Need a hand for a Parasite Necro

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Need a hand for a Parasite Necro

Post by Wulf on Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:44 pm

Here is what I'm currently using:

sMaxed: Famine, Parasite, Deathlord, Dragonfire Oil, Death Ward, 1pt Talon's Hold and 1pt Graveyard.

dmg: 77k-106k
hp: 5,4k (full vitality)
def: 621k
ll%: 126%

I chose not to MO any SU's until I know for sure what I'll use. I have a decent Rathma Weap+Boots to get the 50% guard tower on death as well as the 20% life leech. Would you guys recommend going that route instead of that SU Bonesplitter+Akarats? (I won't have my resist capped at 85% going that route, I'd need to find another armor piece to get me all resist. I also lose 20k dmg and 300 life).

I have a seal of the nephalem kings ring, but so far Assur gives me more dmg and more hp while only sacrificing around 15k defense. Still waiting for that Bloodlust necro head to drop so I can stop using T6 mace.

It can clear TA very easily, but I'd like to be able to clear Fautz+Bremmtown with ease as well. So far my hp seems kind of low (so I go in FHR way too easily) and my chance to get hit is around 6-10%, so  I need more defense as well.

Any suggestion to increase my tankiness while retaining a respectable killspeed?

Wulf
Landmass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Need a hand for a Parasite Necro

Post by Banned on Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:17 pm

Full vitality means all points into vit ? If yes, then i recomend to change it. 1 vit give 1 hp for necromancer, so it's not worth it.

Now on the build. I use melee necro a lot and really like the char. My build is similar to yours, except few skills. I too smax famine, parasite, death ward, death lord. Also i put 1 pt in graveyard and 1 in talons hand (plus prerequisitives). But i max embalming and if i get points left - they go into dragonfire oil. Curently i got 30/30 in embalming and 5/28 in dragong fire oil. In total 12k hp.
About AR and defense. I too use vizaran for that nice quick buff - my defense is 670k which is ok in normal situations, but i do get hit a lot in fauzt.
I split my attributes in dex and str. About 50/50 so i can reach 60k AR. Again, you got nice items, but i havent seen ITD on any of them, so AR is important.
I use Rathma full set and can give you my impressions about it.

Now for fauzt part. It is never easy in fauzt with melee necro. The bad thing is - enemies that are not necrobots die too fast. Then you are left with necrobots and you can't leach from them since they are physical immune. So two options here - life after kill or life on striking (since parasite jumps a lot and that counts as striking).
In my case i use facebreakers. 1 hp per striking. Seems kinda low, but with Rathma set weapon you get towers after kill and each arrow counts as striking too. Also it works on immunes.
So my simple tactics are - i run in and target necrobots only, leaving other monsters free. Starting parasite on necrobots and it ends up kiling all other mobs faster than immunes. Then i decide should i kite back or keep on hiting. How to make decision ? Look how many of them left. If many - you can stay and continue parasiting (get hp from jumping) if few, can move to other area to start anothe chain of parasites on new monsters.

Few tips i find usefull:
Stun atack at least on one if items (amulet or wep) is very good - you at least stun your initial necrobot.
Xorine rings do wonders - you are in group of necrobots and your kill chain starts - spawning punishers in the face of enemies feels good.

Banned
Cathedral Drow

Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wulf on Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:08 pm

Very useful advice. I'll try Emblaming+Full Rathma set for sure.

Though I'm not convinced on the Xorine rings. I'm not exactly sure how poison dmg works, but I'm pretty sure it's going to end up that either Graveyard or Xorine being overridden by the other. Or are you using them solely for the ar%?

Mind elaborating on why you chose to use these instead of like Emp bands/Assur/Adrenaline?

Oh, are you also using Jah's in every piece?

Wulf
Landmass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Banned on Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:19 pm

All bonuses on Xorine are usefull. And they are cheap to get so i roll them until i get over 90% buff to AR. AR is first, punishers on kill - second and other reasons - third reason. Plus 40 lvl for MOs.

I use Assur ring while farming Vizjun with same build. AR drops about 11k. It's important to start parasite jumping as fast as you can so i like to have a lot of AR.

When i didn't have facebreakers gloves - i crafted ones with abandoned shrine for 7% chance to cast stormblast on atack and dex bonuses. It ended up with +274% AR bonus and there is no better feeling when your angel of death jump ends with storblast Very Happy

Banned
Cathedral Drow

Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tencanek on Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:28 pm

Few things regarding this meatchopping maniac:

1) only sacred unique scythe worth of using is SSU Seven Heads and SSSU Prowler Slash, both good against single target and heroics, those are the only bosses where Rathma set sucks. Freakshow is funny weapon, sadly deathlord attack animation is way slower if you dont use necro class weapons.

2) set scythe is one of few set items which shine alone without other parts of set(not counting cowboy and all is one set), other is witchhunter cap and spangenhelm(abyss on kill), obvious reason is guard tower and 25% slow

3) for rings, dual empyreans or double assurs bane, for very end game 2x nebelrings, for gloves i use OP demonics(yes, they are rare) but facebreakers are also fine although 1los isnt necessary with that ultra leech, remember we have bane and mega impact on weapon and guess what, it stacks. So we can leech from necrofags as well.
If you dont have demonics, fill sockets with lum runes(sup pa5call F*** You ) or with flat life/tir crafted jewels. In my skill setup, I have all 5 to max skill levels from class charm, 1 from taha gloves and 1 from 6x fire armor (legitly farmed, no plugy duping!) so i choose to go without dragonfire oil, but with 30 target parasite and killspeed is fine even without bane, simply because of death spirals from DP and cataclysm proc, also graveyard pwnishers finish the crippled bots.

BTW: Nice adrenaline rush, that one reminds me my first Elemental Band, which dropped in Toraja during GR grind

tencanek
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wulf on Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:22 pm

Alright so far I tried the full set with SSSU Gauntlets and a Xorine and respec'd to Embalming (damn, didn't think dragonfire Oil gave me 40k screen dmg O_o)

@Banned wrote:AR is first, punishers on kill - second and other reasons - third reason. Plus 40 lvl for MOs.
I had a 99% laying around and it literally made my % chance to hit from 80 to 93%. Did you MO them with flat defense or total character defense or something else entirely?

@tencanek wrote:i choose to go without dragonfire oil
Does that mean you put all your remaining points in Deathlord?

Last edited by Wulf on Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:28 pm; edited 2 times in total

Wulf
Landmass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Banned on Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:26 pm

I MOed my Xorine rings with MF Smile

Banned
Cathedral Drow

Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tencanek on Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:40 pm

wulf: I smaxed embalming, deathward, famine, deathlord and rest put into parasite(thats 30 targets). I was really thinking how many pts sink into deathlord, but more points adds more strength, thus moar damage and faster leech and more dex means higher chance to hit, thus higher damage output, thus more damage, leech...

tencanek
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben- on Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:44 pm

skill talon's hold to 30% slow + blackvoid + triuen charm is plenty of slow

dont need to put more than 1 in embalming, only skill parasite to 20 target

smax famine, deathlord, dragonfire, death ward

sha'ad scythe is nice, sssu crown, sbs, dtouch, sssu greave, dyers eve, 2x emp band (rare rings/amu might be better to get more psn/fire pierce for punishers/dragonfire - didn't try it)

with this build p8 dunc and p5 fauzt were farmable, with all charms and lums in all gear but weap

Ben-
War Thug

British Gentleben
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wulf on Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:46 pm

Alright, character can clear Fautzinville without dying (with 48k dmg, 10k life, 700k def, 90%ll and 20k ar). Damage and life leech % went down by a lot but the fact that I gained the Towers + Crucify pretty much makes up for it. Using Bane helps a ton vs. Necrobots as well.

Allthat being said, I see lots of potential in investing in a Metalhead or SSSU Crown ,that way you don't have to invest your attribute points in dex as well as wearing ar% gears. The set weapon is insane though...

@Ben- wrote:skill talon's hold to 30% slow + blackvoid + triuen charm is plenty of slow

dont need to put more than 1 in embalming, only skill parasite to 20 target

smax famine, deathlord, dragonfire, death ward

sha'ad scythe is nice, sssu crown, sbs, dtouch, sssu greave, dyers eve, 2x emp band (rare rings/amu might be better to get more psn/fire pierce for punishers/dragonfire - didn't try it)

with this build p8 dunc and p5 fauzt were farmable, with all charms and lums in all gear but weap
Problem is all those are SSSU's I haven't found yet. I'll have to play budget-style using the set for now.

Wulf
Landmass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum