Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: League of Legends

Post by Roflknife on Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:24 am

LoL matchmaking is pretty damn good

My Silver/Bronze team just got matched against a Challenger Leesin main.

fuck you riot

Roflknife
Mangler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frytas on Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:58 pm

Oh come on. So close.

Also "Tribunal Sux",I lol'd. Prolly got banned before Very Happy

Frytas
Mindless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dusters on Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:37 am

Amumu isn't banned in gold? I hope he isn' t, because all you need is a CC like alistar knockup to cancel amu' s ult.

Btw - how's the new Master Yi going over here? Riot announced today that he will be nerfed in the next patch.

dusters
Desert Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frytas on Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:48 am

Amumu is banned sometimes,but I noticed that the higher league/division,the less often he's banned(and picked too). Sometimes I take advantage of that cause I bucking love Amumu.

Frytas
Mindless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Laz on Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:19 am

I'm still not sure how you can play a game competitively where you have to grind 50 games for one champion which then gets nerfed. I know millions do it, but it's like WoW pvp.

I always thought LoL would benefit from fleshing out its mascot battle side and letting people customise their favourite characters more instead of forcing them to pick specific characters or lose in the name of "strategy" (for instance melee tops and carry junglers are useless right now [everyone still picks melee tops but just throw a Jayce at them and they auto lose the lane]).

Brother Laz
Care Bear

Flying Polar Buffalo Error

View user profile http://modsbylaz.vn.cz/

Back to top Go down

Post by Roflknife on Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:45 pm

@Brother Laz wrote:I'm still not sure how you can play a game competitively where you have to grind 50 games for one champion which then gets nerfed. I know millions do it, but it's like WoW pvp.

I always thought LoL would benefit from fleshing out its mascot battle side and letting people customise their favourite characters more instead of forcing them to pick specific characters or lose in the name of "strategy" (for instance melee tops and carry junglers are useless right now [everyone still picks melee tops but just throw a Jayce at them and they auto lose the lane]).
It adds the illusion of progress and gives the psychological trick of accomplishment

Believe it or not after playing some DOTA 2 and immediately having all 100 champions shoved in my face i actually felt uncomfortable not only because i had to 'learn' all of them immediately but also because it felt like i'd already finished the game.

Lets just say no matter how stupid it sounds human psych just makes it work in Rito's favour Razz

BTW does anyone know Xypherous' ign which he plays games with? On Lolking the xypherous acc hasnt played a game since season 2, which means he only plays on a smurf

Roflknife
Mangler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Malah on Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:55 am

I have to come look at something on the website while trying to itemize my Ligeia-Broadsin because I'm an idiot and haven't memorized the site yet somehow.

Let's check on the LoL thread!

Recent discoveries: Solo lane Urgot. Dominion meta is once again six months to a year ahead of the rest of the players in figuring out what's obnoxiously overpowered. Fun!

If you can get him top lane against a melee pick or mid against someone without easy poke, you win lane outright. His kit is the king of duelists and once you hit 6, if you catch them with an ult away from their tower it's pretty much a free kill. Before then starting at 3 you fire off grenades any time they try to farm and chase them away (W slow keeps them in range for the full salvo). I generally start Sapphire/Ward or potions against poke and then sit on a tear for most of the game in favor of going Armor penetration and tankiness (Brut -> LW -> FH -> Ghostblade or Cleaver depending on ambient armor).

It would work so much better if I didn't have an AFK or troll nearly every game I've done it. Funnily enough, my team won the 4v5 because I kept ulting a carry across the wall when they were trying to do objectives. Standing on the front line to aim grenades is also perfectly acceptable because if anyone who does damage gets close, you stick them into your team and proceed to not care about their damage because you now have 300 armor (or MR if their ADC is totally anemic).

@Brother Laz wrote:This is unacceptable and will be the ruin of Riot.

http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=12475303#post12475303
Have you tried Dominion? Although I hear the EU community is smaller, if it's similar to the US then once you get out of the troll elo and people start using Revive/Garrison/Reveal items, it's actually rather fun. Roles are very elastic and supports/junglers become a lot more fun when they're actually allowed to get their own items.

For example: Sejuani has the stat budget to build Magic Penetration in Dom. Imagine it for a moment. It's beautiful. (It's also what yolo queue calls "OH GOD FED PIG RUN") shameless Sej plug main here

There's about 10 picks at the top that totally break the game and about fifteen to twenty at the bottom that are simply bad to play, but if you can play them well they become passable choices.  (Premier tier list is here). Picks are more dependent on making sure they work well with your team than worrying about power level. That list is also focused solely around competitive play, and some picks rated low (Xerath, Anivia) are extremely powerful in the hands of a competent player.

On the other hand, the game-breakers rely on the people with them not being particularly good (entirely plausible, especially if you luck out with one of their counters) or the people playing obeying the gentleman's agreement to keep that trash out of queue. The EU actually wins in that regard because they tend to be classier with their picks. You also have the option to play bot lane (if you're not against Kayle/Urgot or cheese build Trist/Kog then power is a lot closer) and carry games from down there.

Fortunately the map-specific balance initiative is starting to happen in earnest and they're actually nerfing the top picks down fairly well (if not slowly).

Malah
Shredder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frytas on Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:59 pm

Speaking of Urgot,one of my favorite champions by the way...

Solo lane Urgot vs Gragas. Yes,I know it's Twisted Treeline,not SR,but since I no longer have my latest SR Urgot game in match history(solotop vs Warwick,won hard,made him ragequit),I can't really post a screenshot. Here,I could 1v3 the enemy team(Nocturne,Diana and Gragas,tier 2/3 dunk squad),and I literally did once. They surrendered 2 seconds after their last guy died.

Also I'm in gold 1 for 2 days now,I wonder if I can make my way to Platinum.

Frytas
Mindless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Malah on Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:20 pm

Pfft. There's a thread on GD trying to get Riot to stop moving everything that so much as names Dominion in it when the place is clogged with SR threads. It's a pity that Riot's official stance is that SR is the only map that's allowed to matter. I'm going all conspiracy mode and saying they're moving threads because they don't want Dominion to have any chance to compete.

On the upside, I discovered that there's an old Dominion cinematic!

@Frytas wrote:Speaking of Urgot,one of my favorite champions by the way...
Then why are you being so cruel to him by building Cleaver before Last Whisper? D:

Upgrading Brutalizer into Cleaver is for when they're trying to be stubborn and act like Urgot cares about their armor.

Malah
Shredder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 51 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 38 ... 51  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum