FIRST IMPRESSIONs about XV -Barbarian-

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FIRST IMPRESSIONs about XV -Barbarian-

Post by stoya on Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:47 pm

first of all, i have to thank marco about being awesome about this median mod.. since ages we all waiting some drastical changes on median xl at least i was waiting. now here we are marco (baby modder Mr Green ) finally did it and added new skill tree on every char which suits their role and lore of game. he started modding slowly by adding 1-2 new ubers then new items new sets new maps new skill and here we are, after i played around 5-6hours single player i kinda feel that i am playing whole new median atm.. that something we should appreciated.

first of all, this is not a guide or something like that i just wanted to share my opinions about classes, since i didnt see end game yet just lvld all classes to see new skills

BARBARIAN

-Blood Hatred-

complete new tree for dual wielding part, starts with blood hatred which is already one of the strongest melee attack in game which temporarily increase dmg and add debuff to reduce enemy resistance(which was/is key) aswell as providing insane amounts of losim with small drawback of life degen - which can be bypassed by titan strike&eagle stance&landing succesfull hits to mobs..

melee and even dual wield was least fav barbarian in median imo and needed some buffs to attract players, no i am not saying it was weak and needed buff(it was fucking strongest barb but hardest to play for lazy player) sadly communities react skills&changes like that 'buff something and make community play it' and marco knows it, imo. also i always thought that barb needed another specialized dual wielding tree anyway.

mains usage of bloodhatred is healing your char in shitty situations and getting -enemy lovely debuff for your lovely elemental procs(check barb biased weapons/armor pieces they are mostly ele proc based for sure and its not a coincidence) and flat elemental dmg. so in modern gaming, this is must&gg buff that you want to keep active for you dualwielding chars OR use it when needed skill-panic situations when on low life-.

nvm blood hatred is keystone of dual wielding tree with daedalus atm, ->

-Daedalus-

while blood hatred add nice debuff on enemies/buff on your char to reduce their resistance to elemental attacks&spells, this new passive skill adds flat light dmg and scales so well till end game with points as we see.(%15 light dmg inc per pts)
another part of this passive is adding flat hp amount which suits barb, it meant to be tank of diablo&median.. when it comes to tanking hp is one of the core thing. also with more hp degen of bloodhatred will be migitated.(note:degen of bloodhatred never had/has been an issue tho just saying for information)
last and most noticable part for me is, new daedalus passive gives attack rating which/where barbarian lacks and sucks for end game.. so this new passive skill tree really %100 suits barbarian&dual wielding and it is well designed and good synergy with dual wielding..
smaxing this passive is an option both providing hp&attack rating&and gg amount of flat light dmg - aswell as spending 1 point to 1+x points also optional and good choices depending on character design and synergy.
also this passive will grant huge buffs to elemental dmg based chars like kraken stance&nephalem wep barbarians.. i wont spoil so much build ideas since i already had tons of them running in my mind Smile

-Iron Spiral & Deathgaze -Twin Terrors of Dual Wielding Tree-

well best suited words for these new skills for me is calling them 'twin terrors'.. iron spiral which is biased for swords that deals fire dmg with convertion of physical dmg AND deathgaze is biased for axe that deals flat cold dmg.

lets start with iron spiral, -i assume its nova based attack with SWORDs like old spiral dance- which creates vortex/nova of blades that converts your %50 of physical dmg to fire and deals 1/2 wdm aswell as gets +%10 bonus fire dmg to your attacks.. this is really cool aoe skill that barb needed since ages.. you will probably want to load some - enemy fire res gear with this skill tho.. have to mention bloodhatred - enemy res buff again aswell. this skill suits clearing dunc and bremmtown where enemies are closer to you more than other uber areas imo..

deathgaze, -as far as i see, homing AXEs acts like hunting banshee; which travel further more then first shooting closest enemy so keep in mind THIS while using this skill- twin of iron spiral which deals cold dmg but now with 5/4 wdm which results insane dmg output but ofc comes with 1 minimal drawback imo.. you can easily get swarmed while using this skill. this drawback can be minimized using by strength beyond strength armor which has aeo dmg modfier(brotip). anyway, another well designed skill which deals huge dps (5/4wdm!!) and adds bonus cold dmg and more points on it will result getting more bonus to cold dmg. dont need to mention blood hatred - enemy res thing again but i will anyway Smile also there is another cool melee skill in game now which is ICEBURST also reduces enemy cold resistance(and even velocity) so while designing your char keep mind that those 2 skills can be combined to maximize dmg output and weakining your enemies esp for heroic bosses-synergy-.. this skill suits more like clearing fauzt and vizjun to me, providing random but map wide dps and homing attacks.

Windform

simple as it is, its just whirlwind Smile if you are not used to use this skill well i dont recommend to play it.. this skill always seems brainless click and win but in median it can be dangerous and must be handle really well imo. until you get used to this skill mechanics, try to adapt yourself in easier areas than using it on hard ubers.
whirlwind that deals 3/2 wdm which is again huge dps buffer!!
starts with 4 los - its not losim so both your initial hits and procs will benefit from it.. and los getting buffed by every hard skill points.
and last, this skill provides also some psn dmg over X time and time of it goes up with points.. where you will need another source of flat psn dmg to maximize its dps.
cool and lovely skill as usual, most people love whirlwind and now its back, even with more dps.
this skill really suits for boss killing rather than clearing maps to me, since you travel slower with whirlwind its not super optimal map clearer candidate to me. but bosses like kabraxis and such will be a lot easier now for barbarian imo.

-Iceburst-
this skill can be used with every melee item in game so its not on dual wielding part. simply, its melee attack that converts all your physical dmg to cold dmg with 1/2wdm also reduces enemy velociy by %50 and -%X amount cold res. seems like really cool boss killer skill to me, again its not super ideal for map clearing since it has small range.. but more points in this skill gives more area radius so it will be your personal choice tho. after ancient hands and stormblast barbarian now has insane cold dealing option with some nice other bonuses(debuffs). keep in mind that you can stack - enemy cold res on gear, spell dmg/cold spell dmg/flat cold dmg to boost your initial melee hits with aidance of blood hatred debuff. -explanation of boss kill part-

conclusion, rest of the tree is same so i wont explain further but some small things to mention
stormblast- still cool and viable option
shower of rocks- great debuff and dealing with imm mobs, slow and such (id always bind 1 key for this)
fortress- still viable and lame but works wonders, considering nephalem weapons and kraken stance will be so cool for new dual wield tree.. this skill can support map clear by 1pt
titan strike- great skill just awesome- doubt we will remember or have key for it with these lovely options

stances, i am still fan of wolf stance for dual wielding barbarians but with new skills also grabbing nephalem weapons as uber skill or using kraken-lion and maybe bear-snake(those 2 last choices to me) is ideal options.

i am so happy to see we have whole complete dual wielding options for barbarian in balanced way.. and it seems new skills has some good synergy with other ones and stances.. gj from marco.

peace stoya

NOTE: if you want to learn/read more about new skills&char concepts and ideas about new patch, here is awesome thread of marco : http://www.medianxl.com/t6173-xv-new-skills-explanations

id like to continue with other chars, that i planned to finish today but i see no reason after this thread so.. but we can talk theorycraft new builds and such in this thread and share our ideas about new patch.

Last edited by stoya on Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

stoya
Darkwarden

do some research LOL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FIRST IMPRESSIONs about XV -Barbarian-

Post by GregMXL on Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:57 pm

Welcome back, old friend. Razz

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l on Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:01 pm

i hate to say it myself but, hes just back and already doing some research

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nikolaipka on Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:04 pm

Wellcome back. Its miracle for me to read such wall of text but in this case, first its for my favourite class/playstyle/build and second its from stoya. You deserve a cookie.

nikolaipka
Fairy Witch

TGGood 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ozky on Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:12 pm

It's great no any critical bugs so far Smile building now my melee barbarian.

ozky
Jungle Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:27 pm

nice summary, i think you got the -enemy cold res part wrong of iceburst, if enemies are near the explsion of that skill ( which is almost impossible) their cold resistance is lowered ( even removes immunities according to marco)

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stoya on Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:37 pm

@rolls, my barb is only lvl 25 so iceburst has 5.3 radius or something like that for end game with many points it might be effective but so hard to understand that skill effect on low lvls tho. need to lvl further and see it probably needs more charms and points to understand its reall effect - radius and such.. so i am not sure that part is just theorically idea. since all heroics has adds with end game points still we can benefit from explosion and i assume result will be 1shotting most heroics with that skill OR maybe its crap skill dont know yet but either way- it will be 1point nothing more tho.
if it really works well id smax it and melt many bosses instead of stormblast or other skills. we will see

stoya
Darkwarden

do some research LOL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marquise on Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:50 pm

Knew it Mert that ur going to try the new patch ^_^

Marquise
Bloody Butcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Klank on Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:49 pm

Hey stoya, it's been a long time. I agree with the barbarian 100%, all I did was look at the new skills and I thought it got quite the skill tree with dual wielding.

Klank
Glowing Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vadust on Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:04 pm

Since we all know Marco's logic there will be no super easy miracles in any new skill tree's combos until some possible bug explore ( that will die very fast anyway). Also even with many + max skills bh ~15secs you still need a lot of + buff duration to make it easier for using.
In other way it could be 1hitko for heroics/bosses but still this is a melee and req strategy, patience, some items/runes/etc, better to say strong in strong hands with normal brain and matter of taste.
Edit: do i need to say that you need 50 successfull hits to get 50 lvl bh bonus? And when you lost them you need to repeat all that. Twisted Evil

vadust
Scaled Mutant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum