The Triune Boss

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Triune Boss

Post by Chaomen on Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:04 pm

Hello there, I'm sort of new to this mode and wanted to share some thought concerning "The Triune" boss. Just killed him as poison-ice sorceress and I'm pretty much offended by the difficulty it had, right now it makes you suffer a lot of pain. I encountered several problems with it causing me severe pain and gonna list them all.

1) Primus Messenger(PrM)'s teleport.
 This teleport deals a little damage and teleports you to random location, can be cast at you several times. The problem is it kills you instantly when you have 1 hp and can leave your corpse far away from town portal and can even bring it right to PrM, making corpse retrieval almost impossible.

2) Arihan's underground fire.
 When Arihan is at about 50% health he increases his velocity and he starts spawning underground fire at random location with rate of about 2-3 spawns/sec, this skill seems to kill no matter what when it landed on you. Ofc, this skill won't kill you if you charmed him, but can be pain in the ass. I was unable to charm him immediately after previous charm time ended, thus one underground fire was leaked while he is your enemy, and you can get killed by that(I don't know if it's possible to charm him faster so random fire won't kill you). Because of this I was killed 4 times, was very frustrating.

3) PrM skill choice randomness
 As far as I can tell, PrM doesn't have any sequence of ability use, he uses what he wants and when he wants, he can use his teleport skill when he sees you or right when you have 1 hp. What's more, when I arrived to field between the palace and narrow passage to it, he was near the middle of the field, in the end he entered passage and was so deep, that he casted spells only when you enter this passage deep enough. This fact even more increases random factor of this boss.

4) Arihan's curse.
 Arihan can cast spell, that decreases you and your minions velocity dramatically and maximum health to 1, granting you instakill from any source of damage. The problem is he can forget about it for a minute, or he can cast it at the moment his charm ends and PrM will cast it's teleport or death missiles and believe me, you don't want to cast divine appration/blink to dodge them, because in the second you teleport Arihan and death wings will come to you and decimate you and leftovers of your summons, if you'll have any, as it's hard to make PrM cast death missiles at Arihan while having any summoned non-ghost unit.
 So, here are the problems, they have very big random factor, which doesn't really gives satisfying(pleasuring) difficulty. When I was doing other hard (at least for me) uberquests I was very charmed by the fact, that they mostly required precise movements and ability to remember every little thing needed to finish it (I mean like debuffing constantly; cast force wall, in my case, when needed; summon meatshields and all this in short period of time), but this uber was very long (more than one hour long) and left only void inside my heart when this nightmare ended. I have some suggestions according this uber:

1) Give PrM spell cast sequence, so you can predict and, possibly, dodge deadly teleport (death missiles are ok, maybe increase their velocity to balance).

2) Decrease underground fire damage to 33% of maximum health (though non esu symbol users might suffer without no instant health cure), but increase it's radius and spawnrate in 2 times, this gives 8 times more chance to catch fire (I'm not taking into account resists for damage).

3) Increase maximum health reduced from Arihan's curse to 2, so PrM's death missiles won't kill you if Arihan casts his curse on you right before missiles arrive (and underground fire won't kill you instantly too, only if death missiles and underground fire proc'ed at the same time).

4) Remove PrM's teleport damage or make it to inflict 50% of minimum health damage.

That's all, feel free to comment on my suggestions or convince me I'm was playing wrong.

Last edited by Chaomen on Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Chaomen
Ent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Triune Boss

Post by void on Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:22 pm

Triune boss = such annoyance. ^^ All you said happened to me too.
But honestly, in the end all that matters is that you succeeded
What results would be reasonable for a first attempt at this uber anyway?
I'd argue if it's your first try it is to be expected that it won't be a cakewalk.
So... congrats, you got the charm. Razz

Also Triune uber has already been discussed in this thread: http://www.medianxl.com/t5421-triune-thoughts-questions

void
Prince Albrecht

Cool Font Guy
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaomen on Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:07 pm

Oh my, should've look harder through threads, was too lazy. Thanks! But should I duplicate my message to the old thread?

Anyway, I don't expect my other attempts to be of much success, a little time improvement - maybe, but will be as painful as first. I don't even expect myself to do it again. All this because of given above problems. I don't even counting fact, that I found during run 5 cycles: 1 mid-sized speed with fabulous +3% overall speeds, and 4 lust cycles (someone wants to be in the dark?).

Chaomen
Ent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:11 pm

iirc using summons/reanims causes more trouble, and makes his spells more random. but I never fought him so I cant say for sure.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by evil_potato on Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:09 pm

it's not meant to be EZ faceroll uber. You'll have more than 1 hp if you avoid primus' burn damage bolts. also, using an item with charm oskill that has a consistent charm length will enable you to keep arihan charmed all the time.

evil_potato
Bane Hunter

Evil Protato
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinoy_Ako!!! on Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:04 pm

people should thank Marco coz he reduce the "difficulty" at Triune. its friendlier now compare to previous patches.

about the boss fight, it doesnt focus mainly on applying charm to Arihan, killing the bats & dodging the Messenger 1hp missile curse. You also need to use yourself as bait to speed up the process of killing Arihan.

as ive written in a thread about Triune centuries ago, positioning your character is very important in Boss Fight.  Smile

Pinoy_Ako!!!
Fireblood

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:05 pm

those ubers are meant to be a pain, wait until you try "the void"

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PaulManKey on Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:50 pm

@Pinoy_Ako!!! wrote: positioning your character is very important in Boss Fight.  Smile

kinda totally agree with this one, i tend to believe the "sequence" of skills is totally dependand on where u + ur summons stand, run it 4-5 times and ull see the paterns.

That being said i too believe Triune is veeeeeeeery fucked up difficult, excelent creation from mr Marco but its soooo hard, and Rolls, even the void which seems like 1 of 4 hardest ubers, with knowhow and gears it's "doable"..

PaulManKey
Djinn

TGBest 430

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinoy_Ako!!! on Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:11 pm

actually if youre doing the Triune bossfight in XI patch, Primus' Messenger can fly to plantboxes beside the bridge Laughing

Pinoy_Ako!!!
Fireblood

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:14 pm

Well, I don't know why it would be more tedious to fight a boss for 10 hours than farming 10 hours, if you succeed, you're bound to get a reward Mr Green

Anyways the reason why this boss fight is like this, I've said many times: variety. There are already more than enough ubers that can be oneshotted (almost all). These mechanics are a faster-paced less frustrating version of purify fights. It's more focused towards dodging, in fact, that's pretty much the thing you should be focused on the most (besides charm). That said, the charm isn't mandatory as it's not as big as something like for example CFM. The whole other part of this uber is that you can farm cycles Smile

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum