Game of the year 2012

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game of the year 2012

Post by Wazuzu on Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:17 am

Call your best game of the year. There is only one rule: the game should have been released or became available in 2012.

My pick: Katawa Shoujo, because my soul exploded, and its pieces flew to the space to become stars to shine in the night.
Runners-up: Faster Than Light, because pew-pew lazorz, Legends of Grimrock, because I like crawling, and Black Mesa Source for obvious reasons.

Wazuzu
Fairy Witch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the year 2012

Post by MarcoNecroX on Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:46 am

mxl ultimative !

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:02 am

I dunno about others, but i vote d3 as most disappointed GotY.

iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Segolia on Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:22 pm

Counter Strike: Global Offensive
Only because that and Torchlight II are the only games I played that were released on this year. Every other game I have are Vavle games from a few years ago.

Segolia
Bloody Butcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frytas on Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:32 pm

I have only played like four or five games that were released this year:
-Diablo III,
-Slender,
-Torchlight 2,
-Painkiller:Hell and Damnation(or just Painkiller HD)
-Smite(beta,but I'm not sure if the open beta started in 2012 or 2011,but I think 2012)

Diablo III was a huge dissapointment to me overall,I could post a wall of text why I think it sucks balls but I'm too lazy and it's not the thread to do it anyway.

Slender was rather scary,I played it with two of my friends late at night,and everyone was trying to scare the others,as if the game wasn't creepy itself lol. We got used to it pretty quickly though,and even figured out how to find the pages quickly; our best score was 6/8 pages but then the no-face bastard just teleported in front of the character and,well,game over.

Torchlight 2: to be honest,I have only played through the demo 3 times and I still have to complete it with an Embermage,but I find the game really fun to play and it's a great change from Diablo III which I find equally fun to trying to find a needle in a gigantic pile of shit. I'll buy Torchlight 2 as soon as I get enoguh cash,which probably means next week,because my birthday is on 24th Dec. Holla holla get dolla. Very Happy

Painkiller HD is basically a compilation of the best levels from Painkiller and Painkiller:Battle out of Hell,with two new weapons(I think it was two),slightly changed enemy placement,also some new enemies too,I think,and of course improved graphics. I didn't expect more than a graphics enchancement to this awesome old-school shooter,but they actually added some extra stuff which I've mentioned; it's nothing groundbreaking,but still,it's nice that they improved more than just graphics. Overall a job well done.

Smite is a MOBA with a third person perspective. Of course lots of things are similar to LoL but there's really not much stuff you can come up with when LoL has >100 champions and lots of items already. The camera being put behind your character,rather than above it,is something I didn't think would would work in this kinda game,but it does; it makes fights more dynamic,and skill and reflexes matter even more(most spells are skillshots,and ranged autoattacks need to be aimed manually),and it also makes tanks more important because you can be a meatshield for your teammates - if you stand in front of your teammate,autoattacks and non-piercing spells just won't get through. Overall a joy to play.

My #1 would be Torchlight 2,with Painkiller on the 2nd place,and Smite on the 3rd. Diablo III gets the glorious last place - not for just being a below-average h'n's,but also for being such a dissapointment.

Frytas
Mindless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaioshin on Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:45 pm

The Elders Scrolls V: Skyrim.
No doubt.

Kaioshin
Edyrem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ki on Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:39 pm

@iwansquall wrote:I dunno about others, but i vote d3 as most disappointed GotY.

I agree with this guy. The game was not something I had hoped for Sad

Ki
Onyx Knight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Segolia on Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:58 am

Id disagree and say WarZ is the most disappointing.
If you do not know why, read this

Segolia
Bloody Butcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 1337Pr0nstar on Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:04 am

@Kaioshin wrote:The Elders Scrolls V: Skyrim.
No doubt.

If only it didn't come out in 2011.

Farcry 3 gets my vote.

1337Pr0nstar
Doom Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RAD-82 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:22 am

Tokyo Jungle Mmm, Tasty (That's where my avatar is from.) I don't really have access to many games, but at least I was able to get this one. I had my first 100+ year run earlier today with a cheetah. I just got the game last weekend.
edit: Bummer. There is a special going on with the cheetah right now (13th to the 26th), which may have made it slightly easier to survive. Sad

Out of the games listed above, I would like to play Faster Than Light, Skyrim, and possibly Torchlight 2.

Last edited by rad82 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

RAD-82
Bone Sorcerer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum