Favourite farming place

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Favourite farming place

Post by Stealthmaster on Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:42 pm

Post here your most favourite places in Median XL to farm something. Feel free to name characters, builds, different methods of farming or various non-cheating tricks to improve farming. Smile

My most favourite is The Truine because of many things.

Firstly, the whole level looks awesome. I love its unique structure and design (probably one of the most beautiful ubers for me). Secondly, all regular mobs here drop tons of sacred items (the same as in Dunc for me). It means that after several runs you can finally find this sacred bladed shield/ancient armor/other-item-you-were-searching for-for-ages (and it's far less dangerous than Duncraig). At last, you can (and want) to farm those awesome cycles. And because there are so many types of them, you will love that moment when you feel lucky just because the cycle that was just picked up was simply perfect. Smile

As for a char, I prefer farming here using cold sorceress. She is fast and quite deadly here. Abyss for killing golems and archons (the only things to beware but if you stay mobile all the time while fighting with archons, they are also a joke), another element skill for killing Kraken Guards (they are harmless because they don't move much) and Hailstorm skill from amulet against Temple Spires (almost 1-shot with good EF and SD). Using minions here are optional so you shouldn't worry about this too.

Tips: just switch the runmode on and cast abyss around everything non cold immune. Run in circles to avoid homing missiles of archons and you'll be fine. Also, you all know that Temple Spires have a massive delay after 4 meteors casted so why not use this to your advantage? Razz

Stealthmaster
Infernal Machine

Master of Stealth!
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favourite farming place

Post by Frytas on Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:10 pm

K3K because I like sets. Also no poison immunities so anything with a single target killer + aoe poison just demolishes this uberlevel(like caster druid or poison/anything sorc,I prefer cold as my second element because I like minions). It's an entry level uber,and the first farming spot for 99% of my characters that reach destruction.
edit(actually a few of them):  Physical and magic damage users are good too,but I only mentioned poison because I mainly play casters/mages/whatever you like to call them. Razz

Frytas
Mindless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hellgrind on Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:32 pm

Nothing will beat Dunc and Fautz.

hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sslaci on Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:42 pm

Fauzt ofc. huge, largest drops of all kinds of items, and espec more chance of cotw Very Happy

sslaci
Spike Beast

TGBest None

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:49 pm

fauz usually. UMO, GR, Jewelry (amu, rings, jewels (cotw)) and decent other drops as well.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinoy_Ako!!! on Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:08 am

the triune, lots of cool stuff drop here especially the cycles. i use melee barb to farm it Twisted Evil

Pinoy_Ako!!!
Fireblood

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by powtek on Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:21 am

Fauzt for amu/rings and TA for SUs. Kinda slow but at least I'm not spending most my time recovering my body in places where blink is required (e.g. Dunc).

powtek
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by korcola on Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:49 am

blood moor > all

korcola
Dark Templar

♨‎ (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻ ♨ - Honorable Soldier
TGBest 1

View user profile