the time?
Tiered uniques, honorifics, runewords or rares? Which concept is your favorite for normal play?
Play from scratch or heavy twinking?

Feel free to make up your own questions. Wink

void
Prince Albrecht

Cool Font Guy
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is your playstyle?

Post by gg2 on Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:13 pm

I play with a Tophat on and no shirt

gg2
Scaled Mutant

Marco's Favorite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tencanek on Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:20 pm

My piece of cake is to clear map and proceed forwards quickly(currently with scythe set necro, i left behind crippled necrobots tho), I aslo favor blind rambo style, which is awesome about this and simillar char, holding right mouse button is my passion, kinda like in this video (including victory dance!)

I prefer cheap TUs, crafts and runewords, so you rarely see me suggesting any of SSSUs, also I am heavily twinker and opportunist rat duper(SP) - i specialize solely at jewels and Nebelrings, on TSW i prefer countless Fauzt runs to trade charms for rare jewelry. Im fan of farming, not a charm/trophy hunting.

And i almost forgot on most important aspect of playstyle: hire A2 Durga with every single character Twisted Evil

tencanek
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by munkyh3ad on Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:56 pm

End of Hatred, end of Terror, during Destruction when i find something good i can use.
Clear what is in my way, take all waypoints, do all quests, discover uber areas entrance.
I don't prepare per say, but i go for some mobs first and then deal with less dangerous ones.
Whenever i have time and mood to play i do as much as i can. I don't set goals here.
LC0 at 5, LC1 at 50 and also Ennead Challenge while still in Hatred, Butcher and Witch Queen and Crowned when in Terror A1, LC 2 at around 70 before leaving A2, other trials for BRC at 115 before leaving Terror, oh and Mirror Mirror whenever i get to Terror Baal.
Decent roll is enough, i get bored easily doing the same thing so i often just move on unless the roll is terrible.
Cautious i'd say. I usually pick a wall and go around Witches if they are near it. I am most attentive in A4 River of Flame, Nihlathak's halls and A5 where those Detonators can spawn, and just when i play melee, with ranged/casters i don't need to be cautious during leveling.
I only aim for faster FRW with melee characters, the other types can do with whatever they get.
Use Blink from Character Orb, sometimes offensive on melee chars but mostly defensive, then use Jitan's Gate defensively when i need to.
Whatever rares i find but always a TU weapon and sometimes i make a class helm/shield too for certain chars during Hatred, get all items to TU6 and some RW by the end of Terror, honorifics never, i craft and switch with Sacreds in Destruction when i can.
In between, i only twink Arcane Crystals, ingredients used for Blessed Luck/Lottery recipe, some Superior item i need for a RW if i have it, crafted jewels, rare rings and ammulets.

Make my own question..hmm..what do you do when you have a short break from the game? I smoke.

munkyh3ad
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspirine101 on Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:18 pm

1) Mostly as soon as something new is available I try to get it.

2) Usually I clear everything in my path, but I only search for the goals in the map (waypoint, a cave maybe, and then the road to the next map) so I don't go in every corner just to clear it Smile unless It's a farm-uber

3) Prepare... what do you mean by prepare? If it's something like trying to stack resists until 75% in hatred then yes, I try to do it, but if it's untwinked It's not possible to do it that fast. I too, try to kill the stronger mobs, but fex I usually kill Ni Va's first if they're the first to appear in my sight

4) Depends on how much time I have, my mood, etc. Sometimes I can do hatred&terror, sometimes just a single or two acts, etc.

5) Save most minigames for 120. Challenges too, except level challenges (obviously)

6) Depends on the charm. But when I do the "basic gathering", as soon as I get one I move to the second one, and later when I have everything I farm for perfect charms and trophies.

7) Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun! But as soon as I see a witch: Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuun baaaaaaaaaack! Razz

Cool Couldn't care less. Unless I'm turtle-slow.

9) Mostly ignore :/ but that applies for teleports. I never even had a 120 assa.

10) I assume you're talking about before 120, if so: TUs FTW! But if I need a certain stat badly (usually resists or flat str/dex for stat requirements) then I make some t1 boots or leather gloves honorific. Though I remember I did honorifics of items with the most armor (ancient armor, crown, greaves, gauntlets, plated belt etc) and MOing them with ED/TCD, along with ammys MO'ed with flat def when I wanted to do lc1 with a melee char.

11) I twink if I can, mostly arc. crystals, and RESIST GEMS! (capsed because it's a f*****g must!!!!!) and maybe runes for RW's. I don't bother trying for double MO or trying to achieve some uber superior item for low lvl RW.

12) If I have a short break, from any game, I go to the living room, fire up the conditioner, take a pillow and a blanket and lay around, being tired and weak as fuck from the computer but enjoying the chilly conditioner along with the comfy blanket and pillow.

Q1 made by me: What general tactics are you using against mobs? I rush in the middle of battle, not caring about anything (that's why I also die so much but eh..)

Q2 made by me: Do you like playing 1 class and exploring every nook and cranny of his, being a "pro" at this class but suck at others, or every reset/every time you finished one character you move on and make a new class/build? I sticked with treewarden for a long while but now am moving to different classes. Treewarden so far is still my fav.

Aspirine101
Lord Primus

Islamic B&D Princess
TGGood None

View user profile http://lmgtfy.com/?q=median+xl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wulf on Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:50 pm

Being a competitive player by nature for any game, I started out by playing what's considered as overpowered to learn the game as fast as possible playing an optimally built character.

I like spending my time efficiently, therefor I will make designated characters for specific areas (1 example of this is a 900% mf, high killspeed glass bowazon I have that only exists to clear Duncraig as fast as possible to farm for Crystals, Signets and SU's).

I'm also the type of player that will roll a Luck Trial on every relevant piece of T6 or Set weapons just in case it comes of use eventually.

Skillwise, I've come to a point where guides don't help me the slightest anymore, but not quite skilled enough to clear every single Uber. There's still a handful I haven't completed yet, but I'm sure I eventually will given the time and preparation.

Wulf
Landmass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Clariska on Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:10 pm

1 I actually used early game gear that i made T6 till i got to around lvl 90 then i crafted my gear
2 I explore the whole map
3 Planned a melee barb till i got my ass handed to me so rerolled a throw barb and kitting like a baws Very Happy
4 Play whenever i have the time(Work > my life atm)
5 Do challenges asoon as they are available
6 Cautious from terror/Destruction and no mp3's first 2 acts as those witches always gets me T_T can't rem if i ever got witches past those 2 acts
7 I ignored blink with my Barb just kiting around but will get blink most prob soon
8 Crafted Gear so far.Im not pro on gear yet but then again my builds not entirely gear related

Clariska
Daystar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inertia on Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:38 pm

Somewhat on topic: Does anyone else bind their skill hotkeys from Q to P? I see a lot of people using F1+, but I always found them to be way too far up. I have to move my hand a lot more with F1 keys and while I play piano, moving my hands isn't fun while trying to play a game.

Inertia
Astral Guardian

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthmaster on Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:46 pm

I always bind keys in 'old FPS style': like Q,E,R,A,D. Though my fingers are quite long (not sausage-looks Razz), I've never found myself binding F's.

Also, unlike many other players, I always clear the whole Great Marsh level. Just because I'm always curious, if I find Hemoplagues there or not.

Stealthmaster
Infernal Machine

Master of Stealth!
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Clariska on Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:58 pm

My bound Keys are a,s,d,f,g and z,x,c,v,b Potions q,w,e,r then my map is on M my quest is on tab and my char screens set to N
Weird keys but works wonders Very Happy

Clariska
Daystar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum