Looking for a first character to play

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Looking for a first character to play

Post by Hysterio on Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:47 am

Good day guys!

Newb here. Its my first time playing this Median mod and I would like to ask for some help for my first char. I have played D2 LOD for quite some years and my very first successful char was a light javazon. For me it was very fun, just throwing a lightning bolt and watching it explode to multiple bolts killing multiple mobs.

Now I was wandering what good char to play as first. I have read some facts on the forums and I thought maybe I could play some Melee as something fresh. Is melee assassin good?

Also could anyone enlighten me on the backstab skill? is it good?

Thanks

Hysterio
Hungry Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking for a first character to play

Post by Aldurin on Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:28 am

If you want melee char try: necro melee (death knight build) pretty easy and fun to play, druid treewarden or new barb dual wielding. Melee soso is intresting too, since it is total new concept of playing mage class with sword and active monster slaying. Spearzon is nice too, with big flat defense bonus, pounce skill and massive poison dmg. Aboute sin, I used to play the build called The Kickstarter sin or simple ATMG sin, ATMG (trap that fire like machine gun) is IOS you can get from class specific sin shields. Read the guide on page for more info (ver nice build although).

Aldurin
Cabalist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hysterio on Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:09 am

Thanks man. I cant play Necro coz my game crashes when I equip ring mail armors and above except breast plate.

How bout the melee holy paladin? I've read that its good for mobs but poor for 1v1s but doesnt deva king resolve the retaliation problem? Thanks again

Hysterio
Hungry Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldurin on Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:18 am

@Hysterio wrote:Thanks man. I cant play Necro coz my game crashes when I equip ring mail armors and above except breast plate.

w00t? Thats weird man, I've never heard aboute that kind of bug/crush ... you need to fix it :/ Aboute paladin I barely play him in median, maybe because of a lot skill swaping wich frustrate me somtetimes. Someone else may will help you with pally build Wink

Aldurin
Cabalist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:30 am

@Hysterio wrote:Thanks man. I cant play Necro coz my game crashes when I equip ring mail armors and above except breast plate.

How bout the melee holy paladin? I've read that its good for mobs but poor for 1v1s but doesnt deva king resolve the retaliation problem? Thanks again

That bug is probably because you are trying to play on realm. You have to play single player with XV for now.

I also second the parasite necro suggestion. Really strong and fun build to learn the basics of the game/uberquests etc.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Azathoth on Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:50 am

http://www.medianxl.com/t210-v6d-the-fortress-barbarian

This still works, combined with Stormblast/Thunder Slam skills so you don't get bored. It'll easily get you even through destruction difficulty, and by then, you'll have figured the mod out to switch to a more interesting/end game oriented build.

Azathoth
Hivehost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hysterio on Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:20 am

Thanks guys. Well I believe my installer is somehow corrupted thats why when I play Necro it errors. I only play Single player btw.

Hysterio
Hungry Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adyxxx on Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:19 pm

try not to use edited by admin while doing so it crushes when you try to identify items Smile.

Adyxxx
Skull Ape

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:30 pm

You can bring up MH's now? 

Confirmation plz? Im always censored boo.

Will
Talic

Mr. Generosity/Former Forumer & Freak :)
TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://medianxl.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:54 am

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top