Eagle Stance+Stormblast mele barb vs Secret Chrysaor

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Eagle Stance+Stormblast mele barb vs Secret Chrysaor

Post by TQer on Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:22 pm

I don´t know if this thread should go here, as this is far from being a "showcase" (if showcase means what I guess it means, which I´m not sure), as I´m still a newbie for a lot of things of Ultimative, and thus my skills (aka as my knowledge of many things of the mod as my english sucks too) still sucks.

Yesterday an User that was playing an old version of the mod asked for help on Chrysaor Secret boss Uber. As this kind of toon was a great help for me to understand the mechanics of Secret Chrysaor and how to defeat him easily and just in case if there were some players with the same problem, hope that this thread could be of help to them to defeat that boss.

It isn´t the fast killer there, but as he has quite a high survivability you can spend a lot of time facing the boss without any need to spend time going back to town to buy more potions, asyour trance takes care of all your health´s needs (in fact you don´t need any potions at all):

As it can be seen there, in the very first moments of the fight all you have to do is lure Secret Chrysaor away from the Trap.
Once this has been done, you cna destroy it in total impunity or almost (it doesn´t matter if the traps summon monsters as they are really slow and hit like babies).
It doesn´t matter much if he summons just one, like in the video above, or more traps as the process stays the same no matter the targets you would have to destroy: lure away-destroy traps-face Chrysaor.

And about the fight against the boss it is quite straightforward so no too much explanations needed: basically all you have to take care of is not using the exact way you use as a "retreat" way, and that will keep you safe from the shower of rocks the boss keeps on casting, and the rest it is just to move-hit-hit-hit-move until his lightning resist had drop (and when that happens, as it can be seen there you will lower his health by a lot, so a pair of times with his guard down would be enough to kill it).

Eventually, he will summon more traps in the middle of the fight, but if that happens do not worry: this feature is easily noticeable as you will see that Secret Chrysaor "turns yellow". The only thing you have to do is repeat the process described for the very first moments of the fight, and once the trap(s) has been destroyed, take care of him again.

Also you will find on that area three "shrines"....so I guess that if you want to make it ever more easier the only thing you have to do is look for a time when one of those would be a fire one, so then you will begin the fight with half of the way covered, but the fight itself isn´t difficult at all so that is unnecesary.

Let´s see if later I find time to edit this thread with other toons and strategies (in any case, this kind of barb was a great help for me when I face that Uber for the very first time so I hope it could be useful for others that might have problems there), sorry for my awkward english (I will try later to polish a little bit....but do not expect a big margin of improvement  Very Happy !!!!!), and my apologies for the admin/moderators if this thread had been published on the wrong section.

...and once you had get used to the fight, it would be the time to add an extra dose of fun:

Secret Chrysaor x2:

Secret Chrysaor x3:

Last edited by TQer on Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:35 am; edited 3 times in total

TQer
Son of Lucion

Forum Human Rights Activist/TQ Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eagle Stance+Stormblast mele barb vs Secret Chrysaor

Post by stoya on Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:24 pm

i am not fan of eagle stance and had no sense to me at all vs boss fights.. but well played cool video.. wish i couldnt spend my cookie for today. gz

stoya
Darkwarden

do some research LOL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TQer on Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:34 pm

Hey, Stoya: thanks for your kind words!!!!.

And yeah, I agree with what you have said regarding eagle stance as not the best choice on bosses fights.
As I told above, the purpose of the video wasn´t a "showcase" (if that means to show a toon at his best which I ignore) but just some kind of newbie friendly tutorial to get familiar with Secret Chrysaor and his attacks...don´t know if the video will fit that prupose, but in my personal case it was of great help to get used to that fight when I was beggining to face this Uber (Yesterday a player reported that he has some problems on this fight, and I remembered the tactic I used when I faced Chrysaor for the first time).

P.D.: and nice to see that you are back at the forum; I´ve learnt a lot from your vids and posts.

TQer
Son of Lucion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:38 pm

Music: Kreator - From flood into fire \m/

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TQer on Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:01 pm

@Metalistas wrote:Music: Kreator - From flood into fire \m/

TQer
Son of Lucion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:06 pm

I suggest putting Fortress on your LMB, then you can just hit the hotkey, press shift and left-click to cast it without losing your stance. I like using the Spacebar as hotkey.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TQer on Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:43 am

Thanks for the suggestion, Archon....and well, that´s my entire fault as that should had been explained above: I was just casting fortress to keep my left hand busy but fortress isn´t important at all: all you have to do there is keep on using SB and you will kill Secret Chrysaor anyway (and it will take the same time basically), while you use your left hand to complete a Sudoku, held a portion of pizza or whatever you want to do.

TQer
Son of Lucion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MUS01 on Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:32 pm

Build? Items?

MUS01
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TQer on Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:04 pm

Hey, MUSO1: You have just caught me answering your question on You Tube!!!!!!.

And yeah, I prefer to answer it here because I usually don´t pay it attention to You Tube as I use it only as a support for the forums on which I´m an user, and also because if the main source of info for players is the forum, then the best thing you can do is to answer those things here rather than on a external plattform: then I guess than more people will benefict of it, and we will make a small contribution on keeping the community up, which being a mod is quite important.

About the skills: 35 pts on wolf comp, 12 ancient blood, max spirit guide (on the rest of this tree 1 pt); Eagle Stance just enough to reach an 8 secs full regen; 1 pt on runemaster, thundergod, Inmortal, 1 pt SB, and you can place leftover whereever you want to.

About attribute points, as you are using Eagle Stance, you might want to spend them on Vit.

And about gear: I didn´t include this one mainly because I build this toon on a untwinked multiplayer game, and a lot of the things he is using are crap.
But yes, It is an important question as the recipients of the video are newbies like me that could have problems on this Uber, and they could be asking themselves the same question.

The main item there is Yaggai´s (SU labrys) so then you hit twice with TB.
I´m using there a random helmet (iirc the one used is "the protector" of Barbarian Shaman Set), Scales of the serpent on torso, crafted gloves and boots (-light resist), a random amu (-light, +skills), Assur´s bane+1 seal of the Nephalem kings as rings, ....and as belt even a more random pice the asteroid belt (any other option you had available would be much better thna this), for nothing special: I get this one on that multiplayer game and as the idea there is to play untwinked and not to spend too much time crafting I just gave that item an use for ne special reason beyond using 1 more SU on the gear (otherwise we will spend more time on town crafting and orbing rather than playing).

I build this toon just to add a "tank" to the group when I was beggining to play, as I´m not a big fan of Barbs, I didn´t care of this toon anymore since then. In fact, the main use I give this toon is to make my 5 years old daughter farm elemental runes for me on the sewers when she ask me to let her play with my comp as the only thing you have to do is spam SB like mad: "just take from the ground anything that looks red" is what I tell her, and then I find a stash filled with elixirs....and a couple of elemental runes as much  Laughing !!!!!!

TQer
Son of Lucion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ohmarinus on Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:20 pm

@TQer wrote:In fact, the main use I give this toon is to make my 5 years old daughter farm elemental runes for me on the sewers when she ask me to let her play with my comp as the only thing you have to do is spam SB like mad: "just take from the ground anything that looks red" is what I tell her, and then I find a stash filled with elixirs....and a couple of elemental runes as much  Laughing !!!!!!

I have the evil idea of raising kids just so they can play Median XV for me but in the long run, maybe raising kids will take longer than just farming some ele runes myself.

When the realm is up first I'll do is give Secret Chrysaor a chance with my barb. Barb is nice for starters. Hatred Tran is cheezecake with a good barb.

Ohmarinus
Clawstorm Terror

Why u no mac for Sigma?!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum