League of Legends

Page 11 of 51 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 31 ... 51  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: League of Legends

Post by Frytas on Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:13 am

Gained some elo,I'm back at 1400. I wanted to follow your advice and try playing mid some more,but there's always 2 or 3 guys in the queue who want to go mid and nobody wants to jungle so I can't even give it a shot. I like jungling,it's just that it's tough shit if you want to carry your team.

While camping mid early on is a good idea,it is often a pain in the ass because many ap carries have good escape moves. If jungler and mid can't burst the enemy down in like 1-2s(or don't have hard CC - imagine Kat/Olaf combo,or pre-ult Lee/Shyv),he's probably getting away. Bot lane is almost always flooded with wards even at 1400(can't gank from the river,can't lanegank,can't do shit,I need to wait for enemies to overextend and then run in asap),and top lane often begs for ganks and blames the jungler if he fails 1v1(that's actually something everyone does,lol. they always blame the jungler Very Happy ).

I think I'm gonna try Cho again because he's just good at lots of things(jungling,cc,aoe damage,good ap ratios,high true damage single target nuke,tanky,good initiator,highly disruptive,strong autoattacks...). I played him a lot so I got used to his spells(the delay I mean),but champions with high mobility and flash moves still fuck me hard any day lol. Especially Kat and Riven,they just jump around all over the place and I can't land a flipping Q on them. q_q He's also great at ganking mid lane and shutting down casters(both ad and ap)with that 3 hour silence.

Frytas
Mindless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ki on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:53 am

Just as a tip when jungling, if a lane is lost, don't even bother ganking that lane.

Ki
Onyx Knight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:25 am

Depends, sometimes you should apply pressure top to stop the enemy top from snowballing even further (top is probably the most snowball-y lane).

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wmerc on Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:29 pm

@Prestoned wrote:draven falling off late game

Draven is significantly worse at teamfights than he is at being a bully in the lane. He has one of the weakest steroids around, clocking at barely 40% AS for 3 seconds, and cannot reliably catch axes unless his team is light years ahead of the enemy team (everybody can see where they fall and get some skillshots in; having to catch them also means you have to chose from either not positioning yourself ideally or giving up said steroid and Q for it).

I never said Draven wasn't strong late-game. I never said he doesn't scale; I just said he scales worse than most other carries. I said he falls off; which is true because the moment he shines is in lane, where he can bully people and benefit best from all his abilities. Same thing goes for Caitlyn; she is extremely strong in lane, but falls off late-game. Why? Because she doesn't have steroids for her auto-attacks and if she casts Q or R she's basically lowering her DPS because her AAs are much stronger than her abilities. This doesn't mean that a Caitlyn isn't a monster late-game. She still is great just not as good as most other ADCs would be with the same farm.

wmerc
Desert Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Prestoned on Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:05 pm

@wmerc wrote:
@Prestoned wrote:draven falling off late game

Draven is significantly worse at teamfights than he is at being a bully in the lane. He has one of the weakest steroids around, clocking at barely 40% AS for 3 seconds, and cannot reliably catch axes unless his team is light years ahead of the enemy team (everybody can see where they fall and get some skillshots in; having to catch them also means you have to chose from either not positioning yourself ideally or giving up said steroid and Q for it).

I never said Draven wasn't strong late-game. I never said he doesn't scale; I just said he scales worse than most other carries. I said he falls off; which is true because the moment he shines is in lane, where he can bully people and benefit best from all his abilities. Same thing goes for Caitlyn; she is extremely strong in lane, but falls off late-game. Why? Because she doesn't have steroids for her auto-attacks and if she casts Q or R she's basically lowering her DPS because her AAs are much stronger than her abilities. This doesn't mean that a Caitlyn isn't a monster late-game. She still is great just not as good as most other ADCs would be with the same farm.

You realize his steroid refreshes every time you catch in axe and the axes aren't hard to catch. you LEAD them.

I'm not going to explain to you how everything works. You are probably some kid at 1100 elo with no more then 500 normal wins. I hope i never get you on my team.

Prestoned
Ancient Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ki on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:02 pm

I thought his axes scale well with damage?

Ki
Onyx Knight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wmerc on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:15 pm

@Prestoned wrote:You realize his steroid refreshes every time you catch in axe and the axes aren't hard to catch. you LEAD them.

I'm not going to explain to you how everything works. You are probably some kid at 1100 elo with no more then 500 normal wins. I hope i never get you on my team.

Ad hominem sure is the way to go! I was just telling you that trying to catch his axes puts him in a dangerous position, no matter now much or well you lead them, and saying how he has to choose between careful positioning or keeping his steroids on, but you don't seem to be reading what I say.

(PS: you don't have to guess what I probably am, you can always look me up on lolking EDIT: whoops forgot to give out my account name: Gloria Domini)

@Ki wrote:I thought his axes scale well with damage?

His axes do scale really well and Draven is very dangerous 1v1, and even 2v2, but in teamfights he can't reliably catch them and he can put himself in a dangerous position if the enemy team communicates and jumps him when he goes for any one axe that happens to bounce a bit off his current position and Draven has to move to catch it, which means that you can't really expect a Draven to pull more than 3 Qs in a teamfight. It's one of the main reasons you don't really see him in high elo play or in the competitive scene.

wmerc
Desert Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Prestoned on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:35 pm

I looked up your profile and all bad adc scores and attack speed runes on your irelia page? what in the actual fuck. 1497 elo isn't good either Hitting a Wall

Prestoned
Ancient Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wmerc on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:41 pm

@Prestoned wrote:I looked up your profile and all bad adc scores and attack speed runes on your irelia page? what in the actual fuck. 1497 elo isn't good either Hitting a Wall

I use the attack speed page for jungling. I actually use runepage #1 for Irelia; the flat AD one. Very Happy Why do you trust the names prestoned-kun?

wmerc
Desert Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Prestoned on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:46 pm

because i wouldn't expect anything more from 1500

Prestoned
Ancient Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 51 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 31 ... 51  Next