XV Bugs&Feedback

Page 11 of 38 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24 ... 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: XV Bugs&Feedback

Post by archon256 on Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:56 am

Long duration doesn't make much of a difference, since you can just keep reapplying poison with shorter duration spells. You don't even need to recast to reapply Pestilence poison, just stay within range.

In fact Rotting Flesh's duration should be nerfed, since the only use of long duration poison is to cheese monsters. Instead of duration the range advantage over Pestilence should be emphasized by buffing it even further. That way Pestilence will be better for tankier, melee builds (like the one I'm doing right now with Dreadlord) and Rotting Flesh can be the true caster skill.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:02 am

Hmm what about instead of range buff (like I said with no monsters around it hits the edges of the screen), I suggested making the bolts always pierce? I think the amount of bolts are fine and promote actually aiming instead of the traditional spam nova. I am following your logic now though and am starting to understand what you guys are meaning.

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:42 am

Found sleeping cave snapper in stony field, i thought they only underground, unlike the act2 counterpart.

Demon Afk lol

iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:51 am

I think a missile density upgrade is in order. As it stands its range is better but of limited effectiveness outside of pestilence's range because of missile spread, does less dps when smaxed, and lasts longer. If it were to serve as a long duration poison spreader, I think it would benefit from a missile density buff to ensure a better spread across the screen.

It's still a perfectly good skill it's just that when you compare the 2 from a minmaxing standpoint there's not too much reason to use it given the extra micro. It's more of a flavor thing I suppose.

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:02 am

You smax the passive not the skill just in case I'm reading what you are saying correctly. Rotting flesh does almost 4x more dps end game on my character.

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:05 am

@sexen: x poison damage over y duration is effectively a total value of X over Y, meaning that the amount poison gets divided by the duration.

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:11 am

486,021/15= 32,401.4 dps

83,825/2= 41,912.5 dps

On the plus side for rotting flesh it appears as if pestilence doesn't hit too terribly often so that may be enough of a perk to justify 1 over the other.

Edit: I'm sad to say this but boneyard has damage cap issues. Shame on the necro testers for not catching this.  Nope

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:17 am

I thought that was for wdm poison and not spell poison. Why does the docs thing say otherwise? I'm so confused Sad That would mean duration would actually lower dps then.

@boneyard it has never not broke the damage cap except for in final release (but I guess it still hits it when maxed). Don't blame us Razz

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:25 am

That damn skill has been nerfed so much and it's still hitting the damage cap. DOH!

@Sexen wrote:
Also am I missing something about poison? The poison damage explained section states that if I hit with a skill that does say 300k over 11 seconds does that not mean it hits for (300k,300k,300k,300k,300k,300k,300k,300k,300k,300k,300k) ? I keep seeing posts from people that make me think they think it is an averaged damage that does 300k/11 for 11 seconds. Maybe I'm the one confused but thats what the docs say.
Can you quote the relevant section of the docs?

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:33 am

@archon256 wrote:That damn skill has been nerfed so much and it's still hitting the damage cap. DOH!

Yeah, and now I've even seen someone say it's weak early Facepalm

At this point all I can say is, don't smax it Shifty

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 38 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24 ... 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum