Early/mid/late game preference?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Early/mid/late game preference?

Post by Diminished Heathen on Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:25 am

Every time I get to an average level of 90, I get bored of the playstyle and try a new idea/class. I usually play from scratch, untwinked for the most part (I do use plugy for some stuff). It hinders me from getting past any uber besides black road/ennead/lvl0,1,2. I just love the process of experiencing the first two halves of the game, because there is so much reward/ progress compared to late game ubers and stuff.

Is my point of view just narrow and unfounded? Is there another hump that I need to get over for it to be rewarding again? Because late game seems to be a big fat wall. Do any of you experience the same problem?

I know the extensive amount of time it must have taken to create such ubers, but it seems the difficulty just kicks into mindfuckery mode.

And lucky trial is ridiculous. 2% chance to still never work is more like it.

Diminished Heathen
Thunderbolt

MXLU Addict #1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Early/mid/late game preference?

Post by MUS01 on Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:49 am

I hate farm in late game... However, once you have some items... LATE GAME it's the essence of median: UBERS... Also, Dest it's really hard if you go untwinked.... Each certain time, I play a new untwinked build by cause the loved/hated difficulty level...

Lucky trial it's biased to rw, were you can "reroll" the base item with oils of renewal... Sometimes, you get the bonus at the first attempt in a 60% ED, 100%AR weapon... and it's great.Other times you should reroll the item nearly half hour...

With Uniques, and Sacred Uniques, this bonus it's very lucky biased... I remember reroll nearly 25 times (50 arcane crystals) for get my TU balanced AXE with double mystic orb effect.... However, this weapon was my late game weapon... (yeah, a TU weapon can be a late game item, XD)

MUS01
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PaulManKey on Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:53 am

I had that same issue bro and imho it is just "stress" of dying TOO MUCH and failing too much. If you "study" just a tiny bit the ubers from the docs and take also a good look at some of the threads in the guides category ,u're good to go pretty much.

About 50% of the first ubers are "easy" , you just have to know what to do there and not stress too much over dying.

Another possibility is playing on the realm with a buddy, having him do most in front of u first time, then u do it for another char, then u can pretty much repeat infinitelly as once u know what to do ur good (obviously as u progress ur gameplay will evolve as well)

Good luck with all and dont care about dying ,learn from it Bouncing Mr. Green

PaulManKey
Djinn

TGBest 430

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:04 am

I personally typical mid-end game players.

I enjoyed testing new build especially when new patch come out, usually until completed some of vanilla median ubers.
If im dedicated, i will create couple of feedback thread as well on that particular build.

I really hate the late game grinding since mostly involved luck (crafting or farming) and it is sometimes just tedious.
But i guess some people like it much (it could be controlled though, especially affix/suffix pool).

I always think that most marco ubers are too hard as well, which usually scaling up beyond my reach.
Im probably just need to spend more hours on the game to get better though.

*Personally i really just want median ultimative to be more casual on early game, but keep the difficulty at higher end. I remember terror is a big jump on difficulty and destruction is just "rush to easy charm then everything become much easier".

iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:53 am

from my experience, the progression goes like this

a) you're a noob and discover new stuff about the mod but don't quite understand it
b) beat all basic uberquests and trade for the hard stuff, farm 24/7
c) beat the hardest uberquests once you're "skilled" enough (not too much involved)

then, in many cases, people re-discover the mod by playing legit (usually involves going MP), so repeat the whole process again (is twice as fun too).

But of course this logic doesn't apply to everyone because there are always weirdos. Once I beat the shit out of all ubers and try nearly all builds, and get tired of tcow beggers, I go hardcore hardcore (600 yolo ping). But I personally like playing up to 120 only. Simlar like you do, but I also do the 90-120 part. Which is interesting because you can go greedy and beat dest, or you can play it safe and level to 120 in T.

At this point I no longer play in MP because it's not fun if everyone thinks you're cheating (people love starting rumors). Unless I'm streaming. Which is probably the most fun I ever had from the mod, hope to go back to it some day, although RL gets in the way

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Westville on Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:13 am

@MarcoNecroX wrote:from my experience, the progression goes like this

a) you're a noob and discover new stuff about the mod but don't quite understand it
b) beat all basic uberquests and trade for the hard stuff, farm 24/7
c) beat the hardest uberquests once you're "skilled" enough (not too much involved)

then, in many cases, people re-discover the mod by playing legit (usually involves going MP), so repeat the whole process again (is twice as fun too).

But of course this logic doesn't apply to everyone because there are always weirdos. Once I beat the shit out of all ubers and try nearly all builds, and get tired of tcow beggers, I go hardcore hardcore (600 yolo ping). But I personally like playing up to 120 only. Simlar like you do, but I also do the 90-120 part. Which is interesting because you can go greedy and beat dest, or you can play it safe and level to 120 in T.

At this point I no longer play in MP because it's not fun if everyone thinks you're cheating (people love starting rumors). Unless I'm streaming. Which is probably the most fun I ever had from the mod, hope to go back to it some day, although RL gets in the way

I loved when you stream; if you do it again lmk

Westville
Arachnida

Ace of Spades
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hellgrind on Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:26 am

Im lazy ass so i do this:
1. picking char that i dont want to play but it's good at some uber
2. taxi ftw in every aspect of it
3. get very basic charms from dest and gear to be able to farm some uber
4. buy rest of charms and mule to the char i want to play
5. farm more and buy all charms again
6. mule to another char and repeat step 1-6

hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by void on Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:45 pm

I start new chars all the time and think that's a big part of the game. Untwinked, race to hAndy/dBaal any time. Just for the heck of it, it's fun. Smile Getting access to all skills is pretty fun also, like the leap from lvl 5 to 6 for bowzon (Barrage get) is huge.
But doing ubers is rewarding too, keeping a slight learning curve in mind it's not as easy as regular content though; if you haven't beat them yet you should.
And the best thing is when you know your build and a particular uber really well and can farm it with your untwinked lvl 115 char that you created 1 day ago.
By the way, you say some ubers seem too hard for you. That's why you should give them a go. Razz

So to conclude I understand your point, I think it's valid, but don't disregard ubers for their difficulty because after all they are part of the game and you can master them all. Wink

void
Prince Albrecht

Cool Font Guy
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Diminished Heathen on Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:33 am

I'm glad I'm not the only one who mainly just plays to 120. I'm on a4 dest with my passive summoner sorceress. And she is surprisingly kick ass. Granted, she dies quickly, but I'm impressed with her ice elementals. So I think I will complete destruction for the first time in about 6 patches.

Diminished Heathen
Thunderbolt

MXLU Addict #1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:43 pm

I play to 120 mostly too, maybe a few easy ubers. Don't have much time to play more, and I enjoy 1-120 a lot. Smile

I do plan to try to do some of the newer ubers for real, once I get around building a decent character and farming stuff.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum