How to apply Open Wounds with caster?!

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to apply Open Wounds with caster?!

Post by sodbobby on Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:09 am

Hey guys,

i´m currently in kind of a trouble with killing normal chrysaor and other hard life regenerating uber bosses. I´m a lvl 120 paladin, using mindflay and slayer and most of the gear (even better) that is described in this thread: http://www.medianxl.com/t3353p30-unholy-caster-lf-guidance

As u can see in the original thread, people recommend hitting chrysaor with a melee attack. I got the 50% chance from the butchers tooth, so when i finally hit him, he is bleeding, but open wounds doesnt last long enough to kill him. Tried it like 10-20 times, without any good resulsts, at the end its allways him who is killing me.

I got 16k hp, 30k mindflay dmg, -200% enemy lightning res and OW..... i really want to farm this duded to get some su´s, cause im playing like 3 weeks or so and got nothing.

Hopefully i dont have to post all my gear to get some help. If this is the case, where can i host my pictures?

Greetz

sodbobby
Sasquatch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How to apply Open Wounds with caster?!

Post by Stealthmaster on Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:15 am

You can try to get more Spell Damage (from jewels) and kill him with spells. This is the easiest way. Let him hit scourges while you will be casting non-stop. Since you're not a melee build you can't kill him in 2-3 melee hits even with OW (not considering if you're going to respec your skills to melee) so his crucify can finish you very quickly.

Stealthmaster
Infernal Machine

Master of Stealth!
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbobby on Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:19 am

Hey,

thanks for ur reply. My actual buffed castrate is 138% and lsd% is 598% (with d2statstool). Is there a fcr cap? What should i look for? Thank u

sodbobby
Sasquatch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by korcola on Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:35 am

korcola
Dark Templar

♨‎ (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻ ♨ - Honorable Soldier
TGBest 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:53 am

get a nightmare amulet. iirc it stops the healing, then you can easily pwn him.

1% Ctc lvl 8 Nightmare when you Take Damage

it triggers even when you get hit by spells. Smile

if you want to check the fcr cap, use the SpeedCalc:
http://www.medianxl.com/t5893-speed-mechanics-explained-updated-speedcalc

run the program by doubleclicking the Speedcalc.jar (if it's not running, install Java Runtime Environment). pick the superbeast morph from the dropdown "select class" if you're using it, and enter your fcr % from items and fcr % from skills, and you'll see how much more fcr you need to get to a specific frame.

in this specific case where you use superbeast, you're already down to the minimum 4 frames, so you can't go any faster than that. (you're even over the limit) so now you should invest in damage instead.

edit: ninja'd by korcola. xD

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben- on Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:18 am

just get more dmg

Ben-
War Thug

British Gentleben
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tencanek on Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:55 pm

Move points from vitality to energy, or at least mix that 50%/50%. Craft jewels with energy factor(after you get lots of ene factor, this means over 300, dump all into energy) and lightning spell damage, in ideal case with bonus to energy or flat energy. Or craft circlet with brimstone oskill(powerful small radius nuke, yet lagging like mad), but because brimstone raises level req. to 117, u can use rare circlet too.

And to finally answer your question from thread title, orb ring with single wyrd orb and use it. That way any caster can apply OW not using melee swings, however casters usually have crappy attack rate. BTW imperius set has 33% retreat after striking, with wyrd, stormlord skill and massive dex bonus from set this could work as great as sins psychic scream.

tencanek
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbobby on Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:18 pm

so the wyrd from the ring applys ow?

sodbobby
Sasquatch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tencanek on Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:25 pm

it does wdm damage so yes, it does apply open wounds IF:
1) wyrd actually hits target after attack rating check and if you have 99% Open wounds and less(i see you have only 50%OW from butcher charm), then:
2) if random number generator triggers chance to apply open wounds(if you have 100% and more, then it applies after every succesful hit)

tencanek
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbobby on Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:26 pm

actually i got about 20k attack rating, dont know if thats enough for sir chrysaor, will be checking tonight

sodbobby
Sasquatch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum