XV Bugs&Feedback

Page 6 of 38 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22 ... 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: XV Bugs&Feedback

Post by arhowk on Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 am

Is what intended?

if your referring to the shadow/holy differences than yes, you can be holy with a shadow influence and vice versa

arhowk
Thunderbolt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by desenator on Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:15 am

Oh, my bad!
But isn't unholy caster + sacred armor = wicked ?

Edit: You're right!
I should go to sleep, it's 7:12 A.M. I am crazy.

Last edited by desenator on Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:08 am; edited 1 time in total

desenator
Prowler

Hi(gh) guy!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by arhowk on Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:19 am

@desenator wrote:Oh, my bad!
But isn't unholy caster + sacred armor = wicked ?

huh/

unholy caster has always had sacred armor. my fav was superbeast + tantrum + sacred armor and just suicide bombing a boss with like a 100 stack of tantrum pain on the floor

arhowk
Thunderbolt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:25 am

@arhowk wrote:
Same with its absolutely horrid targeting system? :p
That's an unfortunate consequence of being stuck with D2's targeting. But I try to weakly justify it as "wind" in my head, lol.

@arhowk wrote:
meh havent tried that but I doubt it will outperform deathgaze. Biggest issue IMO is its inability to multihit, at lvl 30 i can pull off like 1k whirlwind hits but im spamming immersion for ~10k at 10x the speed, deathgaze matching that depending on the mob density.
Yeah I agree. It will never be as good at quickly killing things as the other skills. That's just how WW is coded, and Marco's tried his best to give it other advantages. The TCD and life on striking will make you tankier than other barbs, even though you'll kill things much much slower.

Meh my issue was I prefer to spam +skills early game and i ended up speccing all of my gear for FCR. with only a few +skill from dogs and staff n shit its at about the right level where i can go torrent -> immersion -> sweep -> torrent -> ...
Then you're using the skill as intended! Things get a lot more interesting once you get Antimass to a low-ish timer too. Opens up a lot of combos.
Immersion (and Arcane Torrent) doesn't need to scale strongly with soft points to be useful. That would result in a shortage of skill points for Feedback sorcs.

Also the high mana/level is a good thing, it allows you to keep your mana low in the late game. You can compensate for it by using appropriate amount of mana regen MOs in your jewelry.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HollowPilgrim on Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:26 am

Some of the new Necromancer skills are awkward and not that effective/are frustrating to use. Love that Druids get a wolf form this time around though.

HollowPilgrim
Invader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Westville on Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:00 am

@HollowPilgrim wrote:Some of the new Necromancer skills are awkward and not that effective/are frustrating to use. Love that Druids get a wolf form this time around though.

perhaps you're not using them correctly; if you could be more specific I may be able to tell you how to use them; The necro is actually a really powerful tree...if you know how.

Westville
Arachnida

Ace of Spades
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:06 am

It's definitely more "clunky" than other caster trees. Fire sorc can just flamefront everything in front of her, but the Necro's Boneyard doesn't hit your main target. Poison sorc can just hold down the mouse button to spam Lorenado, while Rotting Flesh needs you to target a minion, etc.

But the flipside is the damage of the skills is pretty high, so it's worth it.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HollowPilgrim on Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:27 am

@Westville wrote:
@HollowPilgrim wrote:Some of the new Necromancer skills are awkward and not that effective/are frustrating to use. Love that Druids get a wolf form this time around though.

perhaps you're not using them correctly; if you could be more specific I may be able to tell you how to use them; The necro is actually a really powerful tree...if you know how.

I'm sure it is powerful with enough effort, but the problem is other classes get the power without the difficulty of using the skills. Even the sorcs mana skills, which take a bit more thought than the usual hold in left click to win type things, are fun and very effective. I think they would be more enjoyable and more effective if they were just a tad more straight forward.

HollowPilgrim
Invader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:03 am

@HollowPilgrim wrote:
@Westville wrote:

I'm sure it is powerful with enough effort, but the problem is other classes get the power without the difficulty of using the skills. Even the sorcs mana skills, which take a bit more thought than the usual hold in left click to win type things, are fun and very effective. I think they would be more enjoyable and more effective if they were just a tad more straight forward.

my logic towards making new skills was basically, either make a brand new tree or make separated skills so that all builds of that class will have a change in the playstyle (i.e. Paladin). For the classes that get one defined tree (druid, amazon, necromancer most importantly) get some mechanics that are different, because the normal ones already exist. Amazon's storm tree is not straight forward at all and "confusion" can lead to people play the build in a lot of different ways. Essentially, not a cookie cutter build that spams 1 skill and everyone uses. I have always been a fan of variety if you check the uberquests I did, Median has always been a very complete game, sure I could add just more novas and stuff but it feels even more complete to have these kind of builds where you let people experiment.

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HollowPilgrim on Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:17 am

@MarcoNecroX wrote:
@HollowPilgrim wrote:
@Westville wrote:

my logic towards making new skills was basically, either make a brand new tree or make separated skills so that all builds of that class will have a change in the playstyle (i.e. Paladin). For the classes that get one defined tree (druid, amazon, necromancer most importantly) get some mechanics that are different, because the normal ones already exist. Amazon's storm tree is not straight forward at all and "confusion" can lead to people play the build in a lot of different ways. Essentially, not a cookie cutter build that spams 1 skill and everyone uses. I have always been a fan of variety if you check the uberquests I did, Median has always been a very complete game, sure I could add just more novas and stuff but it feels even more complete to have these kind of builds where you let people experiment.

Thanks for the reply Marco. I've been playing since median 2008 and I love what you've done with the mod and the additions you continue to make. Been a lurker on the forums for a long time too. Anyway, I guess what I meant about the comparisons to the mana sorc tree is that I do enjoy skills that aren't 100% straight forward, its fun to play a build that can't be put on left click autopilot. I feel like the necro caster would play more smoothly if it had 1 skill as a more straight forward projectile, maybe even if something like boneyard did half damage to the first enemy it hits or etc, in addition to its other spells that are effective but kind of circumstantial. Just my 2 cents.

HollowPilgrim
Invader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 38 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22 ... 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum