Post by aknazer on Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:52 am

So...where's my badge? ^_^

aknazer
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: XV: New Skills (explanations)

Post by Phalanxia on Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:27 am

Thank you for taking the time to write this explanation. enjoy travelling and hope to see you making the game bigger and better. Love your new ubers aaaaaand still contemplating those gold statues.

Phalanxia
Ice Clan

TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://rockstorm-games.net/dws/the-game/team/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darklen on Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:07 pm

Okay, i just downloaded the Median update toooo.... Try the amazon new skills!

And i just did.

Stormcall looks really ok, it got base damage AND lightning damage, and also acts like apocalypse. luv it.

Magnetic field, just by the description it seems to activate on-hit procs and all that. I asume that it doesn't activate procs that are on meele hit/attack :s, but whatevah. It does proc however Crushing blow and Open wounds, etc. The problem is that you got to use a Sceptre and... well. There doesn't seem to be an interesting Sceptre to use with those terms, at least yet. I'm not sure if this is intended, since on the explanation that Marco made there is that really tiny detail of "there's an extra choice to take as you could decide to boost your dexterity and damage regardless to make better use of your weapon procs, such as javelin from Danmaku" which seems... impossible, and it's practically useless with a full energy amazon without procs, Stormcall provides more consistent DPS, and it deals both physical and lightning damage sooo...

Anyway; I want to ask what's the real point at Hammer of Zerae... it's range is too low, it's DPS isn't really good (Lol, my character panel says it should deal about 453-153k damage, but it doesn't even tickle my enemies ._.), and it doesn't matter if you have a lot of Cast Speed, it will still have the same range and the same speed, but i think it does have on-hit procs :s, and it seems to have a defensive use.

And well, i said it on the XVc release, but i'll say it again just in case. Update Spirit of Vengeance to give lightning dmg. :3.

Darklen
Gloom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:30 am

Hammer is uses the Blessed Hammer mechanic. When fighting single targets the sweet spot is to the direct right of the target. This is where the Hammers are spawned, so every Hammer you fire will hit the target.

I mastered Blessed Hammer aiming by taking screenies and putting small dots (little low tac paper jobs) along the spiral.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:50 am

And well, i said it on the XVc release, but i'll say it again just in case. Update Spirit of Vengeance to give lightning dmg. :3.
That will only boost the damage of Stormcall (the other skills do WDM damage, so their missiles can't carry spell damage as well).

Maybe still worth it, but idk.

The problem is that you got to use a Sceptre and... well. There doesn't seem to be an interesting Sceptre to use with those terms, at least yet.
None of the other new builds got new items either (aside from sets). Stormzon is just the worst off because there aren't that many interesting scepters, because they were never designed to be used with WDM builds. I'm sure Marco will add new ones eventually though.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by anhvanthe on Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:11 pm

1. The sad thing about Stormcall is that it does not trigger on kill procs. If it does, there are tons of weapon choice.
2. It is true that Thunder Cracks does trigger on striking procs and on kill procs. However, it seems to not trigger on melee procs.

anhvanthe
Asatruar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:20 pm

^^
1. Neither does any other non-poison based non-wdm based spell.
2. Neither does any other missile based wdm spell.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gekko64 on Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:16 pm

this thread should be stickied imho Smile

Gekko64
Hopeless

Twinktwat

View user profile